Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 4:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Kids will be 9 and 7. When I tried to put 2 kids, no standard redemptions came up. Dropping it to one showed some limited options. This is for March 2023.
Using your parameters + 2 adults, and taking a random March 8th date, I see there is
1. "Deluxe Room, Guest room, 2 Double, Family Room, Balcony" at London Marriott Hotel Regents Park for 49k points
2. "Deluxe Double Room, Deluxe Guest room, 2 Double, Family Room" at 60 USD + 38k points
3. "Family Deluxe Room, Guest room, 2 Double" at 49k points
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Will you be using SNA? If yes, then book a standard room and if the SNA went through the the larger room, you will be able to have them with you. It's just a little risky if the SNA don't get through then you have to discuss it with the front desk.
Unfortunately no SNA with this account. It's on the spouse, and to my knowledge I can't use my SNA for her.

Originally Posted by BR787
Using your parameters + 2 adults, and taking a random March 8th date, I see there is
1. "Deluxe Room, Guest room, 2 Double, Family Room, Balcony" at London Marriott Hotel Regents Park for 49k points
2. "Deluxe Double Room, Deluxe Guest room, 2 Double, Family Room" at 60 USD + 38k points
3. "Family Deluxe Room, Guest room, 2 Double" at 49k points
The free night certificates are not eligible for non-standard rooms, and from what I can see, all the rooms that are standard have max of 2 people only.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 12:08 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Can FTers who stayed with little ones please clarify whether any of the properties (under 60K/night) allow 2 small children in the room? Available properties dry up the minute I add a child to the search. I'm hoping there's options beyond the Residence Inn. For what it's worth, I'm trying to redeem those 50K certs.

TIA.
Look for hotels with two beds (usually double doubles in London) in regular rooms. They may only allow booking with 2 or 3 guests. Then contact the hotel about bringing kids. I had no trouble doing this over the years when our son was young. Avoided extra person fees in all cases too. Once you can a list of potential hotels, ask folks if they have GM contact email addresses for them (I found that was the best way to get it done).
luv2ctheworld likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Had an unpleasant non-stay experience with the Marriott Grosvenor Square which has now been resolved.

I had a reservation for a stay at the end of June for 5 nights to check out on the 3rd of July which resulted in cancellation prior to the cancellation deadline due to opting to stay at the Park Tower.

On the 12th of July I received a folio of a stay from the date of my cancelled check in date to the 12th of July with the same corporate rate that I reserved. I didn't pay much attention to it as I thought it was by mistake. Until I noticed a charge of the same amount on my credit card.

I was enraged and lucky for me I had an email of one of the agents who sent an email earlier regarding the credit card on file of the cancelled reservation (then the reservation was not cancelled) and still had the cancellation email. So I sent them an email with what has happened and questioned how a stay was completed where I never stepped foot into the hotel. The assistant FDM replied and admitted that it was a mistake from their end but their explanation didn't add up.

She mentioned that the reservation was a no-show. However, if that's the case then the charge would be for one night only or for the 5 nights of the stay originally reserved. I still don't know how the reservation extended to the 12th of July (additional 7 nights). I believe a week or two later, the refund was processed.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Question: If $$$ was not an issue, what is your list of top 5 Marriott properties in London (factoring location, room quality, lounge, service)?
Old Aug 5, 2022, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Boraxo
(factoring location, room quality, lounge, service)
So by "location", are you really talking about "I want it close to cliche tourist spots" or what exactly? I think Shoreditch is a great location for a neighborhood to be in but it's pants for some stuff, and not to everyone's tastes.

Frankly I couldn't care less about a lounge in a city where I want to go out and be in a city with amazing dining options from all over, so if that's a big factor in your hotel selection my opinions won't be of use to you. If the hotel has notable dining options that's a bit of a different story.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Question: If $$$ was not an issue, what is your list of top 5 Marriott properties in London (factoring location, room quality, lounge, service)?
I'm going to assume location means being central in Central London.

London Marriott hotels are pretty middle of the road. Nothing is exceptional at the high end for a city hotel except maybe the Bulgari Hotel but they don't participate in Bonvoy nor have a lounge. You're better off looking outside of the Marriott portfolio at the top end.

London Edition I usually try to book this hotel. The next best hotel but it is almost always priced much higher than what expect from a hotel charging $700-800 per night; there's a certain level I expect from paying $800 per night. I find it especially worth it when booking with a corporate rate that slashes the price by a half even two-thirds when available. With cost not being an issue for you, this would likely be the hotel I would book in your situation. The only drawback is it does not have a lounge. However it is next to Soho, where there is the highest concentration of good restaurants, bars, and small eats so not having a lounge shouldn't be a problem.

