Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:28 pm

Marriott Rewards Lifetime Platinum Elite?

I just became a lifetime platinum elite. Good to know that.
I need a bit of more information regarding it from others. Would it remain the same if I did not stay in any Marriott properties this year or would they reconsider their decision again looking at my activity??
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
LTP is based on 2milion points and 750 nights stayed. Once achieved you are good for rest of your natural life
Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:41 am

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Originally Posted by iztok
LTP is based on 2milion points and 750 nights stayed. Once achieved you are good for rest of your natural life
Also good through his unnatural life
Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:08 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by iztok
Once achieved you are good for rest of your natural life
Or through the life of the Marriott Rewards program.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by hhoope01
Or through the life of the Marriott Rewards program.
Whichever comes first
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by fredlisancnc
Also good through his unnatural life
He is a zombie?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sumayya
I just became a lifetime platinum elite. Good to know that.
I need a bit of more information regarding it from others. Would it remain the same if I did not stay in any Marriott properties this year or would they reconsider their decision again looking at my activity??
It is the same as long as you stay a member.

Now, if Marriott ever decides to enforce cancelling member accounts for inactivity, then it would matter that you avoid such a cancellation, by having some sort of qualifying account activity often enough. That might not, however, need to specifically be a stay.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by joshua362
Ironically mine was a few days ago and I got a Happy Birthday email on the day from Marriott with a link to click for a "gift". It led me to this confusing message:

Our records show that you've already received an Elite night credit for your birthday this year. Please keep in mind it may take up to 48 hours to credit your account with an Elite night credit.

And I am already LTP making it moot unless there is some sort of double secret probation level I could still earn!

Congrats, iztok
Same with me back in Feb. Its a glitch. I called to resolve. They told me it "would post in 6 months." I don't believe them, but ultimately I didn't need the night.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 3:18 am

Programs: BA - Silver, Club Carlson - Gold, Marriott - Platinum, Accor Platinum
Hi,

I should achieve the 250 nights for lifetime silver later this year but I'll fall way short of the 1.2Million points.
Silly question but I assume this means I won't qualify?

Assuming that’s the case. If I transfer points in such as from AMEX are the counted?
Also do they count available points or historical. i.e. if I spent them they’re no longer counted?
Old Apr 25, 2014, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Lifetime points earned count, whether or not you have used them. I'm not sure if transferred points count.

Bruce
Old Apr 25, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Squirrel
Hi,

I should achieve the 250 nights for lifetime silver later this year but I'll fall way short of the 1.2Million points.
Silly question but I assume this means I won't qualify?

Assuming that’s the case. If I transfer points in such as from AMEX are the counted?
Also do they count available points or historical. i.e. if I spent them they’re no longer counted?
Silver status is not very useful, so I don't know that I would spend a lot of effort chasing it.

And, ironically, it's the one hardest to get lifetime status with (because the points required are way out of scale to the nights required).
Old Apr 25, 2014, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Silver status is not very useful, so I don't know that I would spend a lot of effort chasing it.

And, ironically, it's the one hardest to get lifetime status with (because the points required are way out of scale to the nights required).
It can also be easily acquired indirectly by simply maintaining the Marriott Chase Premier credit card for ~$80/year that gives you a 15 elite night credit each year.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:34 pm

So long as you have the cc u'll always have activity too
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:54 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bdschobel
Lifetime points earned count, whether or not you have used them. I'm not sure if transferred points count.
Points from virtually any source will count. And yes, points transferred from AMEX will count.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nova08
It can also be easily acquired indirectly by simply maintaining the Marriott Chase Premier credit card for ~$80/year that gives you a 15 elite night credit each year.
Not outside the USA it can't, because there the credit card itself can't be easily acquired! And the OP I was replying to is apparently based far far away from the USA:
Flying Squirrel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.