Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
LINK TO CHART

Legacy to New Travel Package Conversion (effective August 2019)
A Marriott supervisor can currently convert your legacy travel package into the new category mapping. If you hold a Category 6, 8, or Tier 1-3 legacy certificate, it's ideal to downgrade your certificate before converting so that points don't potentially get lost in the process.

The codes for the new partial packages are:
New Cat 1-4: QP83
New Cat 5: QP91
New Cat 6: QP99
New Cat 7:

Originally Posted by Marriott Rewards Insider
Members who purchased a Category 6, Category 8 or Tier 1-3 certificate prior to 8/18 are able to request a one-time exchange for a Travel Package one category lower. This process will cancel your current Travel Package, reissue a Travel Package one category lower and result in a refund of 30,000 points to your account. To submit a request, follow these steps:
  • Select “Packages - Deals” from the “Topic” drop down menu
  • Submit your request
As a reminder, status.marriott.com will periodically have additional updates.
Source: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...es-update.html

The legacy certificates map to the new certificates as such:
Cat 1-5 => Cat 1-4
Cat 6 => Cat 1-4
Cat 7 => Cat 5
Cat 8 => Cat 5
Cat 9 => Cat 6
Tier 1-3 => Cat 6
Tier 4-5 => Cat 7
==================================================

If you are unsure where you will use your 7 night stay, when you request the package, just ask for a category 1-5 hotel. That way you are out of the least number of points. If later, you decide to book for a higher level category, then you can do so and pay the difference the travel package points. If you can't use your certificate within the year, then as close to the one year anniversary (without going over!) call to extend the certificate for one more year. That's as long as they will typically allow, one extension. There is an option to expedite the mileage delivery to within three business days (sometimes faster) for $15. There are reports that this fee may be waived for platinum members.

Effective April 1 2017 re: Southwest & the companion pass:

"Purchased points, points converted from hotel and car loyalty programs, and e-Rewards, e-Miles, Valued Opinions and Diners Club, points earned from Rapid Rewards program enrollment, tier bonuses, flight bonuses, and partner bonuses (excluding points bonuses earned on the Rapid Rewards Credit Cards from Chase) do not count toward Companion Pass."
Can I book SPG properties with my Marriott Travel Package? As of 9/1/2018 apparently not. see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30155836-post6529.html
Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:43 am

Those of you who redeemed Aeroplan packages, how long did the miles take to show up in your account?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by khlay
Please don't. I love TP and will buy couples before 8/1
Me too, that was the only reason I am collecting SPG/Marriott points. 7 nights usually is hard for me to swing in one location, but considering it is pretty much free after getting 1:1.25 transfer ratio to airlines from SPG, totally worth it.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by flyer05
Those of you who redeemed Aeroplan packages, how long did the miles take to show up in your account?
If you redeem by Friday night, they will show up on Monday night. After Friday night you are waiting for the following Monday night
Old Apr 21, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Southwest
Are points refunded if price of hotel-air package decreases?

Say I purchase a Marriott hotel and air package for 540,000 points ( RC Tier 4-5 hotel plus 120,000 Rapid Rewards points) and, as of August 1, the package price decreases because the most expensive hotel will be 60,000 points per night, rather than 70,000 points. Would the 60,000 point differential be refunded if I want to maintain my hotel reservation?
Old Apr 21, 2018, 6:06 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
While anything is possible, given most of the TP value is in the miles transfer which occurs when the award is ordered, I'd guess no, you won't get the difference back. But right now there are a lot of unknowns with the new program and everyone can make their own guesses and have the same chance of being right as mine is.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by joeags
If you redeem by Friday night, they will show up on Monday night. After Friday night you are waiting for the following Monday night
Thanks a lot. I redeemed last Saturday, so I suppose I'll be waiting for the upcoming Monday night.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:54 pm

How long does it take for transferring United miles? I order 1 TP on 4/12, nothing shows up yet.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by tonywush
How long does it take for transferring United miles? I order 1 TP on 4/12, nothing shows up yet.
We ordered a TP last week and it took three days to get our United miles. You might want to give them a call and check on that.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 6:46 pm

United post pretty quick.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Anyone with Alaska airlines transfer time experience? It's been a week so far....
Old Apr 22, 2018, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
Anyone with Alaska airlines transfer time experience? It's been a week so far....
I ordered the package with Alaska on Friday afternoon (European time and UK contact) and I received the 120000 miles on Monday.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by freebee
Say I purchase a Marriott hotel and air package for 540,000 points ( RC Tier 4-5 hotel plus 120,000 Rapid Rewards points) and, as of August 1, the package price decreases because the most expensive hotel will be 60,000 points per night, rather than 70,000 points. Would the 60,000 point differential be refunded if I want to maintain my hotel reservation?
Whenever there was a transfer bonus that I wanted to take advantage of, I started with the lowest hotel category and upgraded as needed. I have also downgraded hotel packages without issue. Marriott simply adds or subtracts points from one's account based on the difference in points required. Going from a 7-night category 9 to an 8 would return 30K in points to your account Each time I did this, it extended the expiration of the hotel portion of the award. The one obvious thing you can't change is the airline portion of the package.

It shouldn't be a problem to cancel and rebook the reservation at the new level. I have booked 7-night award stays and attached certificates later but I haven't done the reverse.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by rny321
Each time I did this, it extended the expiration of the hotel portion of the award.
How long it extended? Another year?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:21 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by khlay
How long it extended? Another year?
Yes. Marriott has also extended the hotel portion of my travel packages for a year a few times without making changes. I don't know what the policy will be going forward but I never had a problem making changes to a travel package or getting an extension.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
AA have 25% bonus conversion promo until May 31st. Anyone got that top of the normal package miles when purchased travel package? In t&c were not written that travel packages are excluded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.