Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Hal Newhouser
Rollover nights do not count toward Lifetime status.
Yes they do.
They count once each year.

If you end up with let's say 150 nights at the end of the year.
At the beginning of next year you will start with 75 nights (rolled over) and a total of 225 total membership nights.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by sammyindc
Yes they do.
They count once each year.

If you end up with let's say 150 nights at the end of the year.
At the beginning of next year you will start with 75 nights (rolled over) and a total of 225 total membership nights.
Wrong. They don't count for Lifetime status.

They do rollover as credit toward the following year's status but they don't double count for Lifetime.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 3:46 pm

They do rollover as credit toward the following year's status but they don't double count for Lifetime.
YES they do!
Check your account and you will see.
They count for the following year's total which is counted in your lifetime total.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Of course all of our statements are based upon experience. However, if you wish to go to the source:
Originally Posted by sthubbar
What is this "rollover" thing you talk about? I am intrigued.
See: http://www.marriott.com/marriott/eliterollover.mi

Rollover nights do not count toward Lifetime status.
See: http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi

Both of these found via the link in post #1 of this thread dating back to 2008! Standing proof that some old things still have value.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 4:11 pm

Get the facts before arguing:

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."
Old Jul 19, 2014, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by sammyindc
Get the facts before arguing:

No need to get your panties in a twist.

Marriott representatives have posted multiple times on the Marriott Rewards Insiders website that rollover nights do not count toward Lifetime status.

Thus, we have conflicting information from Marriott.

So you don't have all the facts as the "facts" are are unclear.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 5:51 pm

Marriott representatives have posted multiple times on the Marriott Rewards Insiders website that rollover nights do not count toward Lifetime status.

Facts are very clear but no need to keep arguing about it. Some people just never get it.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver

Sorry Hal, but in spite of what various reps may have posted rollover nights do count towards lifetime nights. I monitor my rollover and lifetime night totals very closely and every year the rollover nights are added to my lifetime nights total.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP

And another fact posted many times is many Marriott agents do not know their own program rules. Way back in the day Marriott Concierge actually participated in FT, they mis-advised us as to how the rollover nights would work. Agents will make up rules to get you off the phone without actually doing the research. If you go back and do the math on your own account (presuming you've earned rollover nights) you will find they do count the second year, just not any years past that.

So if you earn 200 nights in a year and no further nights ever, you will have Platinum status that year, add 200 nights to your lifetime tally. The following year you will have Platinum status and add 125 nights to your lifetime tally. Making those 200 nights turn into 325 total and two years of Platinum status. As long as MR continues the soft landings, you would have Gold the following year with Silver the year after that.

Of course all this presumes MR chooses to not intervene and extend status, as they have been known to do.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status

maybe 1/5 of Marriott reos understand how rollover nights actually work
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
Lifetime platinum kit contains requalify requirements

not a big deal. but thought it was funny. i got my little lifetime kit w/membership card and the booklet explains how to requalify for gold silver and platinum each year.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by travel.flier
not a big deal. but thought it was funny. i got my little lifetime kit w/membership card and the booklet explains how to requalify for gold silver and platinum each year.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more

Ok,

Let's state it very simply:

Rollover nights count once for a second time against lifetime. They do not keep rolling over which is the confusing part.

So, for a simple example, a new member joins in 2015 and stays for 150 nights. In 2016, the member does not stay a single night.

- In 2015, lifetime nights are at 150, providing platinum status.
- In 2016, the member has 75 rollover nights, and a total fo 225 lifetime nights.
- In 2017, thanks to rollover nights, the member remains platinum, but the lifetime counter does not budge.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

PS = And yes, from my personal account, I can confirm that this is what happens, as I have had rollover nights count towards lifetime Platinum.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Ok,

Let's state it very simply:

Rollover nights count once for a second time against lifetime. They do not keep rolling over which is the confusing part.

So, for a simple example, a new member joins in 2015 and stays for 150 nights. In 2016, the member does not stay a single night.

- In 2015, lifetime nights are at 150, providing platinum status.
- In 2016, the member has 75 rollover nights, and a total fo 225 lifetime nights.
- In 2017, thanks to rollover nights, the member remains platinum, but the lifetime counter does not budge.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

PS = And yes, from my personal account, I can confirm that this is what happens, as I have had rollover nights count towards lifetime Platinum.
Correct, with one exception. Early in the rollover program, the Marriott rep said that rolled-over nights were allowed to roll-over and count again. When they didn't for some people, the rep posted and said that you could PM him and they'd manually fix it to make good on the promise. I just realized I never PMd to get this corrected, but I can't find the thread where he said this. Can anyone find/post a link to it?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, A3 *A Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
GenevaFlyer, thanks for the clarification. The limiting factor will the the 2 million bonus points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.