Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, UA 1K, MM
Though the listed benefits for the new LTP and LTPP aren't much different, it does seem like a kick in the pants to current SPG LTPs to not also be grandfathered to LTPP. Why not make all LTP in both programs LTPP? Yes, it will cost the new program some additional bonus points on future stays but it signifies to SPG LTPs that they are valued in the new program. To me, the differential treatment to SPG and MR LTP in the new program sends the message that legacy SPG plats are less valued than legacy MR plats. Is that really the message the new program wishes to send to a bunch of SPG loyalists?

If the concern is that this would be unfair to MR LTG (who are already receiving a very desirable boost to plat), then perhaps make a one-time assessment at the August transition of all MR and SPG members with LTG or LTP status who have a combined 750 or more nights in the two programs and have either 2M MR points or 10 years SPG platinum at the time of the August conversion.Perhaps those members could also be grandfathered to LTPP status. Though imperfect, it seems like that would be a fair way to reward very loyal members of both programs without discriminating based on the program through which their loyalty was primarily demonstrated.
TravelinSperry likes this.

Last edited by SoCal Flyer; Apr 16, 2018 at 11:34 pm Reason: typo
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
My question regarding LT status is how MR could've spent all of this time working to combine the programs, and yet still be unprepared to announce how LT status will shake out based on combined earnings of nights+points+years of status??
They’ve published the conversion from current status and criteria for the future based on combined. What is it you think you’re missing?

They didn’t announce a conversion from combined nights+points+years because there isn’t one. Future LT is based on combined nights and years.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Don't point purchases can't towards the LT points accumulation? At $10 per 1,000 points, I would personally make the purchase of the remaining points differential (probably in early July) in order to get granfathered into the LT PP level.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
It's pretty clear that merely holding lifetime status won't great the suite nights. They will be a perk from staying 50 and/or 75 nights.
WoodyWindy likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Giving someone a "lifetime" benefit of a tier without all related benefits is a bit cheap. It is also a means of devaluing the lifetime benefit. Obviously, this is something Marriott can decide. Equally well, I will make decisions where I will bring my business as a lifetime member.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by SoCal Flyer
Though the listed benefits for the new LTP and LTPP aren't much different, it does seem like a kick in the pants to current SPG LTPs to not also be grandfathered to LTPP. Why not make all LTP in both programs LTPP? Yes, it will cost the new program some additional bonus points on future stays but it signifies to SPG LTPs that they are valued in the new program. To me, the differential treatment to SPG and MR LTP in the new program sends the message that legacy SPG plats are less valued than legacy MR plats. Is that really the message the new program wishes to send to a bunch of SPG loyalists?

If the concern is that this would be unfair to MR LTG (who are already receiving a very desirable boost to plat)
If you ignore the names of the tiers, they're basically just mapping from what you had in the old program to the appropriate tier in the new program. MR LTG are not receiving a "very desirable boost to plat", they are receiving a mapping to the same 50-night tier equivalent that they more or less already had (which just happens to now be called "Platinum" instead of "Gold"). And from what I can tell, the benefits for existing SPG LTP in the new program look pretty similar at the new Platinum as well.
Segments likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CPRich
It's not the count of years since you first earned Platinum, it's the count of the number of years in which you earned Platinum in that year.
Maybe I'm just too dense, but this is the part that's confusing me. Will they count past years by status or by number of nights stayed?

Here's the example. If I had 10 years as Gold (and nights of >50 each year), and the required nights for the new LT Plat, will I get LT Gold or LT Plat in August? The new LT Plat status counts years where you stayed more than 50 nights. So it's clear going forward how they count, but not clear to me retroactively at the August conversion.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 5:43 am

Reading the announcement and threads, I'm trying to sum up:

If you are already lifetime MR Gold, you'll become New lifetime Plat.
If you are already lifetime SPG Plat, you'll become New lifetime Plat.
... or something like that. Bottom line, you'll more or less be status quo. 1 = 1.

