FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions involving rollover nights [Many merged threads]
Old Jan 27, 2012, 9:41 pm
iflyjetz

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by RobertS975
I finished 2011 with 94 credited nights, 34 of which had rolled over from the previous year. I had assumed that I would start 2012 with 19 rollover nights (94-75= 19) but I had no rollover nights. Customer support explained that nights do not roll over twice.

I guess my only comment is that if I had known that, I might have been more inclined to use points for stays later in the year or not steered out of the way to stay at a Marriott property once I passed the 75 nights to earn Platinum.

The Delta Skymiles program rolls everything over the threshold... in my opinion, that is how a rollover should work.
I ended 2011 with >250 nights. Zero rolled over. If rollover nights could roll over multiple times, I would be able to stay plat for three years without ever setting foot in a Marriott. That's why you don't get double rollover.