Consolidated "Connections / Connecting between terminals at ORD" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Connections / Connecting between terminals at ORD" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2016, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by knoebelsPT
Nice! Is this just a one-time swap or is the A380 coming to stay?
It's a one time swap to act as a check fit and dry run for the FAA, City and the Airline.

I'm sure we'll see it in here regularly by next spring if all goes according to plan.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:43 pm

I have an 6hr layover at ORD, and I plan to enter T5 using the refundable boarding pass trick. When I enter or exit T5, do I need to clear Customs/Immigration? This is considering that I will be just hanging out in the priority pass T5 lounges.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:18 am

LHR-ORD connection question

I will be returning to the US on a Wednesday 7/27 arriving at ORD at 3PM and
have to make a connecting flight to MCI by 5:10.
Will be traveling on AA and the other option is an 8:25 departure from ORD to MCI and will make things quite late & long considering the time zones.

Having never traveled internationally I'm inexperienced with the process.
We are US citizens without any precheck or global entry and I'm concerned there might not be adequate time to make it.
My understanding is that we have to clear customs, leave (airside) claim our bags and then go back through security and make our way to the gate.

Is this correct and for the experienced travelers through ORD what are your thoughts??
Thanks,
Steve
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:51 am
Suspended

2 hours to clear customs (without global entry) and grab bags and then check-in (without pre-check, TSA lines have been very long this summer) seems like a bad idea.

I'd go for the 8:25 departure. ORD has some excellent places to eat and drink. You can relax and grab a nice meal.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:57 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I'd definitely take the 8:25 PM departure.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:00 am
glg

You will arrive at Terminal 5. You'll clear immigration, claim your bags, clear customs, then you can give your bags back to AA before you leave the baggage hall. You then ride the airport transit to Terminal 3 (1 stop), go through security and go to your gate.

If this is on one ticket, I'd say just book the earlier one. If you run into issues, AA will put you on the later flight anyway.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by glg
If you run into issues, AA will put you on the later flight anyway.
If it's not already full.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:15 am

I have done a 2 hour international to domestic connection many times at ORD and never missed my connecting flight, I have always had time to grab something to eat and sit down for a few minutes after reclearing security. I don't have Global Entry, and the times I've done it, I didn't have precheck (actually last time, I did have Pre but it was 8 PM and the Pre line was closed, thanks TSA). If everything goes right, 2 hours is plenty of time.

That being said, I haven't done it since the lines at the ORD TSA checkpoints started backing up to Milwaukee.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
And of course depending on on-time arrival of the incoming flight.

Last edited by Non-NonRev; Jul 11, 2016 at 7:35 am
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:20 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I am connecting at ORD, flying in on JL J, and out on AA F, which lounge can I use? What about for the return flight in reverse direction? I do not have status with OW.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:49 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
I am connecting at ORD, flying in on JL J, and out on AA F, which lounge can I use? What about for the return flight in reverse direction? I do not have status with OW.
Assuming that your AA F is domestic it gives you no access. JL comes into T5 and you will exit land side and take the transit to T3. In T3 you will have access to the two ACs on the strength of the JL J.

The return JL flight will leave from T3, where the AA flight arrives, and the JL J will give you AC access. The AC doubles as the JL lounge.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 8:12 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Yes I'm on domestic AA F. As long as I have access to some lounge, I'll be good. Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by MADPhil
Assuming that your AA F is domestic it gives you no access. JL comes into T5 and you will exit land side and take the transit to T3. In T3 you will have access to the two ACs on the strength of the JL J.

The return JL flight will leave from T3, where the AA flight arrives, and the JL J will give you AC access. The AC doubles as the JL lounge.
Would arriving on JL F give the OP access to the Flagship Lounge in T3?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by cheltzel
Would arriving on JL F give the OP access to the Flagship Lounge in T3?
It would but OP is flying in on JL in J.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
JL usually puts up poster banners at the doors of the H/K Admirals Club and the Flagship Lounge, to identify lounges for its customers. Here is the F version:

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

Last edited by Non-NonRev; Jul 11, 2016 at 11:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.