Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2023, 3:16 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Maybe it's just me but I always think answers to questions like this should be framed against the room rate and hence give some indication of value.

For example, I invariably stay at the Marriott Maida Vale which in 2022-23 has cost me comfortably less than £200 a night (my next stay is ~£180 a night) which is a good trade off between rate and location which I find convenient enough for the Heathrow Express at Paddington and Soho on the tube. The days of ~£140 a night appear long gone.

For this I get mediocre food but three hours of perfectly drinkable wine and beer for me plus one leaving plenty of overhead to spend on proper food where I actually want to eat. Nice English breakfast too with proper sausages in the restaurant for elites. I consider it a good value lounge experience.
EuropeanPete and lsquare like this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
I like the JW more. It has a charm about it. Piano playing in the lobby. Bigger lobby area. Was lucky to stay in their suites which were lovely. My rate had breakfast then and having ir on the outdoor terrace was beautiful when the weather is nice. Lounge wasn't my thing and rarely visited them.

I've also stayed at the Sheraton, also in their suites which were huge. But it lacked the GH's charm. The GH it's our go to hotel now.

Location for both are good. Both a short walk to the Underground.

It really depends on what you're looking for.
Thanks for the info. (LIKE button not working again.)
Old Aug 15, 2023, 8:04 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Thanks for the info. (LIKE button not working again.)
I'm having the same issue from my computer with the Like button not working. Never have it with mobile device though.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Maybe it's just me but I always think answers to questions like this should be framed against the room rate and hence give some indication of value.

For example, I invariably stay at the Marriott Maida Vale which in 2022-23 has cost me comfortably less than £200 a night (my next stay is ~£180 a night) which is a good trade off between rate and location which I find convenient enough for the Heathrow Express at Paddington and Soho on the tube. The days of ~£140 a night appear long gone.

For this I get mediocre food but three hours of perfectly drinkable wine and beer for me plus one leaving plenty of overhead to spend on proper food where I actually want to eat. Nice English breakfast too with proper sausages in the restaurant for elites. I consider it a good value lounge experience.
That is a good call out. And I have several stays at Maida Vale as well. Agree on a nice trade off between location and value.
I have been staying out at Stratford lately, at Moxy. Much less expensive, and serves me well for quick/easy travel to Hotspur Stadium. But likely too far out for most central London leisure visits.
Will be there this weekend. Looking forward to trying the Elizabeth line going all the way from LHR to Stratford.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by friedablass
I'm having the same issue from my computer with the Like button not working. Never have it with mobile device though.

I’m on iPad right now. Still doesn’t work.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by friedablass
I mentioned this to IBJoel, but nothing seems to have changed. I have the same problem when using my computer. No issue with mobile.
dgreen12 and friedablass like this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 1:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond; Alaska MVP Gold
Hotel recommendation in London during Thanksgiving

Heading to London for 5 nights in November would love some insight on where to stay. I'm Titanium elite and will be using points.

I've been to London before and previously stayed at the Hoxton Holborn; I loved the location and onsite restaurant and bars. This will be my husband's first time and his can't-miss items are Borough Market, British Museum, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, Christmas markets, and good food and cocktails. Outside of that, we'll plan to explore different neighborhoods. We'll mostly walk and take public transit, but open to city bikes and taxis.

We'd like a place with the option of an elite breakfast and somewhere with easy access to restaurants, shops, and cocktails. We'd also like to stay where we can get to those "can't miss" activities relatively easy. We don't love staying in the thick of tourist areas because they can feel overwhelming and noisy and the restaurants aren't always great, but we're also not looking to be off the beaten path in a place that is too quiet or remote

For what we'll be wanting, any recommendations on best hotels to consider from my list or hotels I may have overlooked?

Bankside, Autograph / 223K points
St. Ermin's, Autograph / 320K
Dixon Tower Bridge, Autograph / 263K
Westin London City / 316K
Montcalm East, Autograph / 254K

[I also have a FNA worth 85K that I could apply to this trip but wondering if I should save it to fully maximize its value in the future.]

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by MFtraveler; Aug 19, 2023 at 7:37 pm
Old Aug 19, 2023, 2:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold | Marriott Bonvoy LTP
Originally Posted by MFtraveler
Heading to London for 5 nights over the Thanksgiving break (11/22-27) and would love some insight on where to stay. I am Titanium elite and will be using points to pay for my stay. Narrowed it down to the following hotels and hoping to get guidance on whether or not one of these is above the rest or if there is a Bonvoy property not on my list that I should consider.

