Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

All together now -- Continuing technical issues from the legacy SPG forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All together now -- Continuing technical issues from the legacy SPG forum

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by mr_moon
All Together Now?

Received an email from Marriott customer care today regarding my missing nights, missing points, stays not posting etc. etc....

So despite the "All Together Now" message, the fact the programs are meant to have merged, and the fact I've merged my accounts, Marriott customer care can't even access the information about points that have gone missing from my SPG account??
Yep. In one of my numerous calls to customer service last week, I learned that reps at the MR elite number can't access any reservations at legacy SPG properties, and vice versa. I don't believe this has ever been explicitly communicated.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mr_moon
All Together Now?

Received an email from Marriott customer care today regarding my missing nights, missing points, stays not posting etc. etc....

So despite the "All Together Now" message, the fact the programs are meant to have merged, and the fact I've merged my accounts, Marriott customer care can't even access the information about points that have gone missing from my SPG account??
This reply is almost illiterate.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Finally went back to audit my own account to try to find the logic behind 10 missing nights. (Of course, I'm assuming a logical reason for the issue.) Turns out 10 is equal to my SPG Amex nights (5) and the number of nights for additional rooms -all on one night stays-, when I booked 2 rooms (once for 1 elite night) and booked 3 rooms (twice for 4 elite nights) in the Spring under the original SPG terms. Assuming this is the reason behind my nights issue it seems the IT folks wrote a script that ignored/backed out any stay with more than 1 room and also backed out/ignored Amex nights.

Now I wonder whether all of those nights for the last 8 years have been backed out of my lifetime totals. But I don't have time to audit 8 years worth of stays. I wish I had been smart enough to screenshot my SPG account before August 18....
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by dcstudent
Finally went back to audit my own account to try to find the logic behind 10 missing nights. (Of course, I'm assuming a logical reason for the issue.) Turns out 10 is equal to my SPG Amex nights (5) and the number of nights for additional rooms -all on one night stays-, when I booked 2 rooms (once for 1 elite night) and booked 3 rooms (twice for 4 elite nights) in the Spring under the original SPG terms. Assuming this is the reason behind my nights issue it seems the IT folks wrote a script that ignored/backed out any stay with more than 1 room and also backed out/ignored Amex nights.

Now I wonder whether all of those nights for the last 8 years have been backed out of my lifetime totals. But I don't have time to audit 8 years worth of stays. I wish I had been smart enough to screenshot my SPG account before August 18....
That makes sense but I don't think is the case.

I am 9 nights short and I had no multiple room credits and only have 5 nights from Amex.

I have, however, has 9 point stays this year - so that technically trues up the gap. The only other thing that adds up to 9 is the number of one night stays I've had. Neither of those make sense though.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
True, I may be totally off kilter with my guess. It's just the only way I could get my number of missing nights to match my actual nights. The missing Amex nights are a "known issue," so that's probably an easy 5 for anyone missing 5 or more nights. Maybe.

Originally Posted by ethernal
That makes sense but I don't think is the case.

I am 9 nights short and I had no multiple room credits and only have 5 nights from Amex.

I have, however, has 9 point stays this year - so that technically trues up the gap. The only other thing that adds up to 9 is the number of one night stays I've had. Neither of those make sense though.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by dcstudent
True, I may be totally off kilter with my guess. It's just the only way I could get my number of missing nights to match my actual nights. The missing Amex nights are a "known issue," so that's probably an easy 5 for anyone missing 5 or more nights. Maybe.
Wanna make it even more confusing? My wife has the SPG Amex card and a single one night SPG stay this year. Her account shows five nights.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by CLEguy
Wanna make it even more confusing? My wife has the SPG Amex card and a single one night SPG stay this year. Her account shows five nights.
This where I throw in the towel. There seem to be so many different issues, I seriously wonder whether "IT" is manually going through every legacy SPG account. It doesn't seem as if there is any rhyme or reason to all of the difficulties reported just here on Flyertalk for it to be a simple coding fix.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
I've been two nights down since the data migration. I don't have Amex nights. I haven't done any points redemptions this year. I have no nights with multiple rooms. So whatever is causing this widespread problem with YTD nights it is not necessarily related to Amex, redemptions or multiple rooms.

