FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2023, 8:18 am
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Maybe it's just me but I always think answers to questions like this should be framed against the room rate and hence give some indication of value.

For example, I invariably stay at the Marriott Maida Vale which in 2022-23 has cost me comfortably less than £200 a night (my next stay is ~£180 a night) which is a good trade off between rate and location which I find convenient enough for the Heathrow Express at Paddington and Soho on the tube. The days of ~£140 a night appear long gone.

For this I get mediocre food but three hours of perfectly drinkable wine and beer for me plus one leaving plenty of overhead to spend on proper food where I actually want to eat. Nice English breakfast too with proper sausages in the restaurant for elites. I consider it a good value lounge experience.
That is a good call out. And I have several stays at Maida Vale as well. Agree on a nice trade off between location and value.
I have been staying out at Stratford lately, at Moxy. Much less expensive, and serves me well for quick/easy travel to Hotspur Stadium. But likely too far out for most central London leisure visits.
Will be there this weekend. Looking forward to trying the Elizabeth line going all the way from LHR to Stratford.