Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum; Hilton Diamond; United Platinum; AA Gold
Originally Posted by alrvd83
Well that's your problem...why would you NOT ask for upgrades?

Often, the agents may forget to upgrade you, so I always ask...its quite funny how many upgrades I have gotten simply by asking. OR even better, respond to the virtual concierge email by asking for an upgrade.

My % is at least 70%, but again I ALWAYS ASK!!!!
I fully agree, it's fairly rare unless I ask. However when I do ask (and research their availability of room types before asking), it's been at least 50%. It also depends on the length of the stay, I've had better chances with 1-2 night stays with a late check-in as opposed to a Mon-Thurs travel schedule.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by BostonBusinessTraveler
I fully agree, it's fairly rare unless I ask. However when I do ask (and research their availability of room types before asking), it's been at least 50%. It also depends on the length of the stay, I've had better chances with 1-2 night stays with a late check-in as opposed to a Mon-Thurs travel schedule.
agreed. For example, I've arrived at Marriotts, noticed on my phone that suites were available, gone to check in and asked for an upgrade...they then would upgrade me to a suite. I am sure they would not have done it unless I had asked. Essentially, an upgrade was available but the agent never bothered to do it in advance...
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

they then would upgrade me to a suite.
And what's the upgrade to ask for if you're staying at a Marriott Suties where every room is already a suite???

(Yes, most of my Marriott program stays recently have been at Marriott Suites, week after week.)
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:12 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum; Hilton Diamond; United Platinum; AA Gold
If all rooms are the same, then there isn't much of an upgrade they can give you. However if there are other rooms available that are better than your room (e.g. larger suite), you can ask.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:24 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by sdsearch
And what's the upgrade to ask for if you're staying at a Marriott Suties where every room is already a suite???

(Yes, most of my Marriott program stays recently have been at Marriott Suites, week after week.)
Higher floor than lower floor?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sdsearch

I have seen Marriott Suites hotels often have a 2 bedroom suite, which would be an upgrade. Or maybe a larger 1 bedroom suite...or just something with a higher floor.

At Springhill Suites, I never ask for an upgrade because usually they only have 2 room options...1 king bed or 2 queen
Old Nov 17, 2014, 8:12 am

Verifying question. I think they do count, based on my search, but wanted to verify.

Do all points count? Including Megabonus, elite bonus, and points in lieu of Plat gift?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by bmchris
Verifying question. I think they do count, based on my search, but wanted to verify.

Do all points count? Including Megabonus, elite bonus, and points in lieu of Plat gift?
If you are asking if all count toward lifetime status the answer is yes. Credit card points count, too.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 8:19 am

Thank you. Yes, that was my question. It seemed too good to be true, so I wanted to verify.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:11 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
It's only a problem if you care. Why should I ask for something that's not important to me? If I get an UG, it's nice, but when you check in late at night and leave the next morning, why would you bother? Just to be able to feel important? It's not like I'm going to use the extra space.

Besides, I've got bigger fish to fry. I need a feather free room. If they've done their job and gotten the room ready, I'm happy. The last thing I want is to sit around while they get a suite ready instead of taking the room that's already prepared. Time is more important than getting a suite. Unlike others, for me, it's not a matter of just being given a different key. It's a thirty minute wait.

With that said, though, since becoming Plat Prem, many times it is a suite that has been made feather free. The hotels are doing this on their own. That rarely happened when I was Plat. Despite not asking, it seems I am getting more UGs than most on this thread, so I fail to see how my not asking is a problem. Maybe my not asking is an asset.

I also stay at many different hotels and am a prolific top TripAdvisor poster. Might that help with the suite UGs? Who knows.

Last edited by CJKatl; Nov 18, 2014 at 4:17 am
Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by CJKatl
It's only a problem if you care. Why should I ask for something that's not important to me? If I get an UG, it's nice, but when you check in late at night and leave the next morning, why would you bother? Just to be able to feel important? It's not like I'm going to use the extra space.

Besides, I've got bigger fish to fry. I need a feather free room. If they've done their job and gotten the room ready, I'm happy. The last thing I want is to sit around while they get a suite ready instead of taking the room that's already prepared. Time is more important than getting a suite. Unlike others, for me, it's not a matter of just being given a different key. It's a thirty minute wait.

With that said, though, since becoming Plat Prem, many times it is a suite that has been made feather free. The hotels are doing this on their own. That rarely happened when I was Plat. Despite not asking, it seems I am getting more UGs than most on this thread, so I fail to see how my not asking is a problem. Maybe my not asking is an asset.

I also stay at many different hotels and am a prolific top TripAdvisor poster. Might that help with the suite UGs? Who knows.
Your original post seemed to me like you were slightly complaining. Now that I see you don't care, then everything's ok lol

Last edited by alrvd83; Nov 23, 2014 at 10:54 am
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold

Often, the agents may forget to upgrade you, so I always ask...its quite funny how many upgrades I have gotten simply by asking. OR even better, respond to the virtual concierge email by asking for an upgrade.

My % is at least 70%, but again I ALWAYS ASK!!!!
After reading your post, I asked for an upgrade (through virtual concierge reply) for the first time in my life. My wife and I are now enjoying a fabulous Deluxe Suite at the JW Hanoi. Not sure it would have happened if I didn't ask as this is my first stay at this property.

Thanks! I may just make this a habit.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Baze
Anybody else seeing this glitch? I just checked my lifetime stats on the Marriott site. It shows my 140 nights but suddenly my lifetime points say 0. Hoping is just a temp glitch, but is anyone else seeing this?
Guess it was a glitch. Lifetime points are finally showing again.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
After reading your post, I asked for an upgrade (through virtual concierge reply) for the first time in my life. My wife and I are now enjoying a fabulous Deluxe Suite at the JW Hanoi. Not sure it would have happened if I didn't ask as this is my first stay at this property.

Thanks! I may just make this a habit.
This post has made my day!!!! Indeed, taking 2 min to ask via the virtual concierge is such a WIN! Enjoy your stay...
Old Nov 23, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I will be meeting the nights requirement well before the points requirement is made (for LT Plat). Does the bonus from taking out the credit card count towards lifetime earnings? (I know the points from the spend does).

With the T&C now allowing for a card every 24 months (since you last received the bonus), churning the card once or twice will make the difference if the bonus counts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.