The x3 points conversion was and has remained correct.

Initially, my last two-night stay at the start of August was missing in the history which I assumed explained the missing two nights. This missing stay reappeared a week or so later but the nights were not added back to the YTD figure.

It tells me that the script is not calculating YTD nights from the account history. It's a field that was copied from the old SPG database into the new Marriott one but the migration date was some time about a month before the publicised switchover.

I would love to move on from this and merge my accounts and get on with booking hotels and staying in them enjoying my Platinum Premier benefits. But like many others this experience is making me hesitate engaging with this faulty IT. Anantara has just got five nights in a resort in Vietnam from me for October. I've not done something like this in five years...
karenkay, Canada101 and Kacee like this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
It seems they created some of their own problems in this. What appears to be happening (unofficially).
- Amex 5 nights , not showing up
- If you selected the 5 nights option for your 50 night award - missing
- Something strange going on in July with missing stays
- Post merger 1 - if you were with SPG you have a new SPG number which is not the one the reservation was made on . No sign of these stays and points posting, they are in the land of incompatible accounts.
- Post merger 2 - if you use a travel angent like Amex, they just ignored your SPG account if it was not updated by you and used your MR number for both.
-Post Merger 3 - if accounts not merged you likely don't have the SPG status while they use MR number (a reason to merge).

After a I merged my accounts I did see 6 nights of stays show up, but I don't know where they came from, the july issues or the 6 nights post merge with not details

Fortunately I was able to screen shot and transfer to Excel all my stays for 2018, which shows the 15 night difference. I know I have a way to prove the missed nights. Now I only need the details that show the 15 night discrepancy.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by deac83
Post merger 1 - if you were with SPG you have a new SPG number which is not the one the reservation was made on . No sign of these stays and points posting, they are in the land of incompatible accounts.
Contrary data point to this one...not seeing the actual line item yet in Activity, but points and nights did add to my total.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:05 pm

Maybe they could open the old system for us SPG types up again? Let us do the work of finding the errors and they can just post fixes.

Geesh - I get IT screwed this up, but couldn't they find someone competent to fix it?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, LH SEN
Originally Posted by FlyingBeanCounter
Maybe they could open the old system for us SPG types up again?
Data point: Nights & points counts are still wrong / have not posted.
Still hesitant to do all the copies/screen shots/documentation and send it to them, but at some point....

Slightly OT, but I was (pleasantly) surprised to notice when booking Le Méridien Etoile, Paris (first booking since merger), that it showed the old SPG template during the booking process.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by deac83
- Post merger 1 - if you were with SPG you have a new SPG number which is not the one the reservation was made on . No sign of these stays and points posting, they are in the land of incompatible accounts.
Yes and no.

My points balance is continuing upwards, but zero activity has posted to back it up. Truly an accountants nightmare.

I crossed the 100 nights threshold overnight to little fanfare. Haha.

This situation is more of the same junky IT from Marriott, but I expect better from Starwood. The last SPG agent I spoke with was sincere in her comments and documented by account with the list of known issues, and I agreed that I would not bother calling back until early October until this mess improves on its own (doubtful, I think).
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Pitero
Slightly OT, but I was (pleasantly) surprised to notice when booking Le Méridien Etoile, Paris (first booking since merger), that it showed the old SPG template during the booking process.
I wouldn't get your hopes up. The legacy Starwood properties are still using their same reservation system.
Pitero likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:17 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Contrary data point to this one...not seeing the actual line item yet in Activity, but points and nights did add to my total.
+1 as I have the same data point. My nights and points are correct, however those nights and points are not shown in my Activity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.