Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hnewman
I guess I made a mistake not moving to another chain as there is nothing for those of us with high stays and points. I am over 3000 night and near 9M points. Maybe those us will be grandfathered to some special level.
I'll admit that I had been hoping for something that might recognize my being 3xLTP, but as these changes don't leave me any worse off than I was before, I don't understand the desire to leave.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
How do you find your years as Plat?

Also, since new Plat is 50 nights should years as MR Gold not count towards LT Plat?

i.e. New Plat is old Gold
bgriff likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
How do you find your years as Plat?

Also, since new Plat is 50 nights should years as MR Gold not count towards LT Plat?

i.e. New Plat is old Gold
Very good question!
bgriff likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:36 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by JBord
Maybe I'm just too dense, but this is the part that's confusing me. Will they count past years by status or by number of nights stayed?

Here's the example. If I had 10 years as Gold (and nights of >50 each year), and the required nights for the new LT Plat, will I get LT Gold or LT Plat in August? The new LT Plat status counts years where you stayed more than 50 nights. So it's clear going forward how they count, but not clear to me retroactively at the August conversion.
Per Frequent Miler conversation with a Marriott VP, they will count up all your 50night MRR years + the SPG Plat years to determine your lifetime Plat years in the new program
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by rogo
It's pretty clear that merely holding lifetime status won't great the suite nights. They will be a perk from staying 50 and/or 75 nights.
Based on the chart showing benefits at various levels, as a LTPP (I am currently MR LTP) I would need to stay 75 nights in order to get the suite nights. However, my wife (she will be MR LTG by the end of June - only short a few nights - which should become the new LTP) would only need to stay 50 nights to get the same benefit. Seems a bit off-balance.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by soy
Per Frequent Miler conversation with a Marriott VP, they will count up all your 50night MRR years + the SPG Plat years to determine your lifetime Plat years in the new program
I hope that is correct - did you get that in writing?! He he
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:47 am

"And if you’ve previously achieved Lifetime Elite status in Rewards or SPG, you will have that Lifetime Elite status in the new program."

I read this to mean if I have LTG I will have LTG in the new program (NOT LTPE).

Is that correct?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by soy
This feels a bit odd, but makes sense given that the new LTP is a 50night status. I was thinking that they would count the total nights that you were "Platinum" in either program, but this makes more sense to me. Counting 75night years for a 50night status wouldn't make much sense.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by sdd80
"And if you’ve previously achieved Lifetime Elite status in Rewards or SPG, you will have that Lifetime Elite status in the new program."

I read this to mean if I have LTG I will have LTG in the new program (NOT LTPE).

Is that correct?
If you had SPG LTG, you will still get LTG. If you have MR LTG, you will get LTP.

Last edited by tods27; Apr 17, 2018 at 7:58 am
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by tods27
This feels a bit odd, but makes sense given that the new LTP is a 50night status. I was thinking that they would count the total nights that you were "Platinum" in either program, but this makes more sense to me. Counting 75night years for a 50night status wouldn't make much sense.
There is an asterik next to the year's requirement. Does anyone have the full document to see what the asterik means?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
There is an asterik next to the year's requirement. Does anyone have the full document to see what the asterik means?
The asterik is explained on the website:
*NOTE: Years of Elite tenure is based on achievement at that level, plus any years at a higher-tier level (e.g., Elite tenure at the new Lifetime Gold Elite status would count years at Rewards and SPG Gold and Platinum statuses, but not Silver status).
This seems to indicate that they would count both MR Gold and SPG Gold years towards LTG, but it could be done differently for conversion.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
this is from the website and my confusion

"In addition, when you combine Rewards and SPG accounts we will combine your lifetime activity across both toward Lifetime Elite status in the new combined program. Members will have until year-end 2018 to complete stays in order to achieve the Lifetime Elite status thresholds to be grandfathered in at the previous thresholds for Rewards or SPG."

if I read this I understand that they will be combining points and nights and if you meet the thresholds by the end of 2018 you will be grandfathered in.
rny321 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by ncgator
this is from the website and my confusion

"In addition, when you combine Rewards and SPG accounts we will combine your lifetime activity across both toward Lifetime Elite status in the new combined program. Members will have until year-end 2018 to complete stays in order to achieve the Lifetime Elite status thresholds to be grandfathered in at the previous thresholds for Rewards or SPG."

if I read this I understand that they will be combining points and nights and if you meet the thresholds by the end of 2018 you will be grandfathered in.
+1 on this question. I emailed both SPG and MR customer service to clarify as well. As a current SPG LTP, I wish to know exactly what I need to do between now and the end of 2018 to be grandfathered into LTPP in the combined program. My hope is that we have SPG LTP and >750 nights combined (matching MR requirements), that those SPG LT Platinums will be grandfathered as LTPP in the new program. Please let this be so.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Since this thread is about suite upgrades, I thought I would stay on topic and ask this. So, if you are a grandfathered LTPP do you still need 75 nights to qualify for a suite upgrade? Wording seems confusing.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by soy
I hope you are correct as I'd have about 8 years of MR Gold (current program) which is over 50 nights. I don't see it explained anywhere in the communication so I'm not banking on it until I see it happen. I'm a little over 500 nights too. So I'd not be far from LT Plat, which I'd be very happy with. Overall, I'm pleased with the changes, or lack of changes, and I'm glad 50 nights still means something both ongoing and for LT. If it didn't, I'd probably stay at Marriotts when convenient but otherwise pick hotels based on the property and price.

I'd also like to see my years at Gold on the web site. I suppose I could call, but it really doesn't matter until they clarify the conversion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.