Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

All together now -- Continuing technical issues from the legacy SPG forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All together now -- Continuing technical issues from the legacy SPG forum

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
amex points conversion 3:2 now, was 3:1 with SPG

Just to confirm, with my Euro gold amex points conversion is now 3:2. With SPG it was 3:1, already pretty bad.There really are no good point transfer partners here. I can't transfer to United. BA avios is 5:4? 1:1 with hhonors?

Before: 15k Euro spend = 15k amex points, converts to 5k SPG points, or 15k Marriott points.
Now: 15k Euro spend = 15k amex points, converts to 10k Marriott points.

That is a loss of 1/3. Wow. And points are worth less, they don't go as far as few weeks ago. Not worth it.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can login and review my account now. I noticed four issues:
1) Missing 8 night credit which had been credited under old spg.com - probably Amex and award nights;
2) Missing one upcoming reservation - reservation is there if search by reservation number;
3) Incorrect Lifetime status;
4) No credit for stays after Aug 18 - probably a common issue.

Hope those can be corrected soon.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:27 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
That's quite interesting. On my USD AMEX Plat ICC MR card, it's 1 AMEX point = 1 Marriott point. It seems pretty terrible value and plan on sticking to airlines.

I almost always get the worst of things with the ICC, so I'm surprised that you have a worse rate.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:29 am
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Originally Posted by vanabb
Just to confirm, with my Euro gold amex points conversion is now 3:2. With SPG it was 3:1, already pretty bad.There really are no good point transfer partners here. I can't transfer to United. BA avios is 5:4? 1:1 with hhonors?

Before: 15k Euro spend = 15k amex points, converts to 5k SPG points, or 15k Marriott points.
Now: 15k Euro spend = 15k amex points, converts to 10k Marriott points.

That is a loss of 1/3. Wow. And points are worth less, they don't go as far as few weeks ago. Not worth it.
In Australia, we used to get 0.5 Starpoints (or 1.5 Marriott points) for 1 Amex point. The new rate is 0.666 Marriott points for 1 Amex point - a devaluation of over 55%. Marriott is no longer a worthwhile transfer option. At least we'll be earning a lot more points for our paid stays
kamchatsky likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Still no success with merging accounts. I think the thread should renamed to ALL TOGETHER DOWN.
puntamita likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by chenalex
Same with me. I had a 3-night stay over the weekend at a Marriott property that hasn't posted too.
Since I still don't have the nights in my account, I'm now getting in touch with the hotels directly -- they're clearly confused given all SPG numbers changed on the Saturday and it seems like they only the old number on file. It doesn't help that they're in China adding additional language barriers to the confusion.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:48 pm

What an utter disaster Marriott have turned this into. I'm sure no one thought this would all run smoothly. But the point is how badly Marriott have handled the problems. That is the true test of a company, how they deal with things when mistakes happen.

I was considering making a booking at a Marriott today, I spent an hour trying to login to the Marriott site but was totally unable to do so. That feature was unavailable! Quite an important feature! So I booked a Hilton instead. I can now login and I see that I'm still missing 14 nights, I'm still missing points and I still have future bookings missing from my account. When I check status.marriott.com it says Systems are online. Why doesn't it list all the issues I and many people are having? Why are Marriott trying to pretend that all is ok when clearly it is not!!
Old Aug 25, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by omegadeal
In the lifetime option it shows I have ~900 nights and 9 years as platinum or greater. If I hit my 10th year this year then can I get the lifetime platinum premier that was offered?
Assuming your 9-yr count doesn't already somehow include 2018 (as some seem to think of their accounts):

IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:21 am
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Assuming your 9-yr count doesn't already somehow include 2018 (as some seem to think of their accounts):
If my account can be considered normal, the LT platinum year count definitely includes this year, if the status was reached before the merge. I attained LTP in June and my LT count currently says 10 years. Obviously, not all will have renewed their status by this time of year, and obviously we can’t count on what the sites currently state.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
In my point of view Marriott acts like some politics theses days, ignoring the facts. Even basics are not working on my account. I'm very surprised and disappointed

- Can‘t lock into it with my usernam
- Two stays this week are not credited, not points no GC, no Stay nothing (should be reall basic)
- Wanted to book a week of vacation but not the Marriott nor the SPG is listed in the system ( bookable over other channels)
- even Hotel states massive IT problems, manging bookings, lost booking eg.

