Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
My thought is that LTPP would get the upgrade over a LTP also. Thus, that is one more "benefit" that LTPP gets over LTP.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:03 pm

Programs: AS 75k, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, National Exec
Not a clue

Two calls today to Marriott Elite desk with questions on merge of programs. Both calls over 30 minutes each had agents perplexed about points required for merged lifetime Platinum Elite status. They were likewise perplexed about current requirements to keep Platinum status for SPG Platinums prior to merge in August.
from everything I can glean, SPG members are in for a very unpleasant experience. 500 nights to achieve Lifetime Platinum appears to have just jumped to 600 nights as of August.
NOT a good feeling for SPG Platinums...and far worse for Golds.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
If I understand this correctly, as a current lifetime platinum with Marriott, I will get Lifetime Platinum Premier in the new program. not bad.

So every yr I will get 10 suite night credits automatically?
amazing.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by padirescu
As a MR LT Plat I'm glad they decided to grandfather us into the PP level with the new program. I am curious if the LT PP status will include the suite night awards regardless of actual stays. It would also be great if Marriott came up with some sort of incentive / milestone program beyond LT PP. When the programs merge I'll end up at over 2,300 lifetime nights credit, over 8.5M lifetime points and Plat / PP for the past 15 years (mostly as part of MR program). As my parents are retiring soon and ready to travel the world I would appreciate the ability to gift them lifetime status based on my "overachievement" of both past and current lifetime requirements three times over. Hopefully Marriott is monitoring this thread and realizes there are likely many of us out there who achieved LT Plat years ago and remain loyal even if there aren't additional milestones to achieve.
Thats a GREAT question...will the LTPP include suite night rewards regardless of stays?? hmmm...
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: United GS 3 MM LT, Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, HH LT Diamond
Can someone please tell me how I can earn LTPP after 1/1/19 if I am not LTP now?

Originally Posted by alrvd83
If I understand this correctly, as a current lifetime platinum with Marriott, I will get Lifetime Platinum Premier in the new program. not bad.

amazing.
i know it will take 600 nights and 10 years Platinum in the new combined program. But what will take to become LTPP in the new program?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by JB123

i know it will take 600 nights and 10 years Platinum in the new combined program. But what will take to become LTPP in the new program?
Not possible. The LTPP level only exists for anyone grandfathered in. It is not a level that can be achieved in the new program.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by nova08
Not possible. The LTPP level only exists for anyone grandfathered in. It is not a level that can be achieved in the new program.
WOW...now that is pretty awesome to hear. It gives an incentive for others to race toward lifetime platinum this year.

Regarding the suite nights, how will that work as a lifetime platinum premier?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:45 pm

Looking at the new program, this looks like the one area that I'm not 100% happy with. I've been working my way towards LT Gold with Marriott and have never had Platinum status with Marriott or SPG ( to my old boss who made me stay at Hilton properties with him). I won't attain it before the end of the year so it looks like LT Platinum will be at least 10 years away for me and who know if they'll change something before then.

I guess it's fair given the bonus points and choice benefits. Is there any word if the rollover, award and credit card nights still count towards status?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by randomasian
I guess it's fair given the bonus points and choice benefits. Is there any word if the rollover, award and credit card nights still count towards status?
Rollover nights were already discontinued well before this announcement. (The ones you already earned still count.) Award and credit card nights still count towards status too.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by getagb
Rollover nights were already discontinued well before this announcement. (The ones you already earned still count.) Award and credit card nights still count towards status too.
I see the rollover nights from 2017 in my 2018 nights so I totally forgot about that. I relied on rollover nights one year and a status challenge one year to get my gold status so platinum may be a bit of a stretch some years. I assume the 15 nights from the new Amex SPG card doesn't stack with the 15 nights that I'm currently getting with my Chase Marriott card right? If they did stack and I was getting guaranteed 30 elite nights per year, this entire thing would be a non-issue.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:32 pm

WOW...now that is pretty awesome to hear. It gives an incentive for others to race toward lifetime platinum this year.

Regarding the suite nights, how will that work as a lifetime platinum premier?
You get zero. Similar thing as lifetime platinum on SPG currently, you must hit 50 nights to get 5, and 75 to get another 5.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:11 am

I was just planning a trip to Tokyo and realized my choice of hotel completely changed due the new qualifications for lifetime status.

Under the old system, I didn't mind spending more for a Marriott property because I still needed the points for my lifetime status. Additionally, each additional night helps even though points was the bigger constraint for me. Now, I basically just need 10 years of platinum status and I'm already fine for the first year. So I've decided to redirect 6 nights to someplace cheaper.

I've never wanted to pursue Hyatt lifetime status in the past but it's now a good place to put additional spending when Marriott/SPG offerings aren't as attractive due to location or price.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:39 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Ritz Carlton Rewards LTP

Hi,

Just wanted to confirm, as a LTP under the Ritz Carlton Rewards program, I understand that members in this program should also be grandfathered as LTPP in the new program. Hope I am correct in this understanding.

Cheers!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
amazing.
No one has answered this question yet, I’m sure it’s in the mind of a lot of Plats, does anyone know the answer ?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Just wanted to confirm, as a LTP under the Ritz Carlton Rewards program, I understand that members in this program should also be grandfathered as LTPP in the new program. Hope I am correct in this understanding.

Cheers!
from https://members.marriott.com/ritzcarltonrewards/

yes

and about SNA .... if they following the way SPG handle sna then lifetime members have to earn them by staying the required amount of nights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.