Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2013, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks everyone...

My company requires that we use AMEX for work travels and, being constantly on the road, my personal expenses are really not much. I also charge most of my personal stuff to SPG AMEX. Unless Marriott travel package is used, 1 point in SPG or 1 UA mile is a lot more valuable than 1 MR point.

I guess I will just try to do it the old fashion way to see where I get and hope I have the job and health to get me there before it is all over ...
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Can someone kindly point out how to transfer AMEX to Marriott points?
Originally Posted by sdsearch
And while it's not the best transfer ratio, I think you can also transfer AMEX Membership Rewards to Marriott Rewards, and if so, any AMEX MR signup bonuses would also count.
I am new to AMEX membership rewards, and did not see the option to transfer to MArriott points. I only saw the option to convert to Marriott gift cards (which had lots of restrictions and did not appear to be a good value)
Oops, I guess my information was outdated. (It's been some years since I've had an Amex MR card.) Apparently there is no way to transfer Amex MR to Marriott points any more (at least not for the amounts you get with an AMEX MR card signup). It depended on transferring around between several different programs the last time it worked, but some of those transfer steps no longer work, and thus the whole transfer path no longer works.

I use Diners Club (rather than Amex MR) myself, and Diners Club Club Rewards does support transfers to Marriott:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diner...os-2012-a.html

However, there is at present still no way to sign up (bonus or no bonus) for a new personal Diners Club US card (if you don't already have one from years ago).

(So I didn't mention this before, because the post I was making above was about signup bonuses going to Marriott, not oingoing spending.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 21, 2013 at 7:59 pm Reason: fixed link
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by username
Thanks everyone...

My company requires that we use AMEX for work travels and, being constantly on the road, my personal expenses are really not much. I also charge most of my personal stuff to SPG AMEX. Unless Marriott travel package is used, 1 point in SPG or 1 UA mile is a lot more valuable than 1 MR point.

I guess I will just try to do it the old fashion way to see where I get and hope I have the job and health to get me there before it is all over ...
Do you plan to stay at any Marriott properties now? There is the MegaBonus promotion going on which you can take advantage of to earn from 35K (20 nights) to 50K points (25 nights). Your offer may vary of course but I think there's one for max of 40K points and one for 50K which is the one I currently have offered. It's from 2/1 to 4/30 so if you can stay 25 nights during that time period, it will take a small chunk out of that 400K points you have remaining. Not much, but every little bit counts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 6:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Oops, I guess my information was outdated. (It's been some years since I've had an Amex MR card.) Apparently there is no way to transfer Amex MR to Marriott points any more (at least not for the amounts you get with an AMEX MR card signup). It depended on transferring around between several different programs the last time it worked, but some of those transfer steps no longer work, and thus the whole transfer path no longer works.

I use Diners Club (rather than Amex MR) myself, and Diners Club Club Rewards does support transfers to Marriott:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diner...os-2012-a.html

However, there is at present still no way to sign up (bonus or no bonus) for a new personal Diners Club US card (if you don't already have one from years ago).

(So I didn't mention this before, because the post I was making above was about signup bonuses going to Marriott, not oingoing spending.)
The link doesn't seem to work: Page not found.

After the link was fixed, I fixed it in my quote of the post too. So everything should work now.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jan 22, 2013 at 9:53 am
Old Jan 20, 2013, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gk17
Do you plan to stay at any Marriott properties now? There is the MegaBonus promotion going on which you can take advantage of to earn from 35K (20 nights) to 50K points (25 nights). Your offer may vary of course but I think there's one for max of 40K points and one for 50K which is the one I currently have offered. It's from 2/1 to 4/30 so if you can stay 25 nights during that time period, it will take a small chunk out of that 400K points you have remaining. Not much, but every little bit counts
Thanks. I try to stay at Marriotts whenever I can since I am so close...

To make it even tougher, Marriott is not my company's preferred chain. Still, if I find it having a lower rate, I stay there. So, if I am lucky, I should have at least 20 nights for the spring MegaBonus, hopefully 25 - and repeat for the fall. Hopefully there will be no Visa requirement for any bonuses anymore.

