Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
I had the crab and river prawn omelette in May this year.It depends on which of the 2 menus is being used for the time of a particular stay.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by drron
I had the crab and river prawn omelette in May this year.It depends on which of the 2 menus is being used for the time of a particular stay.
Actually I've been there when the menus cross-over, and there are times it is not offered on either of them.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:33 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Is the giant tuscan sausage still around? I haven't seen that in years.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So it sounds like unlimited free drinks are no longer an offer for those booking Grand Deluxe rates or with top elite status. Is it just one drink and one appetizer plate per person now? There seem to be conflicting posts within this thread.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So it sounds like unlimited free drinks are no longer an offer for those booking Grand Deluxe rates or with top elite status. Is it just one drink and one appetizer plate per person now? There seem to be conflicting posts within this thread.
I've been offered ( as recently as 3 weeks ago) unlimited drinks, unlimited canapes, and unlimited nuts,etc. at all times.
I never saw any mention of this being restricted.
LIH Prem and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
If you're talking about happy hour benefit, it remains unlimited free drinks and unlimited appetizers. I didn't see anything to the contrary upthread, but perhaps I missed it.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 12:09 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
There seem to be conflicting posts within this thread.
Which posts led you to believe there is contradictory info?
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by drron
Can confirm both the omelette and the brioche french toast are still on Menu No. 1, which I finally encountered this morning.

So it sounds like unlimited free drinks are no longer an offer for those booking Grand Deluxe rates or with top elite status.
Not correct.

With two stays in past week, I'll add that staff here are at top of their game right now. No cuts at all that I could see.
LIH Prem, EuropeanPete and Pitero like this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
Can confirm both the omelette and the brioche french toast are still on Menu No. 1, which I finally encountered this morning.

Not correct.

With two stays in past week, I'll add that staff here are at top of their game right now. No cuts at all that I could see.
I’m also here right now and had the Alaskan Salmon (again!) I reported in the general Bangkok thread that I don’t see any cutbacks here. I would note that the staff struggled a bit today as it seemed a bit busier.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 4:03 am

SNA available at this hotel include Grande Suite and Luxury Suite. For the life of me I can’t figure out what the difference is between the two - despite reading their website for both suite types. Anyone knows the (subtle?) difference between them?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
SNA available at this hotel include Grande Suite and Luxury Suite. For the life of me I can’t figure out what the difference is between the two - despite reading their website for both suite types. Anyone knows the (subtle?) difference between them?
Largely positioning and views I believe - Luxury Suites are at the end of the corridor and have a nicer view over Lake Ratchada, Grande Suites are on the same side but further along so don't quite have the same view. In terms of layout someone else is probably better qualified as I haven't stayed in a Grande Suite but I don't think the differences are too significant.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
The layout is quite different.

The grand suite has a corridor that separates the bedroom from the living room. It is kind of like two adjoining rooms cobbled together to make a suite. The adjoining door being very close to the entrance.

The luxury suite is more of a traditional layout with large double doors separating the living room from the bedroom making it feel like the two flow together much more naturally. You walk through the living room to get to the bedroom.

My strong preference is the luxury suite as I find myself making use of the living room much more naturally. In the grand suite you almost have to exit the room to get back into the living room which tends to limit my usage of it. I think the luxury suite is also a little larger.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 8:03 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Agree with what newshound wrote. The Grand Suite is basically two bedrooms with one made up to be a living room, and I don’t really like it that much. Handy if you’re on an extended stay in Bangkok and need living space, but otherwise I rarely go into the living room area.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
IIRC, the Grande Suite has two bathrooms with showers, while the Luxury Suite has one bathroom with shower and one toilet. I also prefer the Luxury one because of the aethetics.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 10:20 am

I agree the layout is quite different, but don't find the Grande Suite layout particularly bothersome. I'm more or less agnostic between the two. In some ways the Grande Suite works better if you like to work early in the morning without bothering your sleeping partner.
drron likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.