Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2024, 4:02 pm

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
https://www.inhabithotels.com/

seem to be wellness focussed
Old Mar 21, 2024, 6:51 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Looks like a new Marriott option has popped up - Inhabit Queen's Gardens, a Member of Design Hotels™

Seems close to Paddington and at 250GBP a night, at least for a random weekend I was looking. Assume no one has experience with it as a Marriott, but any insights on it at all?
Originally Posted by KKD
Relatedly, There's also one newly added, Inhabit Southwick Street - has anyone experienced the hotel yet?
Originally Posted by Donsyb
https://www.inhabithotels.com/

seem to be wellness focussed
I read some tripadvisor reviews. The hotels/rooms are not up to the Marriott standard. Even though the price is reasonable (compared to other Marriott properties), I give them a hard pass. I will rather spend more points to stay at JW Marriott near Hyde Park.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I read some tripadvisor reviews. The hotels/rooms are not up to the Marriott standard. Even though the price is reasonable (compared to other Marriott properties), I give them a hard pass. I will rather spend more points to stay at JW Marriott near Hyde Park.
I was glancing at some reviews as well. Lots of good comments about staff, friendliness, and such. But agree, some comments seem to indicate at least some rooms are a problem. Wonder if any upgrading has been done with the re-flag?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
https://queensgardens.inhabithotels.com/rooms/

Smallest rooms are 8-12 m^2, so 80ish-110ish sf. Their standard room is 12-15 m^2, so 120-150 sf. So, uh, tight fit ahoy.

(I've been in some tiny rooms in London but it'd be hard for me to pay any kind of "US brand" premiums for that. I paid $100ish USD a night for my stay.)

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Wonder if any upgrading has been done with the re-flag?
Design Hotels = conversion brand, so good luck with expecting any brand standards.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Mar 21, 2024 at 5:18 pm
Old Mar 21, 2024, 8:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
SNIP
Design Hotels = conversion brand, so good luck with expecting any brand standards.
Without wanting to start a row, I wouldn't designate Design Hotels to be a conversion brand. That's what Delta Hotels is to Marriott: somewhere to park ropey old hotels whose owners aren't prepared to invest any more in the hardware so Marriott has a choice to reflag to the anonymous Delta or lose the hotel from the system because it's a brand liability.

Design Hotels are independently owned and managed hotels that decided to join the Design Hotels marketing and reservation platform *and* enabled their inventory on Marriott's reservation systems. They can be great boutique hotels and the lack of Bonvoy elite benefits (no breakfast etc.) reflects their arms-length relationship with Marriott corporate. In this respect Design Hotels is no different to other hotel marketing brands like Leading Hotels of the World or Small Luxury Hotels of the World although of course the individual hotels that make up the membership are quite different.

None of this impacts on whether Inhabit is a viable option in London for mainstream Bonvoy members. Its rates would have to be quite a bit lower than the Marriott Maida Vale for me to even consider it.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Every time I've checked Bankside, it's ridiculously priced. I think even £350 is ridiculous, but £500? Wow. That's just throwing money away.
I recently spent 9 days at Bankside to try the property and was in London for work. Overall it's a nice, staff is attentive and addresses concerns quickly but let's say I would have rather spent my money across the river in Mayfair area. There's nothing inherently wrong with this property but it's location just doesn't work (at least for me). Getting around using Ubers was easy, but at a cost and depending time of day; time. Walking to anything was 30 minutes plus. The Tube to LHR, you would need to give yourself 2 hours perhaps an hour if taking the Express via Paddington.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 8:59 am
KKD

Programs: Marriott
Hi FTers,
If Hotel Xenia and Marriott Kensington has a price differential of just 35 GBP (with Kensington being more expensive), which one will you go for, for a 5-night stay?
Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2024, 10:15 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I've not been to the Marriott Kensington, but all but the largest rooms at Hotel Xenia are far too small for a five day stay. You literally wouldn't be able to leave your suitcase open in most of the rooms.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 1:45 am
KKD

Programs: Marriott
Thanks for the advice, EuropeanPete!
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:22 am

Staying at both Inhabit hotels this week, just finished 2 nights at the South street and while staff nice and breakfast was decent. Super glad I found a comparable rate at the Queens garden location. Rooms are incomparably better. Staying alone and really need the promotion nights, hopefully no complications with that. Still cheaper then Kensington locations and the maida vale regents park locations
TGLoyalty likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 10:35 am

Hi FTers,
I haven't been to London in years, and even then, the last time was a short 3 day stay... This time, the same thing, 3 night stay.

I went and read a the last year worth of posts and my god, the prices are high... Call us a first timer, but looking to use my FNA (50k value+15k addition if needed) to stay for 3 nights, any recs here? (I am also comparing to Great Scottland Yard of Hyatt)

Note: Low status, Gold elite
Old Mar 31, 2024, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by DisturbedAle
Hi FTers,
I haven't been to London in years, and even then, the last time was a short 3 day stay... This time, the same thing, 3 night stay.

I went and read a the last year worth of posts and my god, the prices are high... Call us a first timer, but looking to use my FNA (50k value+15k addition if needed) to stay for 3 nights, any recs here? (I am also comparing to Great Scottland Yard of Hyatt)

The Residence Inn at Earls Court isn't bad and I think the FNA might work there. Free breakfast for all which makes it a bit of a zoo but the quality was surprisingly ok. I usually stay at the W, but if I need a 2 bed suite this does the job.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DisturbedAle
Hi FTers,

Try the Marriott Maida Vale. It’s normally priced a little lower due to it not being right in the middle of the action but not far. See the specific thread for it. Very good reviews.
TGLoyalty likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.