Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions involving rollover nights [Many merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions involving rollover nights [Many merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
correct

Originally Posted by RogerD408

How many rollover nights did you earn for 2011?

Rollover nights only roll one year, so only BIB, CC, and other bonus nights EARNED in 2011 will count for 2012 rollover nights.
Correct, its the 2011 new math. no 2011 rollover on 2010 rollover nights.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
and then I realized that I had been upgraded back to Premier again. Seems I remember that once they do that you lose the rollover. No biggie, I'm lifetime PLT any way.
Same here but I really like the PP service when I get in a bind.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 3:45 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
My nights went from 94 to 11 to 53 in the past 24 hours, rollover is back!
Old Jan 15, 2012, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Well I don't know how but...

I ended with total 110 nights (no PP I guess 110 nights is not top 3%).

Right now my status shows 56 bonus (rollover) and 4 this year for 60 total already. With CC and few stays already booked I am pretty much past requirement for Platinum for 2013.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; AA Plat
and then I realized that I had been upgraded back to Premier again. Seems I remember that once they do that you lose the rollover. No biggie, I'm lifetime PLT any way.
This is my first time as platinum premier. I had 40 rollover nights coming my way, are you saying I will not receive those? After reading on here that premier is just a label with no real benefits I will be uspset if I lose my rollovers.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by njcommodore
Mine reset within the last hour. Two credit card bonus nights from spending posted, my two rollover did not. I thought the 15 CC post at your anniversary date.
My mistake, I just looked at the CC benefits and the 15 bonus nights do post at your anniversary date. So I have to wait 6 months for the nights to post.

Interestingly enough my account went from 122 in 2011 to 0 in 2012 to 94 in 2012 all rollover. I had no 2010>2011 rollover nights. I think they are still working on the calculation
Old Jan 15, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by LivinAtTheRott
...are you saying I will not receive those?
Don't take my word for it as I simply do not remember the details clearly from last year. With that said I seem to remember that the those who were granted PP lost their rollover. Somebody can take the time to do the search if they are that interested.

Doesn't really impact me either way and I'm fairly sure when all of this settles I'll be back to just a plain old low life Plat and I don't need the rollover nights.

Edited to Add: In the for what is worth department, I now have 92 rollover nights and still a PP. I can assure those numbers are not correct and highly subject to change so I would not be getting any panties in a wad just yet.

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Jan 15, 2012 at 4:36 pm
Old Jan 15, 2012, 5:10 pm

Don't take my word for it as I simply do not remember the details clearly from last year. With that said I seem to remember that the those who were granted PP lost their rollover.
There was some confusion last year on the roll-over if you got PP, but part of the confusion, as I recall, was due to the question of whether nights rolled-over into 2010 counted for calculation of roll-overs for 2011.

After everything got sorted out, I seem to recall Marriott saying that Platinum and PP would roll over all "new" nights in excess of 75.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 5:19 pm

Programs: MR Plat Lifetime, SPG Plat, Hertz Pres., National Exec.
Prior to last year PP rollover was nights in excess of 100. After many complaints and a few requests to be dropped back to basic Platinum they changed the PP rollover to 75, same as Platinum.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 5:48 pm

Account shows platinum status, but no rollover nights posted yet. I think they are still updating the system, but at least our status did not disappear for those of us who will be travelling tomorrow or the next few days.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 6:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by 1wfudeac
So with the Marriott clock reset today and having stayed 1 night to date it says I need 49 nights to renew Gold. Can I assume I am Gold for all of 2012? or will my status drop to Silver March 1, 2012 and I would need "9 nights to renew" when my 2011 Gold expires?
my initial guess is a big fat NO you can not assume that

I just checked mine, I didn't even requalify for Gold (although I'm lifetime gold so that solves that problem) but my account shows two nights for Plat for 2012. Those were MR Visa CC spend nights too. I'm glad my Xmas shopping hit this year

the site still shows me as Plat but no way I'm plat this year
Old Jan 15, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
I too seem to have an error in my rollover nights, but...

...in exactly the opposite direction. I ended 2011 with 216 nights, 66 of which were rollover nights. As a PP I expected to start this year with 75 rollover nights. Instead, my account now shows 150 nights, all listed as rollover nights! Yes, 150 nights were also added to my lifetime total.

We're all so quick to complain when Marriott makes an error that harms us. Now I need to decide if I should notify them when they make an error in my favor. Of course this could be the ultimate Platinum benefit: roll over all nights beyond 0 ;-) I think I'll wait a few days to see if they fix this on their own.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 8:08 pm

My account now shows "3". I haven't stayed at any Marriott yet this year, so these are nights from my December spending on the credit card. I guess that answers the question that many of us had - "Do the nights from December spending count towards the year they were spent or the year they post."

Maggie
Old Jan 15, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by maggiew
My account now shows "3". I haven't stayed at any Marriott yet this year, so these are nights from my December spending on the credit card. I guess that answers the question that many of us had - "Do the nights from December spending count towards the year they were spent or the year they post."

Maggie
Old Jan 15, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by Uh Clem
I'm Marriott Platinum Elite. Yesterday my account showed 152 nights for 2011. Today it shows 7 nights for 2012. Did Marriott do away with the rollover program?
According to Marriott Rewards FB page they will post in May.....don't understand the wait.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.