I've been to London before and usually stayed at the Hoxton Holborn; I loved the location and onsite and nearby restaurant and bars. This will be my husband's first time and his can't-miss items are Borough Market, British Museum, Tower of London, St.Paul's, Buckingham Palace, Christmas markets, and really great food and cocktails. Outside of that, we'll plan to just explore different areas and neighborhoods. Primary mode of transportation will be walking and public transit, though we are definitely open to city bikes and taxis.

We'd like a place that has a king bed and the option of an elite breakfast offering for days we want to get up and go. We would love to be somewhere with easy access to great restaurants, shops, and cocktails and where we can get to those "can't miss" activities relatively easy. We don't love staying in the thick of the tourist areas because we find they can feel overwhelming and noisy and the restaurants are not great but also not looking for a neighborhood that is too quiet and tucked away.

I also have a FNA worth 85K that I could apply to this trip but wondering if I should save it to fully maximize its value (we may visit the W Punta Mita early next year, for example)

For what we'll be doing/wanting, any recommendations on best hotels to consider from my list? Or hotels I have overlooked?

Bankside, Autograph / 223K points (for total stay)
Dixon, Autograph / 263K

Thanks in advance!
Bankside gets my vote. Love to walk everywhere from there - and close enough to the Borough Market to walk back after being stuffed. And don’t forget the Tate Modern if you have time. Take a look at the Bankside master thread.
Westin is nice too.
Montcalm area is getting trendy. Used to be a citizen M. Nice cafes around the hotel , including an incredible chai place.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 4:37 pm

Heading to London for 5 nights in November would love some insight on where to stay. I'm Titanium elite and will be using points.

I've been to London before and previously stayed at the Hoxton Holborn; I loved the location and onsite restaurant and bars. This will be my husband's first time and his can't-miss items are Borough Market, British Museum, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, Christmas markets, and good food and cocktails. Outside of that, we'll plan to explore different neighborhoods. We'll mostly walk and take public transit, but open to city bikes and taxis.

We'd like a place with the option of an elite breakfast and somewhere with easy access to restaurants, shops, and cocktails. We'd also like to stay where we can get to those "can't miss" activities relatively easy. We don't love staying in the thick of tourist areas because they can feel overwhelming and noisy and the restaurants aren't always great, but we're also not looking to be off the beaten path in a place that is too quiet or remote

For what we'll be wanting, any recommendations on best hotels to consider from my list or hotels I may have overlooked?

[I also have a FNA worth 85K that I could apply to this trip but wondering if I should save it to fully maximize its value in the future.]

Thanks in advance!
Two weeks ago I was at Westin London City and Montcalm East. I would recommend Westin. Excellent elite recognition, spa, food, location (I walked everywhere), ... Montcalm East was also OK, but the points difference is completely justified in terms of service level and location.
Bankside is near Westin, so location is similar if you are on budget. Few years ago I was at St Ermin's - if you want to have old school hotel experience - this is the right place.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 4:42 pm

Thanks in advance!
If you choose Westin area for the good food I can recommend Fenchurch restaurant in Skygarden and for cocktails The Gong bar. The nice extra in both cases is the view (especcialy at The Gong).
Old Aug 25, 2023, 10:37 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond; Alaska MVP Gold
Thank you for the recommendations — will now definitely book the Westin or Bankside. Looking forward to it!
Old Aug 25, 2023, 11:15 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Plat

Thanks in advance!
Really enjoyed my 5 nights at Bankside. Good location (for me at least), breakfast 8/10, nice hard product. Service could have been a little better in some areas, but satisfactory. Usually well priced to other options. Not stayed at any of your other options, but I wouldn't hesitate to return to Bankside.
andrewstahl likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 10:52 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Stayed 6 nights at 47 Park Street. Wonderful property as always. Sad that you don't earn points. But solid property. Will return again.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 5:25 pm

Programs: United 1K | Marriott Titanium, LT Platinum

Thanks in advance!
are these normal rates/points for this time of the year? I am in a similar situation. Going to London with family for the first time (I have been there but first time for the family). Looking at various hotel options and none of them have any rooms available which can fit family 4 using points! How do you workaround that problem when using points?
Old Oct 3, 2023, 5:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, United Premier Silver, National Executive Elite

Thanks in advance!
I’m sure I’m late on this but we’re also going to London around US thanksgiving and are staying at the JW Marriott Grosvenor House (368,000 points). We stayed there two summers ago and really liked the location. Not too far from the action but not in it either, near Hyde Park on Park Lane.

It’s also across the street from the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland which looks fun (I have a 5 year old): https://hydeparkwinterwonderland.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.