Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2013, 7:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Red259
The first point you made is one of the big reasons. If there isn't a marriott in the area you need to be or a property is booked up. Another reason would be that people may want status in two chains so they can price shop in various markets and/or select the nicer property of the two chains. It has to do with flexibility. I don't travel enough to gain top status at multiple chains, but top status in one chain and mid-level status in another gives good flexibility. People can get status at other chains with status match/challenges/credit cards, so its not like starting over from scratch for the most part.
This.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dhodory
Which other hotel programs actually even *have* lifetime programs?
It's a pretty small list of hotel programs that have lifetime programs earned on stays.

Two hotel programs (Hilton HHonors and IHG Club) have instead second-level-up (HH Gold and IHG Plat) status as long as you hold their credit card (for US residents). No need for stays at all.

A couple "budget" hotel programs have lifetime status, but it doesn't get you the kinds of perks you're used to from the "major" hotel programs.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by slowly
I find that kind of questions quite absurd. The analogy in personal life would be meeting someone, having some dinners together, then going to movies, then going to Vegas, meeting his/her parents and at some point asking - what's the point of staying together now that we have relationship?

Isn't the answer obvious - to enjoy the benefits of the relationship? Do so many people treat lifetime status only as a badge? Do they only enjoy pursuing the status, not the benefits it brings? Seems highly illogical to me...
Because a relationship is a two way street that is ever evolving.

Your co-relationship-er may gain 100 pounds, go crazy, cheat on you, change the rules of the game, devaluation their program, takeaway benefits, etc...

It's nice to have a backup?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Which other hotel programs actually even *have* lifetime programs?
SPG for one. Any others?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CPRich
SPG for one. Any others?
Hyatt. It takes 1 million base points, which equals $200K in spend. Base points, NOT bonus points. Not credit card points.

SPG is far easier to attain lifetime status. It should be anyone's next choice for lifetime status after reaching Marriott LT Gold (you can slowly slog it out toward Marriott LT Plat status while holding SPG Plat status).

Dhodory, you would be crazy to stick with Marriott for the promotions. Get a Status Challenge with SPG and get Plat status. Keep getting plat status with SPG for ten years and 500 nights - you then have lifetime Plat status with BOTH SPG and Marriott.
This gives you huge flexibility in your travels. If you use SPG primary and Marriott secondary, you will be covered for most everywhere you go. If you stick with only Marriott, you will not always be covered. And both Marriott and SPG have some awesome aspirational properties that you would probably enjoy in retirement.
DO NOT even think about Hilton. First, there's no lifetime status and second, their footprint is very similar to Marriott.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Originally Posted by joshua362
It's nice to have a backup?
That's a difference issue, having a backup is nice of course. But based on the semi-OP logic, once you have the second lifetime status, you have no incentive to stay there either and you start pursuing the third one etc.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by slowly
That's a difference issue, having a backup is nice of course. But based on the semi-OP logic, once you have the second lifetime status, you have no incentive to stay there either and you start pursuing the third one etc.
If having LT status is the goal, then yes, if you've got the ability going for as many as you can may work. Personally, I like the benefits I get more than the status. Now I am also within 20 nights of making LT with Marriott and SPG, but that was done simultaneously in picking the best deal where ever I was headed. I even had Diamond with Hilton and Choice, but decided to drop those. The beauty is there's no one right choice and it's up to the individual to decide what's important to them.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For me, at least, the incremental value of a third LT status is much smaller than a second. I'm have my second in about 6 weeks and have no intention of starting over with Hyatt.

I think there's a difference between LT status and LT top tier. I've had LT PLT MR and LT Gold SPG since they introduced it. I've chosen to complete the run to SPG LT PLT, then get off the merry-go-round and enjoy the benefits of both. The chance of neither a Marriott nor an SPG property, but the presence of a Hyatt property, seems pretty small to me.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 7:43 am

So SPG does have a Lifetimes status? Coincidentally, that is the program I was thinking of shifting my stays to, so that's nice to know, thanks! Will have to go and hang out in the SPG forum and see what's what.
They do -- basically 250 nights for LT Gold and 500 for LT Platinum, but there are additional durational requirements as well.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Counsellor
They do -- basically 250 nights for LT Gold and 500 for LT Platinum, but there are additional durational requirements as well.
5 years elite status for LT Gold, 10 years of PLT status for LT PLT.

I think SPG is the logical one to pair with MR. But that's what I've done, so I guess it's natural that I think that's the right choice.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by RogerD408
The beauty is there's no one right choice and it's up to the individual to decide what's important to them.
Bolding mine. Agree!

Cheers.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:39 am
CDF

Location: Michigan, DL Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Gold
Just received my Lifetime Platinum credentials last week The only thing that was holding me back was the 2M points but I hit that at the end of August. Marriott must have just done a sweep since I didn't have to request it.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
Not to ask a silly question but... To meet lifetime qualification requirements do you need to actively have the number of points required or just have earned that many points during the lifetime of your account? I ask because I earn a lot of points but also use some for travel and shopping so while I meet the night requirements my point totals fluctuate up and down a couple hundred thousand based on when I redeem them. If this affects the status I might hold off on redeeming points in the near future until I'm over the threshold.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by roadman3313
Not to ask a silly question but... To meet lifetime qualification requirements do you need to actively have the number of points required or just have earned that many points during the lifetime of your account? I ask because I earn a lot of points but also use some for travel and shopping so while I meet the night requirements my point totals fluctuate up and down a couple hundred thousand based on when I redeem them. If this affects the status I might hold off on redeeming points in the near future until I'm over the threshold.
The points needed for lifetime status are based on the total number of points you have earned over the lifetime of your account, not on the number of points you have in your account.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 2:57 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I'm on 738 nights, 3 million plus LT points, and should hit the magic 750 nights for LT Plat before the end of the year.

The value to me is that when I retire in about 4 years, I will not be able to re-qualify each year and so would have lost the status. With LT Plat, Mrs M and I can start using up all my accumulated points (got around 1.5m at the moment and counting) and get Plat benefits whilst doing so - room upgrades, lounge access, arrival gifts etc. Mrs L adores what she thinks is special treatment, and this helps in some way to compensate for all the nights I;ve spent away from home on the road.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.