Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions involving rollover nights [Many merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions involving rollover nights [Many merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:19 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by shoreline
so if you have event planner nights listed under reward events, do these nights + promotion nights count toward rollover nights?
Yes.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 9:51 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Hello all,

Platinum Premier status was not effected by the incorrect posting of double roll over nights, since they were determined prior to that system run. If you have been given Platinum Premier on your account, this will not change.

The Lifetime Platinum status will now be given to you the moment you achieve it. Unless you are Platinum Premier, in that case, you will not receive a Platinum Life time card until you do not achieve Platinum Premier, as there are different benefits given as a Platinum Premier card holder.

I will keep you updated on when the updates on the accounts are completed. As I mentioned in the OP, they should be done by the end of the week.

Kind regards,

Marie
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Hello all,

Platinum Premier status was not effected by the incorrect posting of double roll over nights, since they were determined prior to that system run. If you have been given Platinum Premier on your account, this will not change.
Sweet!

The Lifetime Platinum status will now be given to you the moment you achieve it. Unless you are Platinum Premier, in that case, you will not receive a Platinum Life time card until you do not achieve Platinum Premier, as there are different benefits given as a Platinum Premier card holder.
Can you get into the Platinum Premier benefits we can now expect from an official point of view? The level has really taken a beating around here lately and it would be nice to hear what tangible benefits it may have. And learn of any tips to actually use them?

Thanks Marie.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
^

Can you get into the Platinum Premier benefits we can now expect from an official point of view? The level has really taken a beating around here lately and it would be nice to hear what tangible benefits it may have. And learn of any tips to actually use them?

^^^^^

I am anxious to hear this too. Other than the 20% off restaurants (most hotels don't know how to do this) I have seen NO additional benefits.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:49 am
Suspended

Hello all,

I will keep you updated on when the updates on the accounts are completed. As I mentioned in the OP, they should be done by the end of the week.

Kind regards,

Marie
Is there any thought at Marriott to award PlatPrem lifetime with, say 2000 nights? Or gifting a LT gold or platinum to a family member at that level? Or anyother type of additional recognition?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by emanon256
Mine is showing 171 rollover nights, which sadly is correct.

It also says Platinum Premier for the first time, which I hope is also correct.

WoW! You really lived on the road last year emanon, or, rather in a Marriott.

I hope I never have to travel that much (75 + 171).
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre

90% of that was at the same hotel too. I feel like the staff were my family. I actually miss them.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by Allvest
Is there any thought at Marriott to award PlatPrem lifetime with, say 2000 nights? Or gifting a LT gold or platinum to a family member at that level? Or anyother type of additional recognition?
+1 I am about 18 months away from that.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref

was any of that credit card elite nights and the accompany eqn for 3K spend?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
was any of that credit card elite nights and the accompany eqn for 3K spend?
You know, I do have the Marriott Signature card, but I honestly don't know haw many nights it gives me, or if they count toward rollover. In a typically year, I spend ~200 actual night regardless. Last year I just stayed a lot more weekends than usual at work and closed out the year with 246 nights + my roll over from the year prior. My account actually showed 340+ nights at the end of last year due to the rollover from the year before.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Unless you are Platinum Premier, in that case, you will not receive a Platinum Life time card until you do not achieve Platinum Premier, as there are different benefits given as a Platinum Premier card holder.
Snicker.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: JetBlue Trueblue, United MileagePlus, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
I have only 18 rollover nights!

Is it possible the glitch put in lower than usual rollover nights? Anyone else have the same problem?

At the end of ast year I had a total of 130 odd nights (around 136), but today it tells me only 18 have rolled over. I guess I will wait until the end of the week to see what happens and then contact Marriott.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by amolanand18
Is it possible the glitch put in lower than usual rollover nights? Anyone else have the same problem?

At the end of ast year I had a total of 130 odd nights (around 136), but today it tells me only 18 have rolled over. I guess I will wait until the end of the week to see what happens and then contact Marriott.
Depends how many of last years total were rollovers from before. Those don't count toward this year at all
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: JetBlue Trueblue, United MileagePlus, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Allvest
Depends how many of last years total were rollovers from before. Those don't count toward this year at all
I did have around 25 from the previous year. That could be the reason. Do nights earned from bonuses or credit cards also not carry over the next year similar to already earned rollover nights?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Unhappy

Originally Posted by amolanand18
I did have around 25 from the previous year. That could be the reason. Do nights earned from bonuses or credit cards also not carry over the next year similar to already earned rollover nights?
That I don't know. Sorry. Wait til they update their glitches next week and it might be corrected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.