Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by JayeJ
Looking for club lounge recs for the wife's birthday... Oooh Kaaay.
As a woman, I see nothing wrong with that. I love the convenience of a nice Club Lounge. What is average for one person, might be considered a special treat for another.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 3:15 pm

Programs: AC 75K, MB Amb
Is anyone able to share which lounge is better between JW Marriott Grosvenor House and the Admiral's Club at the St.Pancras?
Old Jan 29, 2024, 4:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by mplflyer
As a woman, I see nothing wrong with that. I love the convenience of a nice Club Lounge. What is average for one person, might be considered a special treat for another.
My better half loves a good club lounge aka "wine room"
jtwiz likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 5:18 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
JW Club Lounge

Originally Posted by YYZTHF
Is anyone able to share which lounge is better between JW Marriott Grosvenor House and the Admiral's Club at the St.Pancras?
We usually stay at the Conrad, which has a great lounge. Any recent reviews of the JW lounge?
Old Feb 3, 2024, 5:29 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
IME the St Pancras lounge is appreciably better. Large, high ceilings, natural light, lots of old world character, decent food spreads for breakfast and evening snacks. Table service in the evenings. Not very busy due to only Titaniums and above getting free entry. Food was better pre-pandemic, but still OK.

The JW lounge is newer and very functional, but is one large windowless room on the ground floor with relatively low ceilings and not a lot of character. Food is about the same as St Pancras. Seems a lot busier thanks to Platinums having access. Kind of feels like a slightly higher-end cafeteria.

Too bad the St Pancras hotel rooms (even the Chambers rooms) are not that great. Supposedly the rooms are getting rennovated soon though.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 7:48 pm

Will the St Regis London ever open?
Old Feb 4, 2024, 6:34 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Why are you calling it the Admiral’s club? AA airport lounges are called Admiral Clubs, but the St. Pancras lounge has been called Chambers Club. Are you saying they changed the name? Doesn’t make sense.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dn10
Will the St Regis London ever open?
At least a year away I believe.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 12:52 pm

Programs: AC 75K, MB Amb
Originally Posted by HookEm
Why are you calling it the Admiral’s club? AA airport lounges are called Admiral Clubs, but the St. Pancras lounge has been called Chambers Club. Are you saying they changed the name? Doesn’t make sense.
Because my brain - thanks for the correction!
Old Feb 15, 2024, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Just looking at prices for the last week of February and it seems high. Are there major events happening in London?
Old Feb 15, 2024, 2:09 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by lsquare
Just looking at prices for the last week of February and it seems high. Are there major events happening in London?
Yes. I'm making a two-week trip back home arriving at LHR a few days before the end of the month. That would be it.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 2:23 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Yes. I'm making a two-week trip back home arriving at LHR a few days before the end of the month. That would be it.
His Highness ftrichard is arriving and has booked multiple rooms at all properties in order to pool the 10 USD welcome gift benefit to ensure his restaurant breakfast is free, no matter what. What a fine travel hack - may we learn from this example.
lsquare and ftrichard like this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 10:09 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Prices in London are usually high these days, that seems to be the norm.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Donsyb
Prices in London are usually high these days, that seems to be the norm.
Both cash and award seem higher than the last week of August 2023 when I was last in London. Plus, it's winter so I figured things would be down a bit. Guess I'm wrong.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 2:53 pm

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Both cash and award seem higher than the last week of August 2023 when I was last in London. Plus, it's winter so I figured things would be down a bit. Guess I'm wrong.
IME the last week of August is often quieter as it’s just before the schools go back.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.