Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Connections / Connecting between terminals at ORD" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by MADPhil
It would but OP is flying in on JL in J.
Doh! Completely misread the OP.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:04 pm

LAX-ORD-SYR

I have a one-hour layover coming up at ORD. LAX-ORD is a larger plane, and the second leg ORD-SYR is a smaller regional.
Any guesses as to what gates/terminals I'll be coming into and out of, and is an hour enough time?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by cheaptom
I have a one-hour layover coming up at ORD. LAX-ORD is a larger plane, and the second leg ORD-SYR is a smaller regional. Any guesses as to what gates/terminals I'll be coming into and out of, and is an hour enough time?
Which airline?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: United Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
So I've been trying to figure out if there is only one TSA checkpoint in T5 - my understanding from looking at the map is yes. Can you guys confirm?

Also, does the checkpoint have pre-check?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
I have an 6hr layover at ORD, and I plan to enter T5 using the refundable boarding pass trick. When I enter or exit T5, do I need to clear Customs/Immigration? This is considering that I will be just hanging out in the priority pass T5 lounges.
That is a lot of work for some rather average lounges. Should be no problem leaving. When planes arrive at T5 people are forced into secure area where you can only go to immigration but the departures is just a regular terminal really. If BA is your lucky victim for your trick.....they even have an airside shuttle from T3 so you dont even have to go through security.

Originally Posted by OhioExile
So I've been trying to figure out if there is only one TSA checkpoint in T5 - my understanding from looking at the map is yes. Can you guys confirm?

Also, does the checkpoint have pre-check?
Only one checkpoint and no precheck.

http://www.flychicago.com/OHare/EN/A...formation.aspx

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 30, 2016 at 10:00 am Reason: merge
Old Jul 31, 2016, 7:00 am

terminal 3 to 5 and renter 3 at o'hare?

We arrive at terminal 3 and have long layover to international flight leaving terminal 3. The lounge club we are members of are in terminal 5. Can we leave 3 , enter 5, and then reenter 3?
Old Jul 31, 2016, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by dekooning
We arrive at terminal 3 and have long layover to international flight leaving terminal 3. The lounge club we are members of are in terminal 5. Can we leave 3 , enter 5, and then reenter 3?
I'm afraid not. 3 and 5 are not connected airside, and security in T5 will expect a boarding pass for a flight leaving from that terminal. During your layover though, you can access all the facilities in terminals 1, 2, and 3, including the excellent Tortas Fronteras near gate K4. The walkway between the H and K legs of T3 has lots of seating and tends to be quieter than the rest of the terminal.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 5:23 pm

Thanks so much, Kurt, for your reply. Much appreciated as this is first time on this board for me and we do not travel out of country often. Tortas sounds up our alley! We will just deal with it now that we know the story. Again, thank you.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by dekooning
Thanks so much, Kurt, for your reply. Much appreciated as this is first time on this board for me and we do not travel out of country often. Tortas sounds up our alley! We will just deal with it now that we know the story. Again, thank you.
What is your lounge club? There may be a lounge somewhere in the three domestic terminals that will let you in.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by cheaptom
I have a one-hour layover coming up at ORD. LAX-ORD is a larger plane, and the second leg ORD-SYR is a smaller regional.
Any guesses as to what gates/terminals I'll be coming into and out of, and is an hour enough time?
Without this information....

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Which airline?
...the best I can narrow it is that you'll arrive into either Terminal 1, 2, or 3 and you'll depart from either Terminal 1, 2, or 3.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by FindAWay
Without this information....

...the best I can narrow it is that you'll arrive into either Terminal 1, 2, or 3 and you'll depart from either Terminal 1, 2, or 3.
Oh, I guess an airline would help: UA
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT
You'll be arriving T1, and likely departing T2. Connected airside, with a 15-20 minute walk between furthest possible gates.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Marriott, SW, Club Carlson, IHG
Fastest ORD Immigration ever!

Arriving at the ORD International terminal the other day, we had no checked bags, so followed the signs directing us (those with no checked bags) to stay to the right. There's a nice little passport booth before all the others. We had to wait behind one pair of people for like 45 seconds, then advanced to the passport agent, answer a couple questions, and we're done! Wow!
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Sounds good. With Global Entry and no checked bags, on several occasions I've made it from exiting the plane onto the jetway to standing on the curb waiting for my ride in 4 minutes, without walking fast.

Originally Posted by flyernick
Arriving at the ORD International terminal the other day, we had no checked bags, so followed the signs directing us (those with no checked bags) to stay to the right. There's a nice little passport booth before all the others. We had to wait behind one pair of people for like 45 seconds, then advanced to the passport agent, answer a couple questions, and we're done! Wow!
Old Oct 11, 2016, 12:23 am

Programs: United 1P
Hi, I am planning to take Austrian Airline business class from O'hare to Vienna in December. I understand Austrian Airlines depart from terminal 5. I also read the new United Airlines Polaris Lounge will open near gate C16 at terminal 1 in December. Customers traveling in international first or business class cabins on Star Alliance partner airlines will have access to the United Polaris Lounge.

So my question is:

Can I pass the security at terminal 1 with my Austrian Airline boarding pass? Ideally I'd like to get to airport early. Try the new United Polaris Lounge at terminal 1 first, then get back to terminal 5 to try Austrian Lounge before boarding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.