This is beside all known problems. I believe, this all is somehow shareholder relevant and thats why the communication is so awful.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:02 am

When are stays going to start crediting again? I'm waiting on stays from 15th -17th August, 17th - 21st August and 21st - 22nd August.

Has anyone who had nights missing from their YTD count from their Starwood account had this corrected yet?

I'm no longer booking Marriott hotels. There's no way in hell I can trust their system. As I said above, I actually tried to book a long stay yesterday but I was unable to login to either their Marriott or Starwood websites, so booked a Hilton.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:11 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Tried contacting the once-useful SPG Assist on Twitter mentioning that I was aware of nights/spend missing and asked if there was a timeframe for when things would hopefully be up and running again, received the useless response of "these are known issues, we are working to resolve them quickly." No answer, no help, nothing. Copy-paste, next.

I understand that this merger was a gigantic undertaking, but again, Marriott had two years to get it together. You know what, let there be glitches and hang-ups, crashes and failures. As a customer dealing with the service industry, all I wanted to see was an acknowledgment of a mistake. Rather than rushing to get their head honchos celebrating the programs coming together, status websites saying everything is up and running, and press releases waxing poetic about powerful programs and overall unity, a simple "we realize this hasn't gone smoothly, we're sorry we let you down, we're working on it and hope to get everything ironed out by X date/period." Just humanize things a bit and dignify us rather than go radio silent and act like everything is ok.

Again, I get that they're working on it and that this isn't as easy as some of us want it to be, but the way Marriott is handling the situation doesn't inspire confidence and leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth. Really is a shame that we're now eight days in, things are still awry and there's no end in sight.

RIP SPG.

khabah
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by khabah
Tried contacting the once-useful SPG Assist on Twitter mentioning that I was aware of nights/spend missing and asked if there was a timeframe for when things would hopefully be up and running again, received the useless response of "these are known issues, we are working to resolve them quickly." No answer, no help, nothing. Copy-paste, next.

I understand that this merger was a gigantic undertaking, but again, Marriott had two years to get it together. You know what, let there be glitches and hang-ups, crashes and failures. As a customer dealing with the service industry, all I wanted to see was an acknowledgment of a mistake. Rather than rushing to get their head honchos celebrating the programs coming together, status websites saying everything is up and running, and press releases waxing poetic about powerful programs and overall unity, a simple "we realize this hasn't gone smoothly, we're sorry we let you down, we're working on it and hope to get everything ironed out by X date/period." Just humanize things a bit and dignify us rather than go radio silent and act like everything is ok.

Again, I get that they're working on it and that this isn't as easy as some of us want it to be, but the way Marriott is handling the situation doesn't inspire confidence and leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth. Really is a shame that we're now eight days in, things are still awry and there's no end in sight.

RIP SPG.

khabah
This is exactly how I feel and glad I'm not the only one...
This "silence" would never have happened if Starwood was the one taking over.

One reason why SPG folks were so engaged with their loyalty program was because Starwood was engaged with back and forth communication. But it seems like Marriott is moving towards the "indifferent" way and sooner or later, its most loyal members I guess would start feeling indifferent as well towards the new loyalty program.
remymartin likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by BonViveur
In Australia, we used to get 0.5 Starpoints (or 1.5 Marriott points) for 1 Amex point. The new rate is 0.666 Marriott points for 1 Amex point - a devaluation of over 55%. Marriott is no longer a worthwhile transfer option. At least we'll be earning a lot more points for our paid stays
Yes agreed. In fact Amex actually stopped transferring Amex-> SPG in late July, almost 1 month too early. I was not impressed by it was I was planning to transfer even more points before the 18 August swap over. Now it is definitely not worth it.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Have a three room reservation coming up with Sheraton in Greece in two weeks with friends and family. Scared ........ the hotel won't be able to check us in and the rooms are given to someone else. Thanks Marriott for a complete screw up. You had one job.
My MR is however looking fine and dandy but reading all of the posts makes me worried. I'm glad my last stay was on 21st july and haven't had any reservations since then until middle of september.

Reading stuff that MR will move CS and Brg-line to Mexico is going to be another messy part ( if they haven't already). Future's not looking so bright. Trust is already destroyed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.