Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2001, 10:02 am

I've never been to County Hall, but agree completely with the comment about the Marble Arch Marriott. Great location, good hotel and service. And -- at least when I stayed there -- it seemed pretty easy to use Marriott points to get a room. Also, the Marble Arch Marriott is near Selfridge's Department Store. I do all my souvineer shopping there so I can get the Value Added Tax (VAT) refunded. (The best way to get the refund is to concentrate all your shopping at one store.)
Old Jun 9, 2001, 8:45 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hands down the County Hall. Awesome.

Old Jun 11, 2001, 2:18 pm
Tom M

We stayed at the Grosvenor Square last February and thought the hotel was wonderful and very convenient...County Hall is a bit of a walk to the tube station.

Old Jun 11, 2001, 2:34 pm

County Hall is close to two tube stations. Waterloo is about 4-5 blocks and Embankment is just on the other side of the Thames, which is equivalent to one block away.
Old Sep 10, 2001, 11:50 am

London

I'm considering using Marriott Rewards to book a stay in London, and when I enter "London" into the search tool it comes up with 3 choices:

London Marriott Hotel, Regents Park

London Marriott Hotel, Maida Vale

Renaissance London Chancery Court Hotel

Admittedly, I don't know the first thing about London geography and am looking for a place that is located such that LHR and tourist attractions are accessible by public transport (with minimal headaches )

If anyone has comments or suggestions on any of these hotels (or if I'm missing any) please let me know!

Thanks.
Old Sep 10, 2001, 12:39 pm

Use of search reveals 20 threads with "London" in the title.

You might start there.
Old Sep 10, 2001, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler; Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier
UngradeMe is right. London Marriott properties have been discussed many,any times. I think the consensus is that County Hall is the one to go for. It's located on the River Thames, across the bridge from Big Ben, Parliament, and Westminster Abbey. Buses stop at the corner and the tube station is just across the bridge. Also, this Marriott has one of the better concierge lounges in the Marriott system. Also, it's just a short taxi ride from Victoria Station (I've even walked it a couple of times).
Old Sep 10, 2001, 3:21 pm
DOC 2 BE

If you can't get into the County Hall, many on these boards have liked the Grovesnor. Although I haven't stayed at that hotel, I recently visited the new Ren Chancery Court while in London to see what it was like. It is a beautiful newly rennovated property in an old insurance company's HQ. Tons of money were poured into it and it shows! It has a quite nice Exec Lounge; however the health club won't open until 1/2002.

Old Sep 21, 2001, 1:51 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
I stayed at the Maida Vale Marriott (formerly West Hampstead) last March. It's a nice hotel, large rooms, amenities, health club next door, decent restaurant and ice makers on the floors. Best of all, it's CHEAP. I've seen rates under 100 pounds sterling there. The tube is a block or so up the street. It's on the Bakerloo line so it's convenient to Paddington, Heathrow Express and central London.
It's not a nice a neighborhood as the Regent's Park Marriott one mile east but I'd recommend it if you want a convenient Marriott property on a budget.
Old Sep 24, 2001, 11:47 am
Original Member

I stayed at the Regents Park Marriott. The hotel is fine, nothing fabulous, but it IS about a 5-minute walk to the Swiss Cottage station tube stop. You can be just about anywhere in a few minutes.
Old Sep 24, 2001, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
I stayed at the Grosvenor Marriott for a few months last year and I liked it a lot. I initially got a small-ish room, but upgraded with 1 call to the front desk. The breakfast buffet (free for Gold and above) is excellent. The Green Park and Oxford Street tube stops are very close and Bond Street is about a 10 min walk
Old Sep 28, 2001, 2:44 pm

I've been at the Regents Park a few times and it is great for those with a car, as parking is free!!!! They have a useful concierge level as well. However, this hotel is a little more removed from the action than any of the others.

Grosvenor Square is in a good location and is a prime property, however the rooms are a little small. One can walk to many points of interest from this hotel. Their afternoon tea is one of the best in the city!

We've also been at Marble Arch, and have not found it as comfortable. It is a little out of the beaten path as well, but not as far removed as Regents Park.
Old Oct 9, 2001, 1:11 pm

I think the advantage of the Marble Arch is its proximity to Paddington Station and the Heathrow express - is this not correct?

SimonC
Old Feb 6, 2002, 5:54 pm

A New London Question -- Really!

There are a number of threads discussing London Marriott properties in general, and the Chancery Court and Grosvenor Square properties in particular, but no existing thread compares these two properties.

Based on previous London trips, I'm partial to Grosvenor Square more for the neighborhood (shops, restaurants) than for the hotel itself. I've never even seen the Chancery Court, but the reviews are overwhelmingly positive.

I've got reward reservations at both hotels for my honeymoon. I'm a mere Silver.

Given the choice, where would you stay?

P.S. County Hall has no reward availability for my dates.
Old Feb 6, 2002, 6:17 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UpgradeMe:
P.S. County Hall has no reward availability for my dates. </font>
Don't have your answer, but did you try calling County Hall directly to inquire about reward space? sometimes works. just a suggestion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.