Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

All together now -- Continuing technical issues from the legacy SPG forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All together now -- Continuing technical issues from the legacy SPG forum

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by flyino07
Tried looking through the thread but didn't find anything: Is there any way to see where one currently stands on legacy SPG LT status?

I was (and still am) close to the 250 night threshold for LT Gold, but would like to know exactly how many more nights I need before Dec. 31.
You needed to stay 250 nights before August 18th.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Well, at least for my account I know what's missing from the SPG side. I had done a 'cut and paste' on all my SPG stays into Excel to confirm that before 8/18 I had 80 nights. After the merge on 8/18, my SPG came through with 65 nights. Interesting since I had, of course, all ready received the Your/24 confirmation email. Those nights have never shown up, even after I combined accounts.

After a line by line reconciliation, I'm 99.999% positive it's the 15 award stay nights at SPG, which are missing. In the account summary page, that shows where your nights came from. I have '2' redemption nights, which were from my Marriott account (I have 8/18 view to confirm that), but the 15 SPG nights are now added in, as I should have 17 in total.

My Amex 5 nights credit shows up correctly and my SPG50 award of 5 nights are displayed.

Those are the only award stays I had at SPG and none of them are included. They were at different properties and some were points plus cash and regular awards.

I do find it hard to believe that the 'activity' page doesn't show how many nights were earned, since it's a huge part of status qualification. Maybe I missed it or it's located somewhere else but they are more focused on points it seems.

This is not really that complex. Old SPG account 80 nights, 65 paid 15 award, post merged account only 65 paid nights. How do they miss that?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I went while I was booking a property 10 mins ago from ltp to 0 year plat and 5 years away to silver. Sh*tshow
Old Sep 30, 2018, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by lcpteck
You needed to stay 250 nights before August 18th.
Yes, all the tracker functions were updated to the new rules as of 8/18. But you do have the ability to earn SPG LTG by 12/31. Regardless of having combined your accounts or not, you must track your legacy stays and monitor your progress to legacy status. Sometime in January, MPG IT will do a sweep to see if any changes are needed (expect that to take a while given what we've seen so far). If you haven't combined our accounts AND book all SPG legacy hotels via your SPG account then it should be pretty easy. Since you have a single goal in mind, in this case SPG LTG, it's not that much work.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
For the record, I looked today and my 15 nights showed up. Of course they are in the 'paid' bucket and not 'rewards', but first time my total has been correct.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
I have had a couple of continuing issues:

1. Missing a couple of extra night credits from a friend's concurrent stay at the same hotel (different rooms); and
2. Status differential when I book at legacy SPG or Marriott hotels.

On the first issue, the stay was completed before the systems merger on 18 August, but the nights failed to credit before the merger. After exhaustive correspondence with hotel management (not Marriott corporate), the hotel responded by adding two nights to the length of my stay, saying that under the new Marriott system, they could not give me credit for nights spent concurrently by a friend. So for those of us still having this issue, it seems that only the hotel, not Marriott corporate, can fix the problem. It looks like the hotel took the sneaky way out, but I am very grateful for them making the effort.

Second issue: I booked at a Marriott hotel recently through my SPG account. I have not merged my accounts. I am Plat Premier with SPG, with 99 nights all at legacy SPG hotels, and Marriott with two nights at legacy Marriott hotels, Plat by virtue of status match last year. My recent booking states that I am only Platinum, not Plat Premier, which makes a mockery of the whole "one system / one account" marketing guff. Yes, I could merge my accounts and hope for Plat Premier, but anecdotes suggest it is more likely I will be downgraded to Plat-50. I am also hoping to qualify for Ambassador through legacy SPG rules (I am nowhere near the USD 20k min spend) so merging my accounts will probably complicate matters incredibly on this front. Oh well...
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:17 pm

I have a category 1-4 certificate but I can't seem be to able to apply it for SPG properties outside of four points + sheraton? Do I have to call it in?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:44 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Since the merger I havent had any Your World rewards into my Emirates account from my stays. Just wondered if anyone else was having this issue?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by spark787
I have a category 1-4 certificate but I can't seem be to able to apply it for SPG properties outside of four points + sheraton? Do I have to call it in?
Ywah, until those properties are on the Marriott reservation system.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:58 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I have received neither a reply nor the credit for my missing points request that I made over two weeks ago. Anyone else having the same problem?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I have received neither a reply nor the credit for my missing points request that I made over two weeks ago. Anyone else having the same problem?
i have filed 3 missing points requests since the merger....the first one was answered in 27 days, the second one in 23 days & the third one in 20 days....the only bright side to all this is that the number of days they are taking to respond seems to be going down....
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
I had a 4th night free promotion that I booked before the merger but it seems like the hotel did not apply after the merger - am I SOL here? Can't find the terms of my rate anywhere on marriott website now since all the promotions are gone...
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
does the confirmation emails have any rate details ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.