Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by AATrout
Mine was Vail Summit Orthopedics for surgery, surgeon was Bill Sterett, the guy who has Lindsay Vonn as a patient. Yep, Howard Head for rehab
Me too. 6 years ago, right ACL. Visit them yearly at the beginning of ski season. BTW, was just in Fairfax for a few days for my winter break from skiing. Was happy to return to warm weather (compared to Fairfax). We're in the middle of a winter storm right now here in Vail. It's about time. Powder days are back. Used to stay at Vail Marriott waaaay too much, until I bought my place here 3+ years ago. FWIW, the 300+ nights and associated points from my stays at the Vail Marriott was the single largest contributor to my earning LTP.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:09 am

Programs: UA Global Services, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
sorry just ran across this thread. Question ... should this qualify me for lifetime gold based on the # of nights? if so, who should I call to get the status adjusted? I just received my silver status for the year

2015 Nights Detail

Lifetime Status
Nights 549
Points 1,053,337
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status

No because you need 1,600,000 lifetime points as well for lifetime gold status. You only met the requirements for the lifetime nights.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
I did a buyback of my Platinum status a week or so ago. The 40000 MR points have been deducted from my balance and also my lifetime status MR points balance has decreased by 40000 MR points.

Looking back on this thread people seem to think that shouldn't have happened and it shouldn't have been deducted from the lifetime status MR points too. Anyone else who has done a buyback this year who can confirm if their lifetime status MR points also decreased or not?

Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott LTPP, Avis +
Originally Posted by NorthOrSouth
I did a buyback of my Platinum status a week or so ago. The 40000 MR points have been deducted from my balance and also my lifetime status MR points balance has decreased by 40000 MR points.

Looking back on this thread people seem to think that shouldn't have happened and it shouldn't have been deducted from the lifetime status MR points too. Anyone else who has done a buyback this year who can confirm if their lifetime status MR points also decreased or not?

Thanks.
The flyertalk thread on status buyback says it gets deducted from lifetime status: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...back-here.html
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Originally Posted by anotheran2
The flyertalk thread on status buyback says it gets deducted from lifetime status: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...back-here.html
It does now....it was just updated in the last 24 hours so wasn't there before!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anotheran2
And another thread documents actual experiences:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...me-points.html
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: MR PP & LT Plat, HH Diamond, WN A+ and CP, Avis First, National E+
Finally made LTP!

It took me about 7 years and almost 950 nights, but I just crossed the 2 million point mark.

Thank you Marriott!
Old Feb 26, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sleasure
Finally made LTP!

It took me about 7 years and almost 950 nights, but I just crossed the 2 million point mark.

Thank you Marriott!
Did you get a nice email acknowledging it? Lol
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Delta Gold, United Silver
I have a ways to go :

Lifetime Status
nights: 134

But that's from just about the last 18 months or so.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by jesternl
I have a ways to go :

Lifetime Status
nights: 134

But that's from just about the last 18 months or so.
Welcome to the fold, jesternl. With that kind of travel pattern you'll be LTP after about 8 years. Which is the purpose of the program, IMO.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: MR PP & LT Plat, HH Diamond, WN A+ and CP, Avis First, National E+
Originally Posted by alrvd83
Did you get a nice email acknowledging it? Lol
No email. I am patiently awaiting my welcome package from MR to recognize my loyalty.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:40 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status

Sleasure- I'm in the same boat.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sleasure
No email. I am patiently awaiting my welcome package from MR to recognize my loyalty.
Based on my experience since I qualified about 3 years ago, your welcome package for Life Time will arrive .... any time from now.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
If you are PP, you don't get welcomed to Lifetime until or unless you drop from PP to plain P.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.