Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions involving rollover nights [Many merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions involving rollover nights [Many merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2012, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bonuses and credit card inghts roll over. Take your nights at the end of 2011, subtract 75 then subtract rollover nights from 2010, and you have rollovers from 2011. Ours is exactly right.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
I finished 2011 with 94 credited nights, 34 of which had rolled over from the previous year. I had assumed that I would start 2012 with 19 rollover nights (94-75= 19) but I had no rollover nights. Customer support explained that nights do not roll over twice.

I guess my only comment is that if I had known that, I might have been more inclined to use points for stays later in the year or not steered out of the way to stay at a Marriott property once I passed the 75 nights to earn Platinum.

The Delta Skymiles program rolls everything over the threshold... in my opinion, that is how a rollover should work.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by RobertS975
I finished 2011 with 94 credited nights, 34 of which had rolled over from the previous year. I had assumed that I would start 2012 with 19 rollover nights (94-75= 19) but I had no rollover nights. Customer support explained that nights do not roll over twice.

I guess my only comment is that if I had known that, I might have been more inclined to use points for stays later in the year or not steered out of the way to stay at a Marriott property once I passed the 75 nights to earn Platinum.

The Delta Skymiles program rolls everything over the threshold... in my opinion, that is how a rollover should work.
I guess that's what happened to me. I ended 2011 with 87 nights and didn't roll over any.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA PS, MR Plt, A-Club Plt, HH G, Avis First
All my extra nights are showing up. Makes me happy!
Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP

We went through all this last year and they made it clear that rollover nights would not rollover a second time. It was easy to get confused, even the Marriott Concierge got it wrong, but they did make it good.

At least your extra nights went towards your LT status, so it's still good to book what you can. And the rollover nights count twice there too, but only twice.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 4:51 pm

That's fine, RogerD... probably my fault for not delving more closely in the "rules" to understand how this was going to work. But as I said, some of those 19 "extra" nights above the 75 might have been more easily spent at other non-Marriott properties, and only went to Marriott in the mistaken notion that those nights would roll over to this year. My bad, I made assumptions.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 5:11 pm

Plus the last quarter Megabonus promo was a good one.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 7:03 pm

That's fine, RogerD... probably my fault for not delving more closely in the "rules" to understand how this was going to work. But as I said, some of those 19 "extra" nights above the 75 might have been more easily spent at other non-Marriott properties, and only went to Marriott in the mistaken notion that those nights would roll over to this year. My bad, I made assumptions.
I screwed up by assuming too. I figured the roll over nights that I used to get to 75 nights were no longer roll over nights and the nights I accrued after that were new roll over nights.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 8:00 pm

Elite Rollover returns 2012

One more reason to keep staying, from the industry's most generous loyalty program.
You asked for it and we created it. It’s Elite Rollover, an industry-first that’s making its return this year – breaking ground to help you achieve and boost your Elite status.
It’s easy to make every night count:
Reserve and stay the minimum number of nights required to earn Elite status in 2012
All nights in excess of the Elite requirement are automatically applied to your 2013 status*
*Silver member nights in excess of 10, Gold member nights in excess of 50 and Platinum member nights in excess of 75 all carry forward to the next year.
So now, you can keep rolling and enjoy your benefits as much as you like.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/eliterollover.mi

FAQ:
http://www.marriott.com/marriott/eliterolloverFAQs.mi
Elite Rollover FAQs
The industry-first, Elite Rollover Nights promotion will be back in 2012 for another year!
Account Update Information – On Sunday, January 15, our systems began updating accounts with rollover nights that were earned in 2011. During the process, we experienced a systems glitch that caused eligible members to be double-credited with rollover nights. Within hours of catching the error, the extra nights were cancelled from your account. You will now see two entries for Rollover Nights, and one cancellation, which correctly reflects the rollover nights you earned in 2011. There are a small number of members who were incorrectly granted a higher Elite level because of the extra nights. These accounts have been identified, and will be adjusted to the earned Elite level by January 20. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. Should you wish to discuss your account, feel free to call 801-468-4000 or email [email protected] (Information as of 1/18/12).
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
"....breaking ground...."

What strange phrasing.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
May want to combine this with the Rollover confirmed for 2012/2013 thread from late last year.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star

I ended 2011 with >250 nights. Zero rolled over. If rollover nights could roll over multiple times, I would be able to stay plat for three years without ever setting foot in a Marriott. That's why you don't get double rollover.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
I ended 2011 with >250 nights. Zero rolled over. If rollover nights could roll over multiple times, I would be able to stay plat for three years without ever setting foot in a Marriott. That's why you don't get double rollover.
You should be Platinum for three years running if you earned 250 nights in 2011 IMO. If you never step into a Marriott property for those years, you have not cost Marriott a dime of amenities.

250 nights and no rollover... you seem pretty calm about that. In my case, had I known that the excess over 75 (19 nights) would not roll over, I might have done things differently... used points, looked at non-Marriott options etc. I went out of my way to continue to earn Marriott nights for naught.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 9:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AA Novice
I screwed up by assuming too. I figured the roll over nights that I used to get to 75 nights were no longer roll over nights and the nights I accrued after that were new roll over nights.
That would have been a reasonable assumption indeed!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
This is very different than the person who rolls over 25 nights and doesn't get to use them towards requalification before determining the next year rollover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.