Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer

1.6 Million points for lifetime gold
2 Million for lifetime plat
2.4 Million for lifetime plat 50
2.8 Million for lifetime plat 75
3.2 Million for lifetime plat 100
For what it's worth, SPG claimed to me that they do not track lifetime points nor do they have anyway of figuring out what my lifetime point earn has been.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by billycwhatup
For what it's worth, SPG claimed to me that they do not track lifetime points nor do they have anyway of figuring out what my lifetime point earn has been.
Others have reported that they've gotten a lifetime point total, so I'm going to guess you were just given bad info by a misinformed CSR.
Dave
Old Oct 12, 2016, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I do believe they do. You may have connected with a CSR that didn't want to do the work.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
My LT balance is 800k points, accumulated from multiple sources. Is it fair to say that my LT balance won't dip below 800k, as long as I don't transfer these points out of my account?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by eethan
My LT balance is 800k points, accumulated from multiple sources. Is it fair to say that my LT balance won't dip below 800k, as long as I don't transfer these points out of my account?
Yup!
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM , AS MVPG , MR LTT, Hilton Dia
Due to all those years of year-end night rollovers, I would venture that most people are further ahead on nights than points. If the new lifetime status drops the point requirement, that will be a big bonus to most of us.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Major G
Due to all those years of year-end night rollovers, I would venture that most people are further ahead on nights than points. If the new lifetime status drops the point requirement, that will be a big bonus to most of us.
It would also increase the number of people in the LT program. If I had to venture a guess (since this is FT... and esp with the SPG LTers coming), they would probably make it harder in the future to get LT (i.e. increase the qualifications).
Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by eethan
Actually unknown... It has not been announced what we will end up with as a loyalty program once the programs have been merged. Will it be MR or SPG, or will they create a hybrid program of the two or totally different? That is unknown at this time. We can speculate all we want, the final say will be from the future program.

We can speculate what we will end up with, but that's all it is at this time, speculation. MR/SPG (MPG?) is working on what the program should look like and how are current status will merge with the new program. As I have advised people in the past, if you can burn your points now, do so. They will never be worth as much as they do today.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I was told the same thing! I used the Platinum chat feature to try to get LT totals for mine & my husband's accounts. I guess we will call and see if we get a better answer.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Major G
I don't know about that. I would expect that a lot of people who are hitting rollovers year after year are business travelers who book the more expensive rooms. "Expensive" not meaning suites but ordinary rooms in business areas mid-week. For example, many of the hotels I stay at for $70-100/night pre-tax on leisure weekend trips go for double or triple the rate Mon-Wed nights.

Overall my nights-to-points ratio is pretty much proportionate with the LT Gold and Plat requirements. That includes a few dozen of rollover nights plus plenty of nights from churning the CCs. And I rarely book the $300+/night rooms that many frequent business travelers do. If I were still doing that kind of travel I'd be over the LT Plat line on points while still catching up on nights.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I don't know about that. I would expect that a lot of people who are hitting rollovers year after year are business travelers who book the more expensive rooms. "Expensive" not meaning suites but ordinary rooms in business areas mid-week. For example, many of the hotels I stay at for $70-100/night pre-tax on leisure weekend trips go for double or triple the rate Mon-Wed nights.
Depends on the kind of properties one tends to stay at. I am at 600+ nights, but less than 1M points. I attribute this to my affinity for RI and TPS properties (not to mention gov't rates). I never really was one to pay much attention to hotel points, so for the longest time I didn't even realize I was only accumulating half points (5/$ vs. 10/$). And even had I realized, I wouldn't likely have cared much until I started thinking about lifetime status. Too late now, I'd likely have to win some kind of points sweepstakes to hit 2M (esp with these lame-arse "promos" going on these days)...
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Talking Life Time Gold

*** Duplicated deleted ***

Last edited by Wickersley; Oct 20, 2016 at 3:44 am
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Talking Life Time Gold

My 500th night has just posted ^

(Fittingly from the Marriott Budapest - where I spend much of my Marriott stays)

1,821,226 points (all stays/bonuses no CC), now the slow drag to LTP (assuming it still exists by the time I reach 750 nights or whatever the new qualification criteria is)
Old Oct 20, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Were you speaking to a Sr. IT person? What you were told likely meant that the phone agent with whom you were speaking did not have that data on his/her display. SPG likely has a bunch of data that's not available to phone agents that their programmers could make available in necessary. No phone agent would likely know everything that is being collected but not presently shared.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by edcho
It would also increase the number of people in the LT program. If I had to venture a guess (since this is FT... and esp with the SPG LTers coming), they would probably make it harder in the future to get LT (i.e. increase the qualifications).
You are basing you guess on what? A few years ago, Marriott made it easier to get LT by lowering the number of nights needed and eliminating the ten years of membership requirement. There has been no indication that Marriott has been unhappy with the reduced requirement or has a plan to go back to the tougher requirement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.