Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions involving rollover nights [Many merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions involving rollover nights [Many merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:06 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Update on Rollover Nights

Hello all,

On Sunday, January 15, our systems began updating accounts with rollover nights (any night credits above your Elite level requirement) that were earned in 2011. During the process, we experienced a systems glitch that caused eligible members to be double-credited with rollover nights. Within hours of catching the error, the extra nights were cancelled from your account. You will now see two entries for Rollover Nights, and one cancellation, which correctly reflects the rollover nights you earned in 2011. There are a small number of members who were incorrectly granted a higher Elite level because of the extra nights. These accounts have been identified, and will be adjusted to reflect the earned Elite level by the end of the week. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. Should you wish to discuss your account, feel free to call 801-468-4000 or email [email protected]

Kind regards,

Marie
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by msuroo
Yes, your nights calculated correctly. Bonus elite nights from the credit card occur on your anniversary date (10 or 15, depending on which card you have), and then an additional 1 for every 3k in spend.
Thanks for the reply!
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:10 pm
Used to be HSDebateCoach

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat, MR Plat Premier, Hertz Presidents Circle
If I lose PP can I keep it on my FT profile? ;-)

And that explains the 108 rollover dropping to 54 overnight. But the status stayed... Keeping the fingers crossed...
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond,
Thanks for the update Marie. A couple of questions.

So if my online Platinum Premier status hasn't changed yet, can I assume by now I've retained it for another year?

Additionally, the year before I achieved PP status, I had earned Lifetime Platinum. But the PP card never indicated lifetime. So if I ever get bumped down, will I retain lifetime PLT status?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:18 pm

can you please let us know when all accounts are considered updated so for those of us who have not been fixed can call?

that way we don't all inundate your office with unneccessary calls while they are still working on getting this issue resolved.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:43 pm

event planner nights?

so if you have event planner nights listed under reward events, do these nights + promotion nights count toward rollover nights?

Last edited by shoreline; Jan 17, 2012 at 5:48 pm
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Copilot23
Thanks for the update Marie. A couple of questions.

So if my online Platinum Premier status hasn't changed yet, can I assume by now I've retained it for another year?

Additionally, the year before I achieved PP status, I had earned Lifetime Platinum. But the PP card never indicated lifetime. So if I ever get bumped down, will I retain lifetime PLT status?
As stated, they expect changes to accounts to be completed by the end of the week. Since it is Tuesday, there are a few more days for them to get the work done.

As for your LT card... In discussions past, MR does not issue LT cards until your earned status drops below your LT status. So if you are Plat now, once you no longer earn (or are granted) Plat status then MR will send your LT card. I have not heard of anyone getting the LT status printed on their current cards.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:46 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RogerD408
.As for your LT card... In discussions past, MR does not issue LT cards until your earned status drops below your LT status. So if you are Plat now, once you no longer earn (or are granted) Plat status then MR will send your LT card. I have not heard of anyone getting the LT status printed on their current cards.
While I could easily be thinking about something else, I thought that Marriott changed that practice a couple of years ago and now will send you a LT card even if you are at or above your LT level.

I'll try to do a search in a bit and see if I can find any references to my thought. As I mentioned, I could be smoking something a bit too strong for me and misremembering.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond,
Originally Posted by RogerD408
As for your LT card... In discussions past, MR does not issue LT cards until your earned status drops below your LT status. So if you are Plat now, once you no longer earn (or are granted) Plat status then MR will send your LT card. I have not heard of anyone getting the LT status printed on their current cards.
I actually have a card that states "Platinum Elite Lifetime." I received it two years ago. Last year I was given PP status and a different card reflecting the changed status and online my status changed and my nights, including rollovers were being tracked. Though I've not really detected a difference between the two levels, I've just had the thought in the back of my mind, what if I don't achieve the PP status this year. Then what happens?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
I should have 40 rollover nights but it's shown I have 0 rollover night on my Account Activity page. Should I wait until next week before I call MR?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
Mine is showing 171 rollover nights, which sadly is correct.

It also says Platinum Premier for the first time, which I hope is also correct.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:43 am
Original Member

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by hhoope01
While I could easily be thinking about something else, I thought that Marriott changed that practice a couple of years ago and now will send you a LT card even if you are at or above your LT level.
In my case they have not sent me a LT card. I asked and was told what RogerD408 said.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 5:16 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JeffS
In my case they have not sent me a LT card. I asked and was told what RogerD408 said.
I went back to check, and I couldn't find anything either. I'll blame it on old age and forgetfulness.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 5:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Copilot23
I actually have a card that states "Platinum Elite Lifetime." I received it two years ago. Last year I was given PP status and a different card reflecting the changed status and online my status changed and my nights, including rollovers were being tracked. Though I've not really detected a difference between the two levels, I've just had the thought in the back of my mind, what if I don't achieve the PP status this year. Then what happens?
I have never once been asked for my card. And the printing on them rubs off so they are kind of useless anyway
Old Jan 18, 2012, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by JeffS
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I went back to check, and I couldn't find anything either. I'll blame it on old age and forgetfulness.
Thank you... Canceling commitment hearing. hehehe

... against family wishes when I try to explain travels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.