Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:28 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by alextktan
Hi guys,

Maybe this has been answered before, but how do you know how many points you have earned so far to see where you stand in the quest for lifetime status? Thanks.

alextktan

PS: If this has been answered before, I apologize.
As someone else already answered, you have to call for LT points earned. The reason why I have a running total in my signature block is so that I don't have to call MR every time I want to know my LT points earned. I update it every month or so. I recommend you do that if you're close to LT Plat.

Originally Posted by HKGorBust
Quick question - I'm 8k points short of my lifetime plat and I would like to get it before my trip to New York in January. If I purchase the 8k points will they count towards my lifetime accumulation?

I checked the t & c's for purchasing points and it did not mention that they would be excluded. Thanks in advance

HKGorBust
I called on this. I was told that they only count IF you use the points right away, or something like that. Since I've already reached LT Gold, I'm not too concerned about LT Plat ... I keep the running total just so I know how close I'm getting.
Right now, all of my paid stays are with Hyatt and SPG so I earn my MR points through the credit card. The MR Visa isn't as good as other credit cards but it's currently my primary card because I want to eventually reach LT Plat.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by hhoope01
But with that, to get 8K points would cost you about $100. If you are that close to LT Plat, I assume you are already LT Gold. As such you should get the Gold bonus of 30% on base points (if I remember correctly.) So is there a Marriott anywhere close by where you live or can you extend a trip by a night before the end of the year? If you can find something with a $70/night rate,, you might be able to save some money by reserving a room for a night rather than paying the $100.
A $70/night stay would earn about 910 points, no? The need is for 8,000. Seems $100 to buy points is a better alternative than $630 and 9 nights to get 8,000. Unless I'm off in my math somewhere.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 6:03 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
No your right, my math was way off. I'm not sure what I was thinking. I need to go back to school on how to multiply I think. (I probably was using 700 rather than 70 though when doing the math in my head.)
Old Nov 22, 2013, 9:14 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Marriott PP/LT Plat, Golden Circle Diamond
Originally Posted by CPRich
I didn't save it, but I'm pretty sure there was a "welcome to lifetime status, congratulations on your achievement, blah, blah," letter. I wasn't just a card in an envelope. But no special certificates, awards, etc.

MR certainly doesn't do it as well as SPG, which indicates your LT status via various graphic notation, in many places on-line and on your annual card. And the metal LT PLT card looks sweet (7 more nights...)
Just got home in the US for the first time in many months. In the pile of mail to go through was a new "2013 Platinum" package. Inside was a card that says Platinum Elite Lifetime on it and no expiration date. Otherwise it looks identical to the existing card.

No special mention of lifetime, etc. Just that the card now actually says lifetime.

Also got one of those mailings (Rewards Plus or something) that list hotels to consider as well as an account update (which are always way behind). Below the point and night total it actually says "Platinum Elite Lifetime". So at least they are officially starting to recognize it.

I crossed the night/point total for LTP ~ 3 months before the mailing.....
Old Nov 22, 2013, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by wethereyet
a new "2013 Platinum" package. Inside was a card that says Platinum Elite Lifetime on it and no expiration date. Otherwise it looks identical to the existing card.
Yup, that's about it. And you don't get a new card each year because you're LT. The only time I got a second card was when Marriott switched from the LT one that had a pic of a resort with the ocean in the background to the industrial gray current card.

Cheers.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wethereyet
Just got home in the US for the first time in many months. In the pile of mail to go through was a new "2013 Platinum" package. Inside was a card that says Platinum Elite Lifetime on it and no expiration date. Otherwise it looks identical to the existing card.

No special mention of lifetime, etc. Just that the card now actually says lifetime.

Also got one of those mailings (Rewards Plus or something) that list hotels to consider as well as an account update (which are always way behind). Below the point and night total it actually says "Platinum Elite Lifetime". So at least they are officially starting to recognize it.

I crossed the night/point total for LTP ~ 3 months before the mailing.....
Congratulations; nice accomplishment.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Got my Platinum Lifetime Card in the mail today. Wondered why I had not ever received a Lifetime Silver or Gold card, but reading through these threads, now it makes sense…kind of. They never mailed them since I have been Platinum since 1999, with a few years of Gold in there.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 12:23 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JC5280
Got my Platinum Lifetime Card in the mail today. Wondered why I had not ever received a Lifetime Silver or Gold card, but reading through these threads, now it makes sense…kind of. They never mailed them since I have been Platinum since 1999, with a few years of Gold in there.
Congrats! You can now change your program status from Marriott Platinum (since 1999) to Marriott LT Platinum.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 2:19 pm

I am (and have been for a few years) Platinum Premier. As I understand it, Platinum Premier is a higher status than Lifetime Platinum. I recently achieved all the requirements for Lifetime, but guess they keep you as Platinum Premier as long as you are at that level. Would think i would be better off being listed as Platinum Premier re: upgrades. Anyone familiar with this particular situation?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by wolfgame
I am (and have been for a few years) Platinum Premier. As I understand it, Platinum Premier is a higher status than Lifetime Platinum. I recently achieved all the requirements for Lifetime, but guess they keep you as Platinum Premier as long as you are at that level. Would think i would be better off being listed as Platinum Premier re: upgrades. Anyone familiar with this particular situation?
I am in the same point PP is supposedly better for upgrades but I really doubt it given my experiences over the last 5 years as PP. PP is better for sure when you call and want to use points or open space. I have had lifetime for about 5 or 6 years so I have never used it.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by wolfgame
Actually, Platinum and Platinum Premier are a higher status than Lifetime Platinum. Both indicate you are continuing to provide income to MI and not banking on previous activity to maintain status.

Unfortunately, MR has reduced the tangible benefits for Platinum Premier over the years. It might open some doors when making a special request, but other than that I'm hard pressed to see any advantage over Platinum.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Actually, Platinum and Platinum Premier are a higher status than Lifetime Platinum. Both indicate you are continuing to provide income to MI and not banking on previous activity to maintain status.

Unfortunately, MR has reduced the tangible benefits for Platinum Premier over the years. It might open some doors when making a special request, but other than that I'm hard pressed to see any advantage over Platinum.
The failure to treat PP better on a consistent basis has kept me from ever worrying about achieving it. Why on Earth Marriott doesn't do more is beyond me. Simple things like Guaranteed late checkout to 4pm, Free parking, etc would go a long way.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by jr1202sr
The failure to treat PP better on a consistent basis has kept me from ever worrying about achieving it. Why on Earth Marriott doesn't do more is beyond me. Simple things like Guaranteed late checkout to 4pm, Free parking, etc would go a long way.
True.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 6:56 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
And would bring my ~75 nights a year I give to SPG/Hyatt back to MR.

I am PP, and get zippo from my "extra" status.

If I would get:
1-free breakfast on all stays
2-double arrival points

I would be happy...and bring MR many more nights! Guess MR doesn't really need my $$$$ bad enough.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
And would bring my ~75 nights a year I give to SPG/Hyatt back to MR.

I am PP, and get zippo from my "extra" status.

If I would get:
1-free breakfast on all stays
2-double arrival points

I would be happy...and bring MR many more nights! Guess MR doesn't really need my $$$$ bad enough.
+1. I have a feeling more people on this board are aware of Platinum Premier than the Marriott employees who check me in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.