Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

All together now -- Continuing technical issues from the legacy SPG forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All together now -- Continuing technical issues from the legacy SPG forum

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:35 pm

Well, I got this from SPGAssist: regarding yet more missing stays and incorrect totals:

Hello Mr. BeanCounter. This is a known issue and our teams have been diligently working on addressing this. We currently do not have an ETA for a resolution and greatly appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Hmmm......

So after 18 days of flailing they still cannot even do anything to define the issue or identify a cause? How on earth did this not come up during user acceptance testing? Let me guess..... they did not do any? Or did they have illiterates do the testing?

Worse, maybe this is not the worst issue they are facing.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:43 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
New problem, I thought my nights were posting correct with my 3 missing nights since Aug 18th and missing points manually added by the rewards desk.

But now, my Lifetime night total went down by 5 nights in the last week. So my stays ytd increased by 3 and my Lifetime totals went down by 5.

I hadn’t been looking at the second page of account info this past week since my Lifetime nights were correct after the merge.

That has now changed. You better all check you Lifetime totals as your current stay totals adjust.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:53 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Originally Posted by TerryK
Can anyone point me to where I can view lifetime nights on www.marriott.com? I can see it on app but I cannot find lifetime nights anywhere on web. Of course it is incorrect, on app, but I cannot even find it on web.

Log in, drop down your name to account overview, scroll down to the second pageof account overview, my says Lifetime Platinum Elite near the bottom and theres an arrow over to the right, click it and up will pop your Lifetime totals.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Nights are now reporting correctly! (at least for me and one other FlyerTalk user )
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
​​​​​​​Correct YTD nights and Lifetime nights in SPG/Marriott account

Originally Posted by ethernal
Nights are now reporting correctly! (at least for me and one other FlyerTalk user )
OMG. You're right. You inspired me to check my app and the YTD (+2) and Lifetime nights (-37 YTD nights) are both now correct.

I must explore this account in detail on the app and online now to check all the other data. But, my friends, it looks like something correct has happened finally. An account merger awaits...

Update: the Account History is still slightly incorrect but it doesn't matter because the YTD nights and points balances are now correct. It leads me to suspect that there was a "Year Zero" moment on August 18 where absolute values were copied over from one database to another (incorrectly) and new totals will be based on new activity after that date.

Last edited by ftrichard; Sep 5, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Y'all made me log back in as well and my nights are also now correct! +10ytd -13LT. As others mentioned above, the activity is wrong (still shows 0 credit card nights) but the totals are correct.

My points are still of by a few thousand but that is not as important to me as the ytd nights due to me currently looking at ending the year at 51.....

Update: Spend still at $0, but that's more of a curiosity for me as I'll neither hit 100 nights or $20,000 this year.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:04 pm
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
All back as expected! Woo Hoo!

Add me to the 'correct nights' brigade.

From the afternoon of 5Sep US time:

- YTD nights correct for first time since 18Aug
- LT nights correct for first time since 18Aug
- Annual status correct
- LT status correct
- 'member since' shows '97 instead of '99 but it's possible I signed with Marriott then
- YTD spend seems overstated but perhaps not a Marriott issue.
- both last year's plus this year's SNAs in bank - correct
- reward certificates correct
- upcoming reservations correct, even though there's a warning that says otherwise.
- F&B spend from 2Sep not updated yet, but that's the only outstanding issue.

Happy me! Hope it starts resolving for all.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:30 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
My Lifetime nights have just gone down quite a lot - enough to dump me out of the Lifetime Platinum Status they had awarded.
It looks like they took away free nights in SPG - which I fear is correct.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:40 pm
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Originally Posted by Markie
My Lifetime nights have just gone down quite a lot - enough to dump me out of the Lifetime Platinum Status they had awarded.
It looks like they took away free nights in SPG - which I fear is correct.
I have not lost any of the redemption night count and neither should you. Whatever you earned with the old rules still stands, just like those in countries where a credit card gets you night credits
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Markie
....It looks like they took away free nights in SPG - which I fear is correct.
I didn't realize this. So Marriott count free nights in YTD nights but not in LT nights?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by TerryK
I didn't realize this. So Marriott count free nights in YTD nights but not in LT nights?
It could be related to SPG targeted double night promos that count in YTD but not LT nights (although to my knowledge there wasn't one of these targeted promos this year - there were two separate targeted promos last year).
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by ftrichard
It could be related to SPG targeted double night promos that count in YTD but not LT nights (although to my knowledge there wasn't one of these targeted promos this year - there were two separate targeted promos last year).
There was a targeted promo this year for double nights... it was either Double Nights, Double Points, or some stays = bonus point offer in the spring time.

My lifetime nights also decreased today but my YTD is now correct.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by myperks
There was a targeted promo this year for double nights... it was either Double Nights, Double Points, or some stays = bonus point offer in the spring time.

My lifetime nights also decreased today but my YTD is now correct.
Now your combined account YTD nights included those double nights from the targeted promo as well?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:58 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
+1. Everything posting correctly for me now. Lifetime status, Lifetime status nights, annual nights, annual status, etc. 18 days post merger and it's finally correct.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
So after merging on the 19th August now my LT nights ticked down with 3 nights. The LT night count have actually been correct since day 1. But for some unknown reason IT launched a new script into production which affect my LT nights. Now since I have 800+ nights it do no matter that much.

It seems that IT have no way of properly reconcile numbers associated with a particular account, i.e. regression testing of numbers is impossible, either that or the scope of code changes are poorly controlled. So from my view point it is all just ad-hoc adjustments to accounts.

Now if they could spend some time and money to actually make stays to post... what a bunch of clowns ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.