Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2007, 10:23 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Appalling to learn they charge for booze in UK Marriotts. I was going to take the PP offer, points and booze on my next trip, now it will be whatever Priceline gives me.

All my stays are in Asia, and definitely charging for booze here would piss off a lot of customers.
Old May 16, 2007, 6:37 pm

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Okay, total stupid question, but I can't figure out London at all! And, I'm posting it in an old thread on London, just to prove that I searched!

I'm looking to book my first visit to London. Looking to do the "typical" tourist stuff - Big Ben, Windsor Castle, pub(s). Don't really care if it's a cat 6 or 7 (all the central hotels seem to be cat 6 or 7), all are showing standard rewards right now for when I'm going to be there.

Can someone give me a run down of what's in the area of the hotels (I like to walk), and how they are with regards to taking the tube to stuff.

Greg
Old May 16, 2007, 8:30 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
This thread should cover it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ghlight=london

County Hall for the view and touristy stuff along the river.

Chancery Court for proximity to the tube.

Both appear to be excellent choices.
Old May 16, 2007, 8:31 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Here are some threads to help you:

Mini-stay Report - Ren. CC in London (includes some info about County Hall as well)
Which Marriott to choose in London (Post #7 has a nice list of hotels and whats around them.)
London Marriott Country Hall If you want something close to Big Ben, etc, this may be your best option if looking for a good view.)
Here it is! GROSVENOR HOUSE TRIP REPORT: 2/17-2/21/06 (long) If you can get an updated room, this may possibly be one of the best rooms of any Marriott hotel.
Marriott Maida Vale - London A little outside of downtown, but close to the tube and a low cost alternative.

And speaking of tube access, pretty much all of London is easily accessible if you have access to a Tube Station. The Marriott Property in London (Tube/DLR) thread may help on with that info. So in reality, as long as the hotel is downtown, you are pretty close to everywhere. ^

Good luck with your searching.
Old May 17, 2007, 5:45 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Which Marriott to choose in London (Post #7 has a nice list of hotels and whats around them.)
Thanks to both hhoope01 and lexdevil for pointing out this thread. Post #7 is exactly what I was looking for!

Cheers all!
Greg
Old Jun 1, 2007, 9:09 am

Chancery Court vs. County Hall

I'm not sure if I am better off posting here or the London forum (sorry if I've chosen wrong).

I have to be in Cambridge for work in July and will have one night in London before flying home (I'll arrive from Cambridge at about 2:00pm and my flight leaves at 3:15pm the next day).

I'm currently debating between the Renaissance Chancery Court or the Marriott County Hall. Chancery Court is more convenient from Kings Cross (where the Cambridge train comes into) and the tube for the aiport; however, County Hall looks very well located for touring London. I love Thames walk. I may take in the London Eye and will likely try to see a West End show.

Room costs (both Executive level) are pretty much the same. I like to use the lounge for breakfast, snacks, and internet access. So, if one is much better than the other, that could make a difference.

Thanks for any suggestions - including a totaly different Marriott if there are others that are better than these two.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 9:33 am

I can't comment on Chancery Court, but my family loved County Hall. Location, price, features were all excellent.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 9:45 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Here are some very good threads that may help you with your decision:

London Marriott Country Hall
Mini-stay Report - Ren. CC in London
Here it is! GROSVENOR HOUSE TRIP REPORT: 2/17-2/21/06 (long)
Which Marriott to choose in London (Post #7 may be very helpful for a general overview of most of the London Marriotts)
Marriott Property in London (Tube/DLR)
London Hotels: Exec Lounges that charge for booze (There's some specific info on County Hall in this one if I remember correctly.)
Old Jun 1, 2007, 9:52 am

Thanks - the search function kept crashing on me.

Sorry, for asking already answered questions.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 10:05 am

Programs: BA Gold BD Silver Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond
County Hall is a nice Hotel, but no so great for accessing the tube etc, its a further walk than you think from the nearest station. Believe me I know LOL
Old Jun 1, 2007, 10:28 am

I liked the County Hall, but didn't love it. The hotel itself was fine enough but I didn't care at all for the location. I never stayed at the Chancery Court so can't compare the two.

Bobette
Old Jun 1, 2007, 11:47 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Chancery Court is probably the better hotel, but County Hall is handier to the tourist stuff.

As is always the case, the "which hotel" question sort of depends on what you're looking to do in London. If you're a first time visitor and sightseeing is what you want, CH would likely be the choice. CC, on the other hand, is in what I'd describe as a more "commercial/business" area, but still handy to most central London attractions.

Hope this helps. Feel free to pm me with specific questions.

....Jack
Old Jun 1, 2007, 12:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Agree totally with Cyberdad...Chancery Court is the better property but County Hall has location...I truly enjoy Chancery Court though and when in London for pleasure, I will travel the extra distance to the tourist spots,
Old Jun 1, 2007, 1:18 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
To me it's easy between the two. Chancery Court if you want the nicer physical property, classier service, and better furnishings. County Hall for its wonderful location (on the Thames walk, across the Thames from Parliament and Big Ben) and the spectacular views if you have a room facing the Thames/Parliament. There is nothing wrong with the rooms or service at County Hall, but they are not the equal of Chancery Court. That being said, for the purposes mentioned by the OP, I would choose County Hall. (And, by the way, the walk to the Tube from County Hall is approximately 6 minutes.)
Old Jun 2, 2007, 9:09 am

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
hhoope01,

Thanks for taking a minute or so to dig out the links for the OP and posting them here.

I know that there's a mindset which says do a search first. But even as a long time FTer, I've found that searches can sometimes fail to pin down what you're looking for. Your links are very useful.

Then again, in the future a search on the OPs subject will also contain your nested links -- kind of a metaphysical universe-in-a-universe thing :-: .

Barry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.