Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
LINK TO CHART

Legacy to New Travel Package Conversion (effective August 2019)
A Marriott supervisor can currently convert your legacy travel package into the new category mapping. If you hold a Category 6, 8, or Tier 1-3 legacy certificate, it's ideal to downgrade your certificate before converting so that points don't potentially get lost in the process.

The codes for the new partial packages are:
New Cat 1-4: QP83
New Cat 5: QP91
New Cat 6: QP99
New Cat 7:

Originally Posted by Marriott Rewards Insider
Members who purchased a Category 6, Category 8 or Tier 1-3 certificate prior to 8/18 are able to request a one-time exchange for a Travel Package one category lower. This process will cancel your current Travel Package, reissue a Travel Package one category lower and result in a refund of 30,000 points to your account. To submit a request, follow these steps:
  • Select “Packages - Deals” from the “Topic” drop down menu
  • Submit your request
As a reminder, status.marriott.com will periodically have additional updates.
Source: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...es-update.html

The legacy certificates map to the new certificates as such:
Cat 1-5 => Cat 1-4
Cat 6 => Cat 1-4
Cat 7 => Cat 5
Cat 8 => Cat 5
Cat 9 => Cat 6
Tier 1-3 => Cat 6
Tier 4-5 => Cat 7
==================================================

If you are unsure where you will use your 7 night stay, when you request the package, just ask for a category 1-5 hotel. That way you are out of the least number of points. If later, you decide to book for a higher level category, then you can do so and pay the difference the travel package points. If you can't use your certificate within the year, then as close to the one year anniversary (without going over!) call to extend the certificate for one more year. That's as long as they will typically allow, one extension. There is an option to expedite the mileage delivery to within three business days (sometimes faster) for $15. There are reports that this fee may be waived for platinum members.

Effective April 1 2017 re: Southwest & the companion pass:

"Purchased points, points converted from hotel and car loyalty programs, and e-Rewards, e-Miles, Valued Opinions and Diners Club, points earned from Rapid Rewards program enrollment, tier bonuses, flight bonuses, and partner bonuses (excluding points bonuses earned on the Rapid Rewards Credit Cards from Chase) do not count toward Companion Pass."
Can I book SPG properties with my Marriott Travel Package? As of 9/1/2018 apparently not. see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30155836-post6529.html
Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Pleb
Are hotel bookings made with the 7-day certificate cancellable? Does this just result in return of the certificate?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:38 am
alc

Originally Posted by xerosum
Are hotel bookings made with the 7-day certificate cancellable? Does this just result in return of the certificate?
Yes, these 7-nights cert booking can be cancel within its cancellation policy, just like any other rewards booking or 1-night MegaBonus/Credit-Card cert. It will return to the unused certs list.
xerosum likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by xerosum
Sometimes when you cancel online it will return the discounted points value rather than the certificate but it warns you as you're cancelling and in that case you will need to call in to cancel.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 6:14 pm
alc

Originally Posted by Willbur
Sometimes when you cancel online it will return the discounted points value rather than the certificate but it warns you as you're cancelling and in that case you will need to call in to cancel.
xerosum - if this does happened and you missed the info Willbur mentioned, you can also call in afterwards to have your cert reissued. Had that happens to me before on a cert that was initially reissued once already.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
For the BA 35% offer, the promo page mentions something about quoting offer codes with Marriott:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/collecting-avios/hotels/convert-your-points?DM1_Channel=AFF&DM1_Campaign=UKI_GB_EN_PHG_ ALWAYSON&DM1_Site=PHG&utm_source=PHG&utm_medium=Af filiate&utm_campaign=UKI_GB_EN_PHG_ALWAYSON

Does anyone know if I need to worry about this or can I go ahead and get the travel package with avios and get the bonus 35% without worrying about quoting these codes?

Last edited by Enigma368; Mar 18, 2018 at 10:44 pm
Old Mar 18, 2018, 11:06 pm
alc

Originally Posted by Enigma368
For the BA 35% offer, the promo page mentions something about quoting offer codes with Marriott:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...N_PHG_ALWAYSON

Does anyone know if I need to worry about this or can I go ahead and get the travel package with avios and get the bonus 35% without worrying about quoting these codes?
I believed those are the reward codes for each of those conversion rates. Just like 830 is the 7-night CAT 1-5 travel package. But you do make me wonder if BA also exclude the travel as well. Anyone already got their bonus Avios using Travel Package this round?

​​​
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by alc
I believed those are the reward codes for each of those conversion rates. Just like 830 is the 7-night CAT 1-5 travel package. But you do make me wonder if BA also exclude the travel as well. Anyone already got their bonus Avios using Travel Package this round?

​​​
I think it is unlikely that they would disqualify the travel packages this time round without saying as much but I would also feel better hearing confirmation that it has worked for others.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Enigma368
I think it is unlikely that they would disqualify the travel packages this time round without saying as much but I would also feel better hearing confirmation that it has worked for others.
Here’s your confirmation. I ordered the travel package on Saturday and the 162,000 Avios just posted (120,000 x 1.35).
alc likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by michelin

Here’s your confirmation. I ordered the travel package on Saturday and the 162,000 Avios just posted (120,000 x 1.35).
Awesome. Thanks. I'm still sad that the Aeroplan 35% no longer works with these packages but avios is an OK consolation I guess!
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by flyer05
When redeeming a Travel Package, does the name and address both have to match the airline program? Or is it only name that's checked?
Anyone have any input on this?
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Anyone have any input on this?
I believe it's only the name. I am only asked for my MP number when I purchase travel packages.

My data point may be inaccurate too since my MR and MP accounts (United Airlines) are linked via the RewardsPlus program.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:53 am
alc

When redeeming a Travel Package, does the name and address both have to match the airline program? Or is it only name that's checked?
I think the official T&C is only meant to transfer to your own FF account. My comment to you is why risk it when you can just transfer those Marriott points over to the Marriott account with the matching FF account first and order the travel package. The 7-night cert is officially allow to be gifted (not transfer) to a 3rd Party.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:22 pm

Hello all,

Apologies as I’m sure this will have been asked before, but I can’t find it...

We will be traveling as 2 adults, a 4 year old and an 18 month old - is there a list or way to find out which hotels will allow 4 people in a standard room?

We are UK based but don’t have any real preference to destination, other than it being a relatively straightforward journey from Kent...

Thank you!
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:10 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
When you are searching for a hotel, the online search tool should allow you to put in "4" persons. It will then only show you hotels (and the rooms they have) that meet that criteria. Depending on where you are looking, the hotels may have an extra person charge and/or may require upgraded rooms. But you can look through the list to see what is available and at what points (plus any additional $$$ charges).
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by hhoope01
When you are searching for a hotel, the online search tool should allow you to put in "4" persons.
Specifically put in three adults and one child. You will need to specify the child's age. What is considered a child can vary by location, but four will definitely be a child everywhere and eighteen will likely be an adult. The site shows you the eligible ages after you enter the number of children.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.