Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Best way to rack up the most points?

So I have my 500 nights, and just under a million points.

What are some of the best ways to build points. To me, silver is useless so it's either Gold or bust.

I did see the post about the bonuses...which of course I sign up for anytime I can, but what are some other ways that I can get the maximum amount of points?

Does anyone know if the Marriott Rewards Visa points count? Because I'm putting just about everything known to man on that card in hopes of trying to get to $1.6k. I'm even paying 2.6% at times (i.e., property taxes) just so I can get the points, but I am not sure if these points actually count toward the Lifetime status, so I figured the best place to ask is here. Not even sure who would know if I did try to call and if it would be reliable information.

The Platinum email level of personnel has gone down in a really big way...the emails have appeared to be from folks where English is not their first language. I feel like I am calling Comcast now too.

Thanks!

Dawn
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by kymbakitty

What are some of the best ways to build points. To me, silver is useless so it's either Gold or bust.

I did see the post about the bonuses...which of course I sign up for anytime I can, but what are some other ways that I can get the maximum amount of points?

Does anyone know if the Marriott Rewards Visa points count? Because I'm putting just about everything known to man on that card in hopes of trying to get to $1.6k. I'm even paying 2.6% at times (i.e., property taxes) just so I can get the points, but I am not sure if these points actually count toward the Lifetime status, so I figured the best place to ask is here. Not even sure who would know if I did try to call and if it would be reliable information
Yes they do! Charge everything you can, get a business version of the card (for one year) to get another CC bonus. Maybe check the manufactured spend forum for ideas although I personally don't think any are currently worth the effort after the CVS/Bluebird thing shut down.

I'd also be weary about paying an extra 2.6% just for points alone. That's a huge price to pay. Are you likely to keep traveling much in the next few years? If you're PLT now, you'll drop to Gold for another year when you don't qualify, so is there really a rush?

Finally, I think the program is so diluted and riddled with exceptions and carve outs now that Gold & PLT mean little more than free internet, continental breakfast and a hit or miss lounge experience (in the US), assuming you stay at places with lounges.

Its nice to obtain but almost useless for a vacation stay at a resort...
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry

Does anyone know if the Marriott Rewards Visa points count? Because I'm putting just about everything known to man on that card in hopes of trying to get to $1.6k. I'm even paying 2.6% at times (i.e., property taxes) just so I can get the points, but I am not sure if these points actually count toward the Lifetime status, so I figured the best place to ask is here. Not even sure who would know if I did try to call and if it would be reliable information.

Dawn
Yes, all the credit card points count toward lifetime status. As do the nights you earn with the credit card.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:15 pm

You can buy up to 50,000 points per year.

The Shopmyway mall gives points for shopping at their listed stores. Typically 1-3 for places you might be using already like Walmart or Home Depot. I order things on line for pickup at the local store.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (LT Plat), Southwest A-list, Delta Platinum
I just noticed that lifetime points is now showing up under my 2014 Nights Detail - cool! When did that happen?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:51 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lukerrie
I just noticed that lifetime points is now showing up under my 2014 Nights Detail - cool! When did that happen?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...le-online.html
Old Sep 30, 2014, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by catocony
I reached Lifetime Plat three weeks ago, and today, my new card came.
That seems to be a recent practice. It used to be that you got the LT Plat card when you no longer made the 75 nights to earn a "regular" Platinum, but I have been (annual) Platinum each year for many years, and recently I got a new card in the mail with PLATINUM ELITE LIFETIME on it (and no expiration date).

That's nice of them, but I hardly ever have to show the card when I check in, the front desk person pulls up my reservation and says, "Thank you for being Platinum, you're number's already in the reservation" or some such.

I may miss getting the annual "packet" that comes with the card each year, though.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:18 am

I have another one off exception about the points total. Do points that you transfer from United in their partnership also count in your lifetime balance?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by nova08
I have another one off exception about the points total. Do points that you transfer from United in their partnership also count in your lifetime balance?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-marriott.html
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:25 pm

Ah thanks, I searched in this thread and the main thread about the status benefits, but did not find this thread about the transfers.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Anyone have an idea how often the Lifetime points are updated on the website. I have had CC spend posted 9/26 and my Lifetime points have not changed.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
Anyone have an idea how often the Lifetime points are updated on the website. I have had CC spend posted 9/26 and my Lifetime points have not changed.
Wondering the same thing.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
Originally Posted by tbrein
Wondering the same thing.

My online total is correct as of the end of July. The total has not changed since I first saw Kingston's post in the other thread in mid-September. I suspect they put the number up before the finished the software to update it.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Michilander

My online total is correct as of the end of July. The total has not changed since I first saw Kingston's post in the other thread in mid-September. I suspect they put the number up before the finished the software to update it.
Mine's still at Pre-August levels. The lifetime nights number has accurately increased, but points are still off.
Unless someone knows someone in the firm they used to code this on the site, it's all speculation.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Can anyone confirm? Conflicting information in earlier posts...

If a significant other transfers points into your account to redeem a travel package, do the lifetime points of the person redeeming a travel package go up the amount of points transferred to redeem?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.