St. Pancras Renaissance It is nice but you need to be Titanium or Ambassador, or book a Chambers Wing room to use the Chambers Club (the lounge). Their lounge is fantastic. The immediate location is a bit iffier but it's in St. Pancras station and next to Kings Cross station which is a massive transit hub which makes it convenient. I prefer the Chambers Wing rooms over Barlow Wing rooms; Chambers rooms are older (have more culture?) but much bigger than Barlow rooms.

Marriott County Hall Rooms are recently remodeled quite nicely. I suggest booking a Big Ben or Parliament facing room for the full experience, which is probably the strongest reason to stay here. The lounge is ok.

Sheraton Grand Park Lane This is my most frequented London hotel at almost a dozen times. Lounge, at least pre-covid, was a step down from the St. Pancras but nonetheless also fantastic. The best rooms are the Green Park facing rooms for the Park views, which are mostly suites. If the trees weren't so tall in Green Park you could see the Queen.

Wellesley Knightsbridge Down the road from the Sheraton, more luxurious and better service but no lounge.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

London Marriott hotels are pretty middle of the road. Nothing is exceptional at the high end for a city hotel except maybe the Bulgari Hotel but they don't participate in Bonvoy nor have a lounge.
Uh, Bulgari London does show up as a Marriott hotel:

You're better off looking outside of the Marriott portfolio at the top end.
Probably true. That said, I agree with your other suggestions and recommendations WRT Central London Marriott properties.

David
Old Aug 6, 2022, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by DELee
Uh, Bulgari London does show up as a Marriott hotel:
Yes, but it doesn't participate in Bonvoy, so no points nor status benefits.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:04 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb

London Marriott hotels are pretty middle of the road. Nothing is exceptional at the high end for a city hotel except maybe the Bulgari Hotel but they don't participate in Bonvoy nor have a lounge. You're better off looking outside of the Marriott portfolio at the top end.

London Edition I usually try to book this hotel. The next best hotel but it is almost always priced much higher than what expect from a hotel charging $700-800 per night; there's a certain level I expect from paying $800 per night. I find it especially worth it when booking with a corporate rate that slashes the price by a half even two-thirds when available. With cost not being an issue for you, this would likely be the hotel I would book in your situation. The only drawback is it does not have a lounge. However it is next to Soho, where there is the highest concentration of good restaurants, bars, and small eats so not having a lounge shouldn't be a problem.

St. Pancras Renaissance It is nice but you need to be Titanium or Ambassador, or book a Chambers Wing room to use the Chambers Club (the lounge). Their lounge is fantastic. The immediate location is a bit iffier but it's in St. Pancras station and next to Kings Cross station which is a massive transit hub which makes it convenient. I prefer the Chambers Wing rooms over Barlow Wing rooms; Chambers rooms are older (have more culture?) but much bigger than Barlow rooms.

Marriott County Hall Rooms are recently remodeled quite nicely. I suggest booking a Big Ben or Parliament facing room for the full experience, which is probably the strongest reason to stay here. The lounge is ok.

Sheraton Grand Park Lane This is my most frequented London hotel at almost a dozen times. Lounge, at least pre-covid, was a step down from the St. Pancras but nonetheless also fantastic. The best rooms are the Green Park facing rooms for the Park views, which are mostly suites. If the trees weren't so tall in Green Park you could see the Queen.

Wellesley Knightsbridge Down the road from the Sheraton, more luxurious and better service but no lounge.
I agree that the London EDITION is the best Bonvoy option.

I wasn’t very impressed by the Renaissance, which I considered fairly average - albeit I stayed when the lounge wasn’t open yet.

SGPL was unexpectedly lovely to stay at, even when their lounge wasn’t open properly. The staff were lovely and the suite they upgraded me to was huge (it did face the park).
Boraxo, lsquare, MsAnnMcD and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
So there are no room night credits earned if one books stays through Marriott?

David
Old Aug 6, 2022, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by DELee
So there are no room night credits earned if one books stays through Marriott?

David
Nope
Old Aug 6, 2022, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
How is that possible if it's a Marriott hotel?
Old Aug 6, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Bvlgari do not earn points, allow redemptions or recognize the program--none of the Bvlgari do.

i'd imagine it really one benefits Bvlgari to open up access to the marriott and STARS customers more easily, and for marriott they can say Bvlgari are part of the marriott umbrella. insert eyeroll here.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 2:30 pm

This used to be the same for all Ritz Carlton Reserves until very recently. The Ritz Carlton Millenia in Singapore to this day does not participate in Bonvoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.