The open question is...
There seems to be no indication of a recognition for the total COMBINED accumulation of both programs.
That is, if you are already lifetime MR Gold, AND already lifetime SPG Plat, you'll still only be New lifetime Plat, but no higher. 1 + 1 = 1.

So you could theoretically have a combined 20 years of the same elite status, and over 4 million combined points, and over 2000 combined nights, but will STILL only be New lifetime Plat (eg, old MR Gold or old SPG Plat).

Hopefully I have this all wrong. But otherwise, going forward under this scenario, I can see a New lifetime Plat with theoretically a much higher earned total of nights/points/years than a fresh New lifetime Plat Plus.

I have to think that with over two years of study prior to the current announcement this has been thought over and decided, so I'm sure I missed something.

Last edited by ronin; Apr 17, 2018 at 5:50 am
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by ronin
The open question is...
There seems to be no indication of a recognition for the total COMBINED accumulation of both programs.
That is, if you are already lifetime MR Gold, AND already lifetime SPG Plat, you'll still only be New lifetime Plat, but no higher. 1 + 1 = 1.
I don't think it's an open question... going forward there is no LT status above LT Plat, except for LT Plat Premier for those who are grandfathered into it. It's a bit weird that they're offering LTPP only as a grandfathered status, since you'd think as long as they're going to have to track it they may as well offer it as an incentive to stay post-LTP, however meager the additional benefits may be...
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
I guess I made a mistake not moving to another chain as there is nothing for those of us with high stays and points. I am over 3000 night and near 9M points. Maybe those us will be grandfathered to some special level.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by bennos
I don't think it's an open question... going forward there is no LT status above LT Plat, except for LT Plat Premier for those who are grandfathered into it. It's a bit weird that they're offering LTPP only as a grandfathered status, since you'd think as long as they're going to have to track it they may as well offer it as an incentive to stay post-LTP, however meager the additional benefits may be...
Interestingly, that would indicate that they essentially eliminated the top lifetime status:
If old SPG LT Plat = old MR LT Gold = New Combined LT Plat...

and old LT MR Plat = New LT Combined "Plat 'Plus' ..."

then essentially the old MR LT Plat = the New Combined MR LT Plat, plus some token mercy nominal benefit having minimal real life value.

The takeaway is that henceforth there will be no aspirational level beyond the old MR LT Gold.
In the old days, LT Gold could look forward to attaining LT Plat. Going forward, the motivation to reach the next LT rung will seemingly be diminshed.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
I am currently LTG. I have 845 nights and just at 1.9mm points. Am I correct in understanding that on August 1 they will combine the points and nights from SPG and MR, converting 1 SPG point into 3 MR points? If so, I am thinking of getting the SPG CC with the 25k bonus for spend. That combined with the 20k points I have in SPG should easily put me over the 2mm point. If my assumptions are correct and these points combine in August, since I would be LTP before 12/31/18 would I be a LTP or LTPP? Any clarity would help. Thanks
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
There is a possibility that Marriott adds during the next two-five years a Lifetime Platinum Premier level as highest in the new program with requirements of approx.800 to 1000 nights+10 Platinum years combined. Most,if not all SPG LTP are pissed off and will give their thoughts about the current decision. That voice must be heard!
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Oh yuck, these are bad changes. Time to hit it hard this year to get LT status under the old rules. And Marriott really needs to start showing 'year in tier' kind of information.
WoodyWindy likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by ncgator
I am currently LTG. I have 845 nights and just at 1.9mm points. Am I correct in understanding that on August 1 they will combine the points and nights from SPG and MR, converting 1 SPG point into 3 MR points? If so, I am thinking of getting the SPG CC with the 25k bonus for spend. That combined with the 20k points I have in SPG should easily put me over the 2mm point. If my assumptions are correct and these points combine in August, since I would be LTP before 12/31/18 would I be a LTP or LTPP? Any clarity would help. Thanks
Nope. They are not combining points for lifetime status determination. In your case, I would do whatever you can to get to the 2 million MR points before August 1. Then you would be LTP and get grandfathered in to LTPP. Otherwise, you will simply be LTP (from your LTG).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.