Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by FindAWay
Anyone else purposely waiting to link SPG & MR like me -- specifically because they're looking to get the MR rollover nights awarded in 2017 to count towards LT status before linking?

I have MR Gold & SPG Gold (Amex Plat). I will not re-qualify for MR Gold again this year (I'll probably end in the 30s) and I had no rollover nights to start this year (soft landing from MR Plat). But, with the Amex Plat, I should be able to get SPG Gold again next year (Amex ending this benefit is the primary risk in my plan). I have no planned Marriott stays 2017Q1 (so, I'm okay dropping to Silver for a while).

So, my plan is to drop to Silver after this year to get 20+ rollover nights and have those count for my LT MR status. Then, once those hit, link my SPG (Gold) to MR and get MR Gold again next year.
If you are gold in both programs then linking your accounts will have no effect on rollovers. Regardless what you drop to next year, you will need more than 50 nights this year with MR to get any rollover nights in 2017. If you are playing the game for 2018, that's a real gamble what's going to be available.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by RogerD408
If you are gold in both programs then linking your accounts will have no effect on rollovers. Regardless what you drop to next year, you will need more than 50 nights this year with MR to get any rollover nights in 2017. If you are playing the game for 2018, that's a real gamble what's going to be available.
Thanks for the clarification - that the rollover calculation involves only the nights earned in excess of the number of nights needed to renew status. So, yeah, probably not worth me waiting to link accounts.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DL DM & 2MM
Would love to see Marriott offer some sort of lifetime status gifting program once you achieve 2/3x the requirements for your own LT status. I'm already well over 3x in points and will likely hit 3x in nights over the next 2-3 years. My parents are nearing retirement and it would be a great gift to surprise them with to enjoy the good life during their golden years.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 9:35 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kklems
Currently I believe that if a spouse transfers MR points to the other spouse's account it raised the lifetime points status of the account transferred to and lowered the lifetime points of the account transferred from.

I also believe that currently spg to MR point transfers DO NOT count towards LT status on MR (at least so far from other threads)

Has anyone converted SPG-->MR points and than transferred those points to a spouse? Do those points count towards LT points?
Has anyone confirmed this? Would be great to convert SPG to MR and then transfer to spouse for LT status.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by padirescu
Would love to see Marriott offer some sort of lifetime status gifting program once you achieve 2/3x the requirements for your own LT status. I'm already well over 3x in points and will likely hit 3x in nights over the next 2-3 years. My parents are nearing retirement and it would be a great gift to surprise them with to enjoy the good life during their golden years.
if you ask Marriott, maybe they will let you transfer your Lifetime to them.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Originally Posted by MileKing
Has anyone confirmed this? Would be great to convert SPG to MR and then transfer to spouse for LT status.
This is a strategy I am waiting to hear if it is successful as well!
Old Dec 30, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by padirescu
No. No. No. No. No.

With all due respect to your parents, there are already too many elites. We don't need to start minting more from gifted status.

Marriott needs to purge all this nonsense with rollover nights, the gamesmanship from "meetings", rewards plus and credit cards and make top tier status meaningful (like ... *ahem* ...SPG). As a Platinum Premier with 100 BIB nights this year it's ridiculous that I have to beg for an upgrade, which gets denied 90% of the time.

If everyone is elite, no one is elite.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 8:14 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TommyC80
No. No. No. No. No.

With all due respect to your parents, there are already too many elites. We don't need to start minting more from gifted status.

Marriott needs to purge all this nonsense with rollover nights, the gamesmanship from "meetings", rewards plus and credit cards and make top tier status meaningful (like ... *ahem* ...SPG). As a Platinum Premier with 100 BIB nights this year it's ridiculous that I have to beg for an upgrade, which gets denied 90% of the time.