I guess if it is easy, then it would not mean much
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL DM, UA Gold, WOH Glob, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by SaintsFan
Thanks for posting.

Achievement Criteria:

Lifetime Platinum Elite: 750 nights* + 2 million points
Lifetime Gold Elite: 500 nights* + 1.6 million points
Lifetime Silver Elite: 250 nights* + 1.2 million points

*All qualified nights count toward Lifetime status. That means paid nights, rollover nights, meeting nights and credit card nights.
do we know whether points transferred from credit cards (Diners, AMEX) count towards the points requirement? Of do they have to be base points (like Hyatt)?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by username
Thanks. I try to stay at Marriotts whenever I can since I am so close...

To make it even tougher, Marriott is not my company's preferred chain. Still, if I find it having a lower rate, I stay there. So, if I am lucky, I should have at least 20 nights for the spring MegaBonus, hopefully 25 - and repeat for the fall. Hopefully there will be no Visa requirement for any bonuses anymore.

I guess if it is easy, then it would not mean much
Check the Marriott website and see if you save much if you use the AAA rate. If so, I suggest getting the card. It's well worth the $48 ($58 for first year) annual fee. Most properties don't even ask to see this card at check in but I bring it with me anyway. This also means less points but if it's cheaper than your company's preferred chain, I guess that will work for you.

I don't think those bonuses require the Marriott Visa card. I remember using a regular Chase Visa card and for all my bonuses in the past.

Originally Posted by Supercub17
do we know whether points transferred from credit cards (Diners, AMEX) count towards the points requirement? Of do they have to be base points (like Hyatt)?
I remember reading here that it does count.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The link doesn't seem to work: Page not found.
Sorry about that, fixed now. I had dropped the "l" in ".html" while copying the link, and I didn't notice it because at many other sites ".htm" works, but on FT it doesn't, it needs the full ".html" at the end.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: marriott Platinum, hilton, starwood Gold Lifetime, goldpointplus, A-club
less nights for lifetime platinum

Hi all,

I knew from the Marriott rewards that serve 750 nights from 2013 to reach the LTP.
Does not change the number of points (2 million), the length of enrollment (+12 years) and have been at least once platunum elite member

Paolo
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:51 am

These are the new requirements:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19968419-post926.html

You no longer need 12 years of membership, and you don't need to have earned platinum status.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Fewer. It's 'fewer'. 'Fewer', I tell you....

(sorry, pet peeve...)
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Paolo, welcome to Flyertalk. And thanks for your efforts at communicating even though English is not your first language.

Last edited by ohmark; Feb 14, 2013 at 12:13 pm
Old Mar 4, 2013, 3:39 am

Do you get the lifetime status when you are enrolled in the Ritz-Carlton Rewards program and meet the requirements or do you have to be in the Marriott Rewards program?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 3:56 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Just Received Lifetime Plat Card

Just received a new rewards card in the mail. Last month got my annual Platinum card. This month received a Lifetime Platinum.

I thought that they did not give these unless you did not make it normally (had 90 night last year). Must be new rules -- ended 2012 with 890 nights and 2.3 million lifetime points. Been with rewards since the beginning.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by PaulMCO
Just received a new rewards card in the mail. Last month got my annual Platinum card. This month received a Lifetime Platinum.

I thought that they did not give these unless you did not make it normally (had 90 night last year). Must be new rules -- ended 2012 with 890 nights and 2.3 million lifetime points. Been with rewards since the beginning.
I will be happy receiving either one! So far, I have not received either card! I called MR today, and I was told by the rep that she ordered my card and package for this year. When I asked her which one, she did not understand, and when I explained that I should get a LT Plat card, she said that I would only get that when I fell below Plat level. I told her that I know that, and I only mentioned it because I know that I qualify this year, and then she looked and said "oh yes, you do, but you will get whichever one you are supposed to have." I gave up at that point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.