FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2023, 1:11 pm
MFtraveler

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond; Alaska MVP Gold
Hotel recommendation in London during Thanksgiving

Heading to London for 5 nights in November would love some insight on where to stay. I'm Titanium elite and will be using points.

I've been to London before and previously stayed at the Hoxton Holborn; I loved the location and onsite restaurant and bars. This will be my husband's first time and his can't-miss items are Borough Market, British Museum, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, Christmas markets, and good food and cocktails. Outside of that, we'll plan to explore different neighborhoods. We'll mostly walk and take public transit, but open to city bikes and taxis.

We'd like a place with the option of an elite breakfast and somewhere with easy access to restaurants, shops, and cocktails. We'd also like to stay where we can get to those "can't miss" activities relatively easy. We don't love staying in the thick of tourist areas because they can feel overwhelming and noisy and the restaurants aren't always great, but we're also not looking to be off the beaten path in a place that is too quiet or remote

For what we'll be wanting, any recommendations on best hotels to consider from my list or hotels I may have overlooked?

Bankside, Autograph / 223K points
St. Ermin's, Autograph / 320K
Dixon Tower Bridge, Autograph / 263K
Westin London City / 316K
Montcalm East, Autograph / 254K

[I also have a FNA worth 85K that I could apply to this trip but wondering if I should save it to fully maximize its value in the future.]

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by MFtraveler; Aug 19, 2023 at 7:37 pm