Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2023, 3:42 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by King1028
My wife and I will be in London for a long weekend this summer and looking at points hotels. We will list SNA upgrades for the three night stay. Important for us:
-strong location with walking distance to pub/dining and some attractions (less important)
-luxury feeling/ experience (I travel a lot and my wife does not)
-spa a plus (I have one day away for work and my wife will likely look to use the spa)
-club lounge access with solid breakfast and free alcohol

Current options and points for the three nights:
-JW Grosvenor: 234,000
-Sheraton Grand: 238,000
-London Edition - 310,500
-Park Tower Knightsbridge: 237,000

Thanks!
My strategy with London would be book the JW, Sheraton and Park Tower. And apply SNA's to each reservation and whatever is successful go for it. My top option would be the JW as their suites are amazing and the hotel is fantastic. My 2nd option would be the Sheraton Grand as compared to the Park Tower is much newer. The Park Tower would be the last option as it is very very dated but they do have a butler service with the suites where they will pack and unpack if needed.

I have stayed in all 3 hotels and the above would be my priority list. However, if the suite would be processed at the Park Tower, I would go there.

As the previous posted mentioned, the EDITION doesn't take SNA's so that would be not in the list for me.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 7:49 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Avoid London EDITION. The room is really not worth the price (point or cash)
And their service, you can get same level of service at Ibis hotel.

Just go to Berners Tavern for food.
Old May 3, 2023, 11:45 am

Programs: DL-PM
Looking for a recommendation on two separate stays in London for 2 adults and a 1 y/o. Have 200k in points, 85k cert, and Platinum.

Stay 1: Arrive LHR at 1PM on a Tues, Depart LGW 630AM on Wed. Looking for convenience from LHR. Will be taking a car to LGW. Was thinking Sheraton Grand or Park Tower, however open to suggestions if someone has done something similar.
Stay 2: Arrive at LHR at 6PM on a Saturday, Depart LGW at 2PM on a Sunday. Was thinking St Ermin's for proximity to Victoria station, is it close enough to matter or am I better off at Sheraton Grand or Park Tower?

The goal is to be able to use our limited time to see some sites/grab a good meal in a central area at least one of the stays.
Old May 3, 2023, 1:12 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by mills1090
Looking for a recommendation on two separate stays in London for 2 adults and a 1 y/o. Have 200k in points, 85k cert, and Platinum.

Stay 1: Arrive LHR at 1PM on a Tues, Depart LGW 630AM on Wed. Looking for convenience from LHR. Will be taking a car to LGW. Was thinking Sheraton Grand or Park Tower, however open to suggestions if someone has done something similar.
Stay 2: Arrive at LHR at 6PM on a Saturday, Depart LGW at 2PM on a Sunday. Was thinking St Ermin's for proximity to Victoria station, is it close enough to matter or am I better off at Sheraton Grand or Park Tower?

The goal is to be able to use our limited time to see some sites/grab a good meal in a central area at least one of the stays.
Sheraton Grand gets consistently better reviews across the board than Park Tower.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old May 16, 2023, 9:51 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Donsyb
The Marriott in Kensington is an ok choice. The lounge is quite good. Bit further to walk to the tube, but some nice cafes etc in the area and close to museums.

If looking to split across two you could do great northern and the Marriott. Some of the others may be nicer but I havent stayed so cant comment.
Ended up picking the Marriott in Kensington given the reasonable rate and reviews. We didn't want to changed hotels mid-trip so we stayed for the full 9 nights.

Short review posted at the hotel thread: London Marriott Hotel Kensington [Master Thread]

Overall decent stay.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA,UAL Gold,AS,DL,MRD PP
JW Marriott Grosvenor House Or Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square?

We are visiting London for the first this this September. We will be there 4 nights before catching a cruise out of Southampton. I looking for recommendations on which of these 2 hotels would be the best location for public transportation and maybe the Hop-On Hop-Off bus. I am redeeming Bonvoy points and the JW Marriott Grosvenor House is about 50% more points than Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square. Don't plan to spend much time in the room although hoping to be able to use my SNAs. Any information would be appreciated.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wvactions
We are visiting London for the first this this September. We will be there 4 nights before catching a cruise out of Southampton. I looking for recommendations on which of these 2 hotels would be the best location for public transportation and maybe the Hop-On Hop-Off bus. I am redeeming Bonvoy points and the JW Marriott Grosvenor House is about 50% more points than Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square. Don't plan to spend much time in the room although hoping to be able to use my SNAs. Any information would be appreciated.
They are close to each other - if anything the Grosvenor Square is closer to public transport (Bond Street, Marble Arch, Oxford Circus and Green Park all nearby - from which you can get to anywhere really, plus lots of buses).
As you say - when visiting a city like London, you shouldn't really be aiming to spend too much time in the hotel (although it is a nice calm oasis). I personally would save the points. Grosvenor House is lovely, but you've got so many places nearby, in my opinion you may as well save the points.

