Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Also to note: Starwood does not allow promotional nights (like from CC) to count toward lifetime status..
Old Oct 22, 2012, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Well hopefully this stays the same for a while... as I'm still 2yrs off from the membership requirement, but have already hit the lifetime gold nights/points requirement and working towards lifetime plat now.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Marriott already confirmed it will change come renewal time. It's all speculation "how" it will change.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 8:07 am

fyi: I spoke to marriott rewards rep today who confirmed I'm lifetime. she said she'll request a new card which shows Valid Thru instead of exp date. From other's experience (waiting a few weeks) this sounds to easy but we'll see.

Either way feels good to be in before the change, as I learned my lesson from AA.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Just hit 1800 nights

I hope that they have lifetime PP for 2000 nights in the new program.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:37 pm

Just passed my final threshold (1000 nights) last month. About 2 weeks later, I received a "Platinum Elite Lifetime" MR card in the mail.

I'll cross the SPG Lifetime Platinum in January. It will be nice not having to worry about so many nights in this chain or that chain again.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by welookgood.com
Marriott already confirmed it will change come renewal time. It's all speculation "how" it will change.
cite?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 6:31 am

A few pages back in the thread:
Marriott Facebook Website:
"Lifetime status is a combination of years at level, total nights and total spend. If you can be a bit patient - we're conducting analysis right now to confirm whether our criteria is appropriately set. The goal is to be absolutely explicit about how one achieves Lifetime status and we'll communicate it during the renewal timeframe (your membership is valid until the end of February). Thanks for your interest!"

What that means till Feb is speculation. This is the same group that said they were removing buy 1 get 1 free benefit to enhance it, and took it away. Who knows? Look at what AA did..
Old Oct 23, 2012, 7:51 am

A few pages back in the thread:
Marriott Facebook Website:
"Lifetime status is a combination of years at level, total nights and total spend. If you can be a bit patient - we're conducting analysis right now to confirm whether our criteria is appropriately set. The goal is to be absolutely explicit about how one achieves Lifetime status and we'll communicate it during the renewal timeframe (your membership is valid until the end of February). Thanks for your interest!"

What that means till Feb is speculation. This is the same group that said they were removing buy 1 get 1 free benefit to enhance it, and took it away. Who knows? Look at what AA did..
I am not sure you can compare AA's MM program and Marriott's current Lifetime program. AA's was one of the most generous if not the most generous program out there and I believe they curtailed it to align more with competitors. If I am not mistaken, Marriott's Lifetime program is one of the toughest out there and if they make it any tougher it may put them at more of a disadvantage when it comes to top tier elites.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:23 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nova08
If I am not mistaken, Marriott's Lifetime program is one of the toughest out there and if they make it any tougher it may put them at more of a disadvantage when it comes to top tier elites.
Actually, I thought Marriott was just about the only big program with a lifetime status. Now that other programs have followed suit, they may be looking at changing to align it more with competitors.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:33 am

Marriott's lifetime program is not that tough at all. They count credit card/rollover nights and you only need to make Plat once (and it could be via a challenge). You can easily get an extra 20-50 nights a year toward status. Let's say one yr you stay 150 nights and have the cc. With rollover, cc nights and spend, you are looking at 250 nights.

Starwood requires 500 nights but doesn't allow promotional nights. So it's 50 nights X 10 yrs of plat = 500.

Perhaps fairer for Marriot would be 750 nights(75 *10) with NO PROMOTIONAL NIGHTS allowed (no CC, rollover, etc) along with 5-10 yrs of making Platinum

Last edited by welookgood.com; Oct 23, 2012 at 8:38 am
Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:59 am

Marriott's lifetime program is not that tough at all. They count credit card/rollover nights and you only need to make Plat once (and it could be via a challenge). You can easily get an extra 20-50 nights a year toward status. Let's say one yr you stay 150 nights and have the cc. With rollover, cc nights and spend, you are looking at 250 nights.

Starwood requires 500 nights but doesn't allow promotional nights. So it's 50 nights X 10 yrs of plat = 500.

Perhaps fairer for Marriot would be 750 nights(75 *10) with NO PROMOTIONAL NIGHTS allowed (no CC, rollover, etc) along with 5-10 yrs of making Platinum
Marriott requires 12 years in the program (or is it 10). Let's say you have your mid-high frequency Plat at 100 nights/year. With rollover that's 125 nights and let's say he has the CC with 15 elite nights and earns an additional 5 elite nights with the CC so that's 145/year. That's 7 1/2 years to hit Plat and that does not account for the points requirement. I've only traveled heavily for 3 years and am just over 1 million pts, at that pace it's 9 years for Plat.

For SPG the 500 nights can easily be attainable in 5-7 years for the high frequency Plat but it is the 10 years as a Plat that puts it closer in line with Marriott. However, SPG Lifetime Gold is easily attainable for any mid frequency traveler and where Marriott is tougher. 800 nights for Marriott vs. 250, 2 million pts vs. no point requirement.

Now, I'm not saying lifetime status should be easy I'm just saying relatively speaking Marriott is already tough.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Marriott requires 12 years in the program (or is it 10). Let's say you have your mid-high frequency Plat at 100 nights/year. With rollover that's 125 nights and let's say he has the CC with 15 elite nights and earns an additional 5 elite nights with the CC so that's 145/year. That's 7 1/2 years to hit Plat and that does not account for the points requirement. I've only traveled heavily for 3 years and am just over 1 million pts, at that pace it's 9 years for Plat.

For SPG the 500 nights can easily be attainable in 5-7 years for the high frequency Plat but it is the 10 years as a Plat that puts it closer in line with Marriott. However, SPG Lifetime Gold is easily attainable for any mid frequency traveler and where Marriott is tougher. 800 nights for Marriott vs. 250, 2 million pts vs. no point requirement.

Now, I'm not saying lifetime status should be easy I'm just saying relatively speaking Marriott is already tough.
well it is a privilege not a right just because one stays a few times rather based on REAL Loyalty.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:23 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
However, SPG Lifetime Gold is easily attainable for any mid frequency traveler and where Marriott is tougher. 800 nights for Marriott vs. 250, 2 million pts vs. no point requirement.
Note that Gold with SPG doesn't really get you much. Gold with Marriott gets you probably the 2 most "important" or at least most visible benefits (i.e. upgrades and lounge access). So personally, I would expect that SPG could hand out Gold status with much easier requirements than would Marriott.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:49 am

Its only 2 Million pts for Plat. Not 3 million

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.