Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
I know I may have better choices if I dine in outside restaurants, but I want to taste new dishes also like to contribute a little bit to the Hotel which provides top notch service and elite benefits to me with such low cancellable corp rate like the free suit upgrade. I think this happy to spend more loyalty is more healthy and sustainable than UA’s captive forced spend more loyalty:-).
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Have been recommended this hotel by crazy amount of people, however not sure if it would be in my budget, we are 2 adults and 3 children aged 9, 4, and 3 can we realstically be allowed by the hotel in their grand room. The family room is priced crazy for us at more than $3000 for 4 nights whereas the grand room is more reasonable at $1400 for 4 nights. We can forgo the breakfast and eat outside on some days.Any data points on the same. Tx
Old Oct 28, 2019, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
Have been recommended this hotel by crazy amount of people, however not sure if it would be in my budget, we are 2 adults and 3 children aged 9, 4, and 3 can we realstically be allowed by the hotel in their grand room. The family room is priced crazy for us at more than $3000 for 4 nights whereas the grand room is more reasonable at $1400 for 4 nights. We can forgo the breakfast and eat outside on some days.Any data points on the same. Tx
The family room is a 2 bedroom suite.

$350 US per night for a Grand room would be over $10k THB. That's at least 80% higher than it should be (normally 5-6k). You may wish to consider other properties. You should be able to find a nice room in Bangkok in the 4k THB (or less) range.

I can't speak to whether the hotel would allow 5 in a guest room, but it sounds miserable to me.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
The family room is priced crazy for us at more than $3000 for 4 nights whereas the grand room is more reasonable at $1400 for 4 nights.
Are you sure about those rates? They both seem extraordinarily high to me. Family room is normally around USD $500/night; and the grand room is normally around $200/night. Even adding in the 17.7% tax and service, it still doesn't approach the prices you've listed here. What are your dates?
Kacee likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Are you sure about those rates? They both seem extraordinarily high to me. Family room is normally around USD $500/night; and the grand room is normally around $200/night. Even adding in the 17.7% tax and service, it still doesn't approach the prices you've listed here. What are your dates?
Check in 27th Dec for 4 nights
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Check in 27th Dec for 4 nights
Just checked at Marriott.com. For your dates, Grand Room is available for approximately USD $167/night; Family Suite is $517/night. Even adding in the 17.7% tax and service gives rates of $197 and $609, respectively. Bookable at Marriott.com.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:34 am

Thanks maybe the site I was looking at was more expensive. Can you please help out we are in total 4 adults and 5 kids aged 9, 9, 4, 4 and 3. What would be the best room solution for us. 4 grand rooms or 2 family rooms.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks maybe the site I was looking at was more expensive. Can you please help out we are in total 4 adults and 5 kids aged 9, 9, 4, 4 and 3. What would be the best room solution for us. 4 grand rooms or 2 family rooms.
Sounds like you are two families traveling together. Four Grand Rooms will be cheaper than two Family Suites. However, as Kacee pointed out upthread, the Family Suite is a full, two bedroom, 2½ bathroom suite. Here's the floor plan:

Only you and your friends can decide if the extra space is worth it. I have some friends coming in December, we're all staying at SGS, and they've booked a Family Suite (2 adults, 2 kids). I think that the Family Suites also include extras like breakfast, round-trip airport transportation in a hotel car, etc. You'll have to get the details.

Other than suites, nearly all of the rooms are the same size. The difference in room designations (Grand, Premier, Luxury) is based on what else comes with the room, e.g., breakfast, evening cocktails, butler service, etc.

Probably easiest to contact the SGS reservations manager by email at [email protected]. She is very responsive. (Wouldn't it be nice if Marriott still shared the hotel email addresses?)

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Oct 28, 2019 at 6:55 pm
Old Oct 28, 2019, 6:55 pm

Thanks
Sounds like you are two families traveling together. Four Grand Rooms will be cheaper than two Family Suites. However, as Kacee pointed out upthread, the Family Suite is a full, two bedroom, 2½ bathroom suite. Here's the floor plan:

Only you and your friends can decide if the extra space is worth it. I think that the Family Suites also include extras like breakfast, round-trip airport transportation in a hotel car, etc. You'll have to get the details.

Other than suites, nearly all of the rooms are the same size. The difference in room designations (Grand, Premier, Luxury) is based on what else comes with the room, e.g., breakfast, evening cocktails, butler service, etc.

Probably easiest to contact the SGS reservations manager by email at [email protected]. She is very responsive. (Wouldn't it be nice if Marriott still shared the hotel email addresses?)
Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
There are also generic email addresses in the wiki.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 2:56 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Just checked in for my first stay here. So far, great first impression. Booked day before arrival, applied SNAs with hours to the limit. They cleared, and the app showed me in a Luxury Suite (no suites were available for sale except the Presidential when I booked). Prior to check-in I checked the app, which showed (and still shows) a Family 2br suite. But was assigned a Luxury Suite. Not sure what I'd have done with a 2br suite (except told my friends to ditch their hotel and move in ��).

Great check-in service. Looking forward to trying Rossini breakfast and BarSu HH. Are the other bars worth checking out?

Is Rossini available to all Plat+ elites or is it an Tit/Amb thing only?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:05 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Pretty sure Rossini is good for all elites. Give it a try - one of my favourite breakfasts anywhere.

La Sala by the pool is one of the happiest places on Earth, and the Library when the jazz is on is a lovely escape from the noise of BKK.
Football Fan and Ripley62 like this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For SGS regulars, you will be sad to hear that Randy Cannon died last week. The Living Room won't be the same....
Always Flyin likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 6:04 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
RIP Randy It was always great to see his face when walking into the Living Room
Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
RIP Randy It was always great to see his face when walking into the Living Room
What a shame, Randy was one of the SGS highlights, always a welcome and always a laugh,

RIP !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.