T
Old Jul 9, 2023, 2:05 pm

Programs: Mucci, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
There is a big difference in the two hotels. Grosvenor Square rooms are very small, some with limited window access. If you are not going to be in the room much, it may be worth it for the reduced points. Grosvenor House rooms are large, and the hotel is luxury. If you are able to get an upgrade to a suite, it is wonderful! The best suite that I stayed in there had a bedroom, living room, office and kitchen.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 2:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Marriott Grosvenor Square has half of their rooms which face an ugly inner courtyard, and their club lounge is in the basement with no windows and the food there sucks.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Jul 9, 2023 at 2:56 pm
Old Jul 9, 2023, 2:53 pm

Park Tower in Knightsbridge often confirms SNAs for panorama rooms on high floors , then downgrades you secretly to a smaller suite on a lower floor with no view in the 24 hours before check in hoping you won't notice. Unless you call them out on it, they keep the SNA you used as well.

There is no club lounge, and their regular breakfast sucks.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Jul 9, 2023 at 2:58 pm
Old Jul 9, 2023, 5:00 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Park Tower in Knightsbridge often confirms SNAs for panorama rooms on high floors , then downgrades you secretly to a smaller suite on a lower floor with no view in the 24 hours before check in hoping you won't notice. Unless you call them out on it, they keep the SNA you used as well.

There is no club lounge, and their regular breakfast sucks.
They did that to me as well last February. They agreed to keep the suite and return the SNA.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 2:24 am
Suspended

My predictable shout out for the W. Perfect location, great breakfast (no buffet, still order anything you want from the a la carte menu), very good with SNA, IME if there is a room in an SNA category, request will clear right on the 5 day point. I know there are some quirks to this property, but there is so much in easy walking distance. The tube is great but never underestimate the time it can take to get up and down to the line or to connect. I usually only take it to get to/from LHR.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I got SNAs. Which Marriott has good elite recognition, breakfast, and a lounge with a good evening food spread?
Old Jul 15, 2023, 5:19 am

Programs: Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Grosvenor Square Marriott Visit

We just returned from 6 nights at the London Marriott Grosvenor Square. We used points to upgrade to an executive room with king and sofa, like a junior suite. The room faced the inner courtyard which made it quiet, but I agree with others' comments that the astroturf makes it a little cheap. The room was perfectly sized for two to work on Zoom calls simultaneously. The lounge had a respectable breakfast - fresh fruit, eggs and beans - but nothing spectacular. The service by the front desk was OK except when they would not call a taxi for us. Not sure why. Location was very convenient to Underground Bond Street location and great walking. Lovely lobby flowers!
Old Jul 17, 2023, 11:59 am

JW Marriott Grosvenor House - club lounge

What a disappointment the club lounge is !

-Windowless ground floor area with no natural light.

-No one checking arriving or leaving lounge guests

-Children running around everywhere, and being loud.

-Crying babies

-Baby and toddler high chairs at tables.

-Children barely higher than the food counters serving themselves while dropping items on the floor and putting them back, dropping serving thongs on the floor and putting them back. Coughing and sneezing near food.

-Bland cheap evening food. Macaroni and cheese, chicken and potatoes, Carrot and cucumber sticks. All tasteless.

-No dessert options

-No spirits whatsoever, only beer and wine.

-Uncleared plates sitting on tables for ages.

-Seemed like a Kindergarten day care and cafeteria rather than an executive club lounge of an expensive 5 star hotel

-Couldn't wait to finish my food and leave

-And finally if you're platinum and up you MUST have breakfast in the lounge. Breakfast in the main restaurant costs extra unless included in your rate.

If this really the club lounge of the mighty 5 star Grosvenor House hotel on London's Park Lane ??!!
What a joke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.