Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 5:34 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Marriott PP/LT Plat, Golden Circle Diamond
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
You don't become LTP until you stop being P or PP.
My account updated to LTP and I got LTP card and had over 365 paid nights last year.

So they do update your MR account even if PP or P and you reach the LTP threshold.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 5:40 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by wethereyet
My account updated to LTP and I got LTP card and had over 365 paid nights last year.

So they do update your MR account even if PP or P and you reach the LTP threshold.
Based on what I've experienced and read on the sites...

It appears when it comes to cards being issued, the order of priority is PP>LTP>P. If you are P and get to the LTP threshold, you get an LTP card. If you are PP and reach LTP, you do not get an LTP card.

As for the site, you will continue to show P or PP when you log in if you are still an active P or PP. I reached LTP while P and the site continued to show P. I then got PP, and that's now what the site shows. I'm not sure if you fail to actively renew whether it just says P or LTP.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Also my experience.

Bruce
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I find most lifetime programs fail to specify who's lifetime applies, your's or their's. Of course, if a company closes you can't expect much from them and when you die it doesn't make much difference.

However, to the OP's post: Unfortunately, IME many support reps are given scripts to read in response to customer questions hoping to get you off the phone. If you don't ask one of the questions listed, they seem to pick a response that may not even be related to what you are asking. It also doesn't help when our communication skills have diminished to what I call "txt speak". TTYL, even expanded to full words does not make a sentence. I remember very lengthy sessions in school about verbs, nouns, and all sorts of items needed to make a conversation coherent.

And more on point, I believe before the MR Concierges pretty much abandoned FT, statements were made that your MR account must remain active to maintain your lifetime status. So merely surviving another year does not guarantee your MR status will continue to follow. And this begs the question if you should allow your MR account to lapse, do you have to start over to earn lifetime status?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by RogerD408

And more on point, I believe before the MR Concierges pretty much abandoned FT, statements were made that your MR account must remain active to maintain your lifetime status. So merely surviving another year does not guarantee your MR status will continue to follow. And this begs the question if you should allow your MR account to lapse, do you have to start over to earn lifetime status?
I don't remember that. Given Marriott doesn't take away points (unlike other hotel chains), I'd be surprised if one got dropped. However, a mere $12.50/year purchase of 1,000 points is enough to keep one active. To keep LT status, it would be worth it.

Cheers.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 4:49 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
LT status ends at the end of either the customers life, or the schemes life. In reality the risk of MR ending is linked to Marriot inc. which I don't see in any danger in the near future.

Of course lifetime is about long term future and whilst Marriott is one of the largest of its type, and at present is the predator on the market, this could change, and it's here, with the possibility of an unspecified takeover that could lead to the schemes end. It's a risk those granted the status have to bear, although as long as LT status is not a significant driver for stay behaviour, there shouldn't be much problem.

I'd guess LT is of no consideration to new members but as I sit here 450 nights and 1.5mill points in, but struggling to maintain Plat the likelihood of achieving LT Plat in the next few years is most welcome, and to some extent may start to figure in my stay decisions...
Old Apr 18, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Lifetime Platinum on my birthday

I just noticed that next week on my birthday I will be also staying at a Marriott property and that night will get me over the LTP threshold.

I think some sort of celebration is in order
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by iztok
I just noticed that next week on my birthday I will be also staying at a Marriott property and that night will get me over the LTP threshold.

Congratulations. If you are hoping for any FTers to join the celebration you will probably need to suggest a date and city.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:35 am

Yeah, short notice

It is next week 22nd in Houston, TX. I should have planned this better
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Happy Birthday.

A couple weeks ago a Ren sent this to my room when I checked in on my birthday.

Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by iztok

Congrats on both!

Cheers.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:39 pm

Congrats!

I am new to the game. Hubby was platinum last year (but I am in charge of the bookkeeping) and reached it already this year. What does it take to reach lifetime status?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Lovethecabin
Congrats!

I am new to the game. Hubby was platinum last year (but I am in charge of the bookkeeping) and reached it already this year. What does it take to reach lifetime status?
http://bit.ly/1eTdE2K

Lifetime Silver Elite 250 nights + 1.2 million points
Lifetime Gold Elite 500 nights + 1.6 million points
Lifetime Platinum Elite 750 nights + 2 million points
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Ironically mine was a few days ago and I got a Happy Birthday email on the day from Marriott with a link to click for a "gift". It led me to this confusing message:

Our records show that you've already received an Elite night credit for your birthday this year. Please keep in mind it may take up to 48 hours to credit your account with an Elite night credit.

And I am already LTP making it moot unless there is some sort of double secret probation level I could still earn!

Congrats, iztok
Old Apr 19, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Congrats.

I have 24 nights to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.