Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Marriott PP/LT Plat, Golden Circle Diamond
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Actually, Platinum and Platinum Premier are a higher status than Lifetime Platinum. Both indicate you are continuing to provide income to MI and not banking on previous activity to maintain status.
What about the person who was 5 nights shy and gets comp'd to Plat? Are they a better customer than a LTP?

How about the newly minted one year plat who gets exactly 75 nights vs a LTP? Who is a more valuable customer?

I'm not sure how one could logically state a LT Plat is lower status than a P or PP. Consider also that some of us who are LTP are still staying 300+ nights a year

From Marriott's view, LTP and P are identical with the exception of not having to reqaul anymore.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by jr1202sr
The failure to treat PP better on a consistent basis has kept me from ever worrying about achieving it. Why on Earth Marriott doesn't do more is beyond me. Simple things like Guaranteed late checkout to 4pm, Free parking, etc would go a long way.
BINGO!

What really sucks is having a couple million points banked and then when I go to use them for my vacation I get hit with a resort fee of $30/day. Then to get upgraded to a true suite I end up paying from 75-125/night on top of it. The 70 night comp'd plat gets treated the same as the 400 night plat.

Would have been better off just booking a hotel outright somewhere else.

I'd be happy with a once a year suite guarantee after so much spend or nights threshold (or other perk like waive so may days per year of resort fee, etc).
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
[QUOTE=wethereyet;22050977]
I'm not sure how one could logically state a LT Plat is lower status than a P or PP. Consider also that some of us who are LTP are still staying 300+ nights a year

I suspect that an LTP with >75 nights would be a P under Roger's definition/logic above. Someone who didn't meet the 75 night criteria, but kept Platinum status through the LTP program is indeed providing less business/value than a 75-night-qualified P. (rates and other variables being equal)

Originally Posted by wethereyet
From Marriott's view, LTP and P are identical with the exception of not having to reqaul anymore.
From a program standpoint.

But from a marketing standpoint, I am certain that, unless they are still in the CRM paleolithic era, Marriott differentiates between 75-night-qualifying and 25-night-but-Lifetime Platinum members.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:34 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CPRich
But from a marketing standpoint, I am certain that, unless they are still in the CRM paleolithic era, Marriott differentiates between 75-night-qualifying and 25-night-but-Lifetime Platinum members.
My understanding matches your thoughts as well. I can say that for things like the Megabonus, Marriott knows exactly how much I have been staying with them and offers me a Megabonus based on that. But I'm not sure a local hotel employee (i.e. check-in agent) can see whether for this year I'm a 25 night LT Plat or a 75+ night Plat.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
What about the person who was 5 nights shy and gets comp'd to Plat? Are they a better customer than a LTP?

How about the newly minted one year plat who gets exactly 75 nights vs a LTP? Who is a more valuable customer?

As soon as you have more than one person in a program there's going to be some form of prioritization going on. If two show up at the same time at the same property where there is only one room available, guess what? Someone is going to lose out. I've yet to find a property able to produce unlimited rooms on a whim.

I will put good money down that if a property had to make a choice between someone that is a regular paying guest will get preference over someone that hasn't been in a hotel for over a year. Granted there are many posts where Golds have been upgraded and a Plat hasn't. I'm sure there was some underlying reason be it, previous communications or poor training.

I don't see MI, or any other program, trying to quantify priority more than the gross sumarization by status, as they do now, and their T&Cs will be written to that goal. We all know anything can happen, so as quoted many times on FT - YMMV.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by hhoope01
My understanding matches your thoughts as well. I can say that for things like the Megabonus, Marriott knows exactly how much I have been staying with them and offers me a Megabonus based on that. But I'm not sure a local hotel employee (i.e. check-in agent) can see whether for this year I'm a 25 night LT Plat or a 75+ night Plat.
But if I stop staying at a Marriott so much and only for vacation or small number of stays, it still comes down to Plat 1 = Plat 2 as far as benefits.

Megabonus is somewhat irrelevant as if I have to rely on LTP to hold plat and not staying that much then it doesn't matter what Marriott is giving for bonus point offers....
Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:17 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Megabonus is somewhat irrelevant as if I have to rely on LTP to hold plat and not staying that much then it doesn't matter what Marriott is giving for bonus point offers....
I'm not stating whether it is in Marriott's or anyone else's benefit IF they differentiated between Plat "levels". All I can say is that my understanding is that the check-in person sees an elite level "code" when you are checking in. I don't think that "code" is different for a 25 night LT Plat versus a 75 night Plat. It is the same and thus the check-in person won't be able to differentiate.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
I will put good money down that if a property had to make a choice between someone that is a regular paying guest will get preference over someone that hasn't been in a hotel for over a year.
I don't agree. I've yet to see anyone discuss or find evidence that Marriott prioritizes within levels. They can't even give PP meaningful extra perks so to think Marriott is going to differentiate plats doesn't make any sense.

Perhaps if the paying guest frequently stays at that property then Plat 1 may win out over Plat 2. I'm a top 2 guest at a hotel in China. I know times where they were 100% booked and walked someone else when I made a booking. Then I can go to another Marriott property and get treated no different than any other plat. I've personally experienced coworker who was gold getting a true upgrade to a suite checking in at same time as me and then I got standard room.

My evidence (with a lot of data points) suggests differentiation does not occur outside of someone being a very frequent guest.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Got my lifetime Plat card in the mail this week. Looks like I've made it!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I made the points total needed for lifetime Plat a couple of years ago. My 750th night has just posted onto my account, so I guess I've made it.

I don't know why anyone should be interested, but I am inexplicably excited about this. I will retire in about four years and it's great to know that I'll keep my status for ever!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by mickeypops
I made the points total needed for lifetime Plat a couple of years ago. My 750th night has just posted onto my account, so I guess I've made it.

I don't know why anyone should be interested, but I am inexplicably excited about this. I will retire in about four years and it's great to know that I'll keep my status for ever!
Congradulations ^
Old Jan 12, 2014, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by mickeypops

I believe you need 800 based on the current criteria. Sorry.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by wolfgame
The current criteria for Lifetime Platinum Elite are 750 nights and 2 million points: http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi
Old Jan 12, 2014, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by wolfgame
800 used to be the Lifetime Gold criteria. 750 has been the Lifetime Platinum criteria for a little over a year now.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by CPRich
800 used to be the Lifetime Gold criteria. 750 has been the Lifetime Platinum criteria for a little over a year now.
great. thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.