Agreed.
I would like to see the requirements for lifetime status increased it's becoming very easy to get lifetime status with all the tricks to get night credits and all the credit card and points bonuses.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 12:09 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by sammyindc
Agreed.
I would like to see the requirements for lifetime status increased it's becoming very easy to get lifetime status with all the tricks to get night credits and all the credit card and points bonuses.
I think they should make the top tier 1,000 lifetime nights - especially since Starwood members are likely to be combined alongside Marriott. They'll have to grandfather people but no reason not to raise the bar going forward. More likely though is to create a new tier above 750 at 1,000 (which pisses people off less than raising the bar). I always do hate too many tiers however, 3 is enough.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I think they should make the top tier 1,000 lifetime nights
It was 1k nights for LTP until a few years ago, and the lifetime points requirement was also higher. I remember it very well, because when they lowered the requirement I was sitting at something like 748 nights and 1.98m lifetime points. It took about four more stays for me to become LTP after the rule change.

Personally, I think the next level should be 1.5k nights and 4m lifetime points. I'm not sure what the guest benefits should be at that level, however doubling the LTP requirement seems like a good next level.

But...

This is a marketing tool designed to encourage people to stay at hotels, not to reward past stays. It's not about making us feel special, it's about Marriott getting our money. Once someone has stayed thousands of nights, is there really that much more business to earn from that guest? Apparently Marriott's research indicates they get maximum marketing benefit by setting LTP at 750 nights and 2m points.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by TommyC80
No. No. No. No. No.

I find it hard to believe that you are denied 90% of the time...wow. I always ask and I get upgrades at least 70% of the time, and I travel in the US, Europe and also Asia.

I often email the hotels in advance, as its very easy to get concierge emails via marriotts twitter page. Why don't you try this strategy?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by sammyindc
Agreed.
I don't know that I would want to see the requirements increased in terms of nights/points required, but Marriott could easily borrow a page out of United's playbook; on UA, only actual miles accrued aboard United-liveried aircraft count towards lifetime miles (and no fare or elite bonuses are counted - strictly the miles actually flown).

I kind of like that reward stays count towards yearly elite status, but maybe strip those out of lifetime nights? I suspect the meeting facility nights thing will soon die a quiet death (simply because I fail to see where Marriott is likely to be profiting significantly from the program), but if not, then those could be stripped out of LT as well. Something similar could be done with points if they really wanted to stem the tide (although I probably wouldn't be supportive of this, as there's a pretty strong points bias against those of us who stay in a lot of RI and TPS).
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
I suspect the meeting facility nights thing will soon die a quiet death (simply because I fail to see where Marriott is likely to be profiting significantly from the program), but if not, then those could be stripped out of LT as well.
That's because you only see the "rewarding events" program used by folks who are working the system in order to earn status at the lowest cost possible. Some folks are actually planning real events, booking meeting space and large blocks of guest rooms. And you can be darned sure that Marriott values their business.

Someone who stays 45 nights personally, but also books three events with the smallest room block available (10 rooms for 1 night) has created 75 nights of revenue for Marriott. And if their events are larger or longer than the minimum, they have created over 75 nights of revenue. A MR member who stays for 45 nights and books three mid size events is more valuable to Marriott than than most other members who have 75 nights butt in bed. Marriott would be stupid to discourage their loyalty.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
I fell a night short of being platinum, but I am platinum for life already. This is the first year I have fell short since making lifetime.
I see that lifetime Marriott status doesn't transfer to SPG. So, how will my status display on Marriott? Gold or Platinum since I was lifetime plat? And will that show for SPG status as well or will it be Gold?

Between the two programs, I had over 110 nights as I was close to plat on both.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by lexdevil
That's because you only see the "rewarding events" program used by folks who are working the system in order to earn status at the lowest cost possible. Some folks are actually planning real events, booking meeting space and large blocks of guest rooms. And you can be darned sure that Marriott values their business.

Someone who stays 45 nights personally, but also books three events with the smallest room block available (10 rooms for 1 night) has created 75 nights of revenue for Marriott. And if their events are larger or longer than the minimum, they have created over 75 nights of revenue. A MR member who stays for 45 nights and books three mid size events is more valuable to Marriott than than most other members who have 75 nights butt in bed. Marriott would be stupid to discourage their loyalty.
My apologies. Noted. (And so perhaps they will clamp this down to folks who actually produce the kind of revenue that you and your kind do - all really just speculation and musing on my part in any event.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.