Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2007, 4:07 pm

Thank you all for your help. I have decided on Chancery Court. It sounds like the nice hotel and is much more convenient (by tube) for both Kings Cross and LHR. I figure it is easier to walk/tube to the sites, with only a backpack compared to trudging around with a suitcase, so I choose more convenient for the times I'll be travelling with a suitcase.

I've been to London many times, but this is the first time in years that I have any time to be a tourist in London. I'll likely do the uber-tourist thing and take the Hop-on Hop-off bus tour (making getting to the sites very easy).

Thanks again.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 4:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Great choice...you will not regret it!
Old Jun 3, 2007, 12:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Originally Posted by frontenac551
Thank you all for your help. I have decided on Chancery Court. It sounds like the nice hotel and is much more convenient (by tube) for both Kings Cross and LHR. I figure it is easier to walk/tube to the sites, with only a backpack compared to trudging around with a suitcase, so I choose more convenient for the times I'll be travelling with a suitcase.

I've been to London many times, but this is the first time in years that I have any time to be a tourist in London. I'll likely do the uber-tourist thing and take the Hop-on Hop-off bus tour (making getting to the sites very easy).

Thanks again.
You really can't go wrong. Both choices are excellent. While CC isn't quite as convenient to some of the tourist sights, the central location along with the less than five minute walk to the tube means its still quite handy.

One area you can walk to....and its well worth it....is Covent Garden. Shops, restaurants, pubs etc. About a 15 minute walk in most cases.

And yes, you're right about the transportation connections. My daughter teaches at a school about two blocks from CC, and makes the short hop to King's Cross quite frequently (she used to live right by there). Plus the tube is also a straight shot to LHR.

Have a great trip!
Old Jun 7, 2007, 4:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Bumping this up because I wondered if anyone had stayed at Grosvenor House recently, and can report on the new renovated rooms. Also, what's the exec lounge like now & is booze still free? Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jun 7, 2007 at 4:28 pm
Old Jun 18, 2007, 7:43 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
I'll be in a position to judge soon enough.

Stayed at County Hall on a rewards stay last month. My room was amazing, but I was upgraded to one of the half dozen balcony studios facing Big Ben. Wow! The executive lounge is small, but just fine. I didn't use it much. For those concerned about using the tube, crossing the bridge to Westminster is closer and far less confusing than dealing with the maze that is Waterloo (the hotel entrance is at the far and of County Hall from the Waterloo tube station).

I'll be staying at the Renaissance Chancery Court in August, so I'll report back with a comparison then. Of course, it will not be a fair comparison, as I can't expect to get a similar upgrade. That view was something special!
Old Jun 19, 2007, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I'll chime in with my standard on the County Hall. A lot of people find the location to be a pain...not us.

We actually enjoyed the walk across the Thames, by Big Ben and Parliament to get to the Westminster tube stop. The view from the hotel and bar is amazing as well, and there is a tube stop on that side of the river along with a major train station. The location is not an issue if you don't mind a two to three block walk and being inundated with amazing sites.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
London discount codes

I searched the forum but only found posts from about a year ago and they didn't really help much.

Are there any good rate codes I can use to get a more favorable rate for Sunday, October 28th? I've been trying a few of my favorite (domestic) codes but they aren't showing up for these properties.

While it's only one night at the moment, I can stay two if that makes any difference.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 12:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
If you haven't already done so, try "LPR" and see if anything comes up. Keep trying. Central London is very popular, but sometimes there are UK-only or Europe-only promotions that are publicly available.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 12:34 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Do you have an Entertainment Book? If you do, the 'npr' rate lists an Entertainment rate of $145 GBP for Grosvenor Square which is a very good rate for that hotel. But it would require you to show your Entertainment Card (which you would receive with the book) at check-in.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 1:13 pm

Something else you might try is go to the "home page" for the individual hotels, and look for "specials at this hotel", then click.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 1:16 am

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Thanks for the tips guys. I also received some PM's which I'm waiting to hear back on as well.

By chance, do you know which hotel is closest to Wembley Stadium?
Old Jul 6, 2007, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
You may want to check the following thread on FW:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...word1=marriott
Old Jul 6, 2007, 7:08 am

Programs: UA IK: Marriott Platinum: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by cyberdad
If you haven't already done so, try "LPR" and see if anything comes up. Keep trying. Central London is very popular, but sometimes there are UK-only or Europe-only promotions that are publicly available.

Can you tell me what the LPR Rate is listed under? I was able to book a few rooms with it but the rate is listed as a MANAGEMENT APPROVED RATE which makes me think it might not be publicly available and I would be stamped with a rack room rate upon check in. Do you know if this is available to the public?
Old Jul 6, 2007, 7:20 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I do believe that LPR stands for Local Promotion Rate. As such, not only might it have different requirements at different hotels, but each hotel may also have various versions of the LPR rate.

A call to the hotel can usually help clear up any issues with a particular rate code. So you might give the hotel a call to find out.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 8:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by photojojo
By chance, do you know which hotel is closest to Wembley Stadium?
Will you have a car? If so, the Marriott at Heathrow isn't too bad for getting there. If not, then one of the central London hotels will be easier to get there by train.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.