Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:47 pm

Programs: United Lifetime Plat 2 million, Starwood Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold 75k
Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite - Grandfather

As far as I can tell, the only way to get this is already be a Marriott Platinum Lifetime member. Currently, I'm 50 nights away from Lifetime Marriott Platinum with 54 nights currently booked at SPG properties. Based on today's announcements, it seems I need to move all of my SPG stays to Marriott properties to get grandfathered in.

Do we have until August 1st or January 1st to lock up our lifetime status at Marriott?

Do SPG stays/points count for anything regarding grandfathering to Platinum Elite? I have 937 nights at SPG and 12 years.

Currently staying at a W hotel and considering cancelling and moving to Marriott's to lock this up if that is what needs to be done.

Advice? Thank you.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
So it does not look like there will be any LIfetime Point Requirement for Lifetime Status anymore? If I am LIfetime Gold now, but not sure how many years and I have been Platinum the last fewQuick Reply years, but not enough nights/points for LIfetime. Will I be given Lifetime Platinum Status or Gold Status in the new program?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Based on my reading, you have til 12/31 to make it happen, so I'd cancel and move them all over if I were you...your SPG nights won't help

(somebody feel free to correct me if I misinterpreted...)
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CJKatl
How does SPG treat this for current LTPs? Do they get the certs without the stays? Marriott may have been overdone it on making the point that you get your first five at P50 and the next at P75 that they overcomplicated the explanation which we may be interpreting incorrectly.
No certs for SPG LTPs...you have to get 50 nights in a given year to earn them

I too think going forward these will be annually earned certs...you're not going to get 5 / 10 per year every year just for being a LTP / LTPP
CJKatl likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:11 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by CJKatl
How does SPG treat this for current LTPs? Do they get the certs without the stays? Marriott may have been overdone it on making the point that you get your first five at P50 and the next at P75 that they overcomplicated the explanation which we may be interpreting incorrectly.
I am from SPG and part of the advisory committee that came up with the guarantee suite upgrade certs ideas (ie the Suite Night upgrade). You don't get the 10 suite upgrade certs (or Suite Upgrade Nights) without the stay. So Lifetime Plats who stay less than 50 nights just have a metal card. But those upgrade certs (Suite night awards) have to be earned through staying 50 nights.
CJKatl likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Based on my reading, you have til 12/31 to make it happen, so I'd cancel and move them all over if I were you...your SPG nights won't help

This is what I understand as well.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
As a Marriott LTP I am pleased with being grandfathered into the new Platinum Premier tier (which is funny because I'm currently a Platinum Premier anyway). I qualified based on nights and stays in a 5 year period. I'm glad I made it before the years requirement. From what I remember Marriott had a years requirement, then got rid of it. Now it's back.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
A quick question. If I first achieved Marriott Platinimum status in 2010, and I now have 650 nights and 1.18M points. Under the new program, will I get LT Gold in August and then LT Platinum at the end of 2019?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: Hilton, American, Club Carlson, United, Marriott, Starwood
I'm probably totally messed up with this. I have well over 1100 nights, but because I'm not a heavy credit card user I'm nowhere near the 2 million points it takes to get LT Platinum.

My only hope is I've had enough platinum years under the new rules, but I think I'm going to fall short on those, too.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: United Lifetime Plat 2 million, Starwood Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold 75k
Originally Posted by UA-NYC

Yeah, what a dumb move by Marriott, forcing me to cancel all my SPG stays at higher priced/nicer properties exchanging for depressing Courtyards. Also, just awful for those Marriott members who were on track to get LTP in the next few years. Talk about moving the goal post.

I'm still questioning the 12/31 date though because it seems all points will merge into one program in August. How could they possibly keep track of just Marriott and not SPG lifetime points after that? It seems convoluted.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
That's also my interpretation.

They clearly state that status for next year, among other things, can be earned in an individual program through 12/31, so tracking stays/points by program through the end of the calendar year is not a problem.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by holocker
So it does not look like there will be any LIfetime Point Requirement for Lifetime Status anymore? If I am LIfetime Gold now, but not sure how many years and I have been Platinum the last few years, but not enough nights/points for LIfetime. Will I be given Lifetime Platinum Status or Gold Status in the new program?
If you are currently MR LT Gold, you will be LT Platinum in the new program.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by naumank
A quick question. If I first achieved Marriott Platinimum status in 2010, and I now have 650 nights and 1.18M points. Under the new program, will I get LT Gold in August and then LT Platinum at the end of 2019?
With 650 nights and 1.18M points, I assume you have no MR Lifetime status, so will not be matched to any lifetime status in August. (If you earn 20K more points in MR by December, you will have met the LT Silver Criteria and should be matched to LT Silver in the new program).

Any LT status on top of this will depend on how many years you've been elite. With 650 nights I assume you haven't been PLT every year since 2010. If you have 7 years at Gold or higher (in the 2 programs combined) you will be LT Gold in the new program. The only way you'll be LT PLT is if you have 10 years at PLT status, combined.

It's not the count of years since you first earned Platinum, it's the count of the number of years in which you earned Platinum in that year.

Last edited by CPRich; Apr 16, 2018 at 7:18 pm
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by sfosyd
Yeah, what a dumb move by Marriott, forcing me to cancel all my SPG stays at higher priced/nicer properties exchanging for depressing Courtyards. Also, just awful for those Marriott members who were on track to get LTP in the next few years. Talk about moving the goal post.

I'm still questioning the 12/31 date though because it seems all points will merge into one program in August. How could they possibly keep track of just Marriott and not SPG lifetime points after that? It seems convoluted.
You can also do meetings for 10 EQN. Or get the credit card for 15 EQNs if you don't already have it.

LTPPE looks like a one-time thing for now, since they used the word 'grandfathered' for only this level.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
It turns out I'm 34 nights and 134k from LTP, surprisingly enough. (I still can't believe I'm LTG.) I can make the 34 nights happen (easily by 12/31, less easily by August), but I'm strategizing on the 134k points. If I charge everything to my MR Visa, that works out to about $6700 of paid stays (10 + 50% + 5), which seems doable. (I've got a $$$ conference hotel and some TPAC travel coming up, so I could probably do this by August.)

I've lost track, does converting SPG points to MR points count towards LT?

TBH the difference between LTP and LTPP in the new program seems pretty minor, but it's now or never...

Last edited by bennos; Apr 16, 2018 at 8:07 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.