Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2007, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by schutzdl
In 2005 my fiance and I (same age as you) had the same dilema and through our research went with the Ren Chancery Court. This property is excellent and is comparable in my opinion to a Ritz. Excellent location and the concierge lounge was awesome. The deserts and selection of food was spectacular. We received a nice upgrade with my Plat Premiere status. It's walking distance from many nice attractions. I highly suggest this property.
I agree 100%. Normally, the Ren CC is 20-50% of the Ritz, so one heck of a value.

Not that the OP was asking for it, but for archive purposes I've found the best value to be the Marriott Maida Vale. It is a 15 tube right anywhere, and can normally be had for mid-100's.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 7:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP (5.8MM Airpass) Delta Gold Medallion Marriott Platinum
email address for Renaissance CC

I searched but couldn't find an email address for the GM there. I would like to request an early arrival as I will be coming from DFW. Thanks.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 9:55 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
When I went to the Ren CC in Dec/Jan, I sent an pre-stay email to [email protected].

They were able to help me with a room upgrade and a nice gift for the wife on arrival. ^ So they should be able to help you with an early arrival.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 11:21 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
My fav is CC- Renn

I have stayed at CC- Renn, Park 47, & County Hall.

For being able to walk or take the tube CC is the easiest. If you are looking to see a recap of your travels take a Taxi to Victoria Station. I swear everything the Mrs. I & I walked around for 3 days we saw in 15 minutes! We had a spectacular time at CC.

WT

Last edited by Wingtipflyer1; Mar 29, 2007 at 11:22 am Reason: spellin'
Old Mar 29, 2007, 4:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP (5.8MM Airpass) Delta Gold Medallion Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hhoope01
When I went to the Ren CC in Dec/Jan, I sent an pre-stay email to [email protected].

They were able to help me with a room upgrade and a nice gift for the wife on arrival. ^ So they should be able to help you with an early arrival.
Thank you very much. I searched everywhere and couldn't find it. I look forward to seeing this property. It looks beautiful.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 7:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Originally Posted by AA53
I look forward to seeing this property. It looks beautiful.
You won't be disappointed. You might want to request an interior view...away from the noise of the street out in front. PM me if I might be able to help with any questions or suggestions.

And a reminder to those reading this thread considering a trip to London...."Best Hotel" depends on what you're looking to do, how much time you have, and what your budget is.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 8:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by cyberdad
And a reminder to those reading this thread considering a trip to London...."Best Hotel" depends on what you're looking to do, how much time you have, and what your budget is.
Bingo! Right on the money.

Cheers.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 7:30 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by cyberdad
And that's why folks differ as to which is "best." For me, having been at both properties, I prefer the County Hall to CC because the view from view rooms, and the location, outweigh all else.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 3:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Originally Posted by ohmark
And that's why folks differ as to which is "best." For me, having been at both properties, I prefer the County Hall to CC because the view from view rooms, and the location, outweigh all else.
Yes, a perfect example of what I mean.

This thread began with single young men "out on the town" looking for a suggestion. CC is perfect for them.

For a romantic, luxury getaway, I could definitely see Grosvenor House. On a budget? Try Maida Vale. For us, looking to catch up with our daughter (who lives in London) as well as relax and soak up the atmosphere of a lovely residential area..... we keep coming back to Grosvenor Square and its Mayfair location.

Different strokes....
Old Apr 11, 2007, 9:47 pm

Programs: CX Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Anyone tried the renovated rooms at the Grosvenor House London?

Dear All,

I am wondering whether anyone has tried the newly renovated rooms at the Grosvenor House London? Please post some comments if you have tried it as I am planning on a trip to London. Thanks!

lesteryen
Old Apr 12, 2007, 9:15 pm

I was just thinking about this today. Calling dayone! He was there in March, but up in the air on whether he was there just before or after the rooms opened up. Cheers.
Old May 1, 2007, 3:43 pm

Bumping this, as I'm curious to get a report on the new rooms. Anyone?

Cheers.
Old May 10, 2007, 11:15 am

Anyone been at Grosvenor House recently? Is the booze still free, or is there a charge? Cheers.
Old May 10, 2007, 11:18 am

She scores! Dancing in the office cheering loudly. Just reserved annual Presidents/Birthday weekend at Grosvenor House for '08 - with a regular, NOT stay anytime, award! Woo-hoo!

Cheers.
Old May 10, 2007, 4:33 pm

Step right up and book yer standard reward winter Euro trips right here, folks!

This is apparently THE week to do it. A couple of days ago I managed to book six nights at GS followed by two at Champs Elysses. All consecutive and all on standard rewards.

New Year's eve in London....Yee-hah!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.