Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Safti
I was told by an agent last night that LTPP will be getting suite upgrades without the requirement of doing the actual 75 nights. I take this with a grain of salt because she too had lots of questions.
Unfortunately, many CSRs will make up rules to get you off the phone. Although this would be very nice, I doubt it will happen as well.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: MAR TE ... UA PS
Originally Posted by thinze3
I have 571 nights and 1.4mil points with Marriott. I am 200K points away from being LT Gold under the current system and LT Platinum under the new system. I will have the required points in my account before the end of the year to reach LT Gold, but probably not before August without a miracle.

Question to you guys, do I have to reach the 1.6mil points level before August to be LT Gold under the current system and then LT Platinum under the new system? Or do I have until the end of the year to obtain the points needed reach 1.6mil and then become LT Platinum under the new system?

I read back several pages. Sorry if this has been answered already.
Bump
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
To argue for SPG LTP between 500 and 750 nights to have some pathway to (even eventual) LTPP, I as but one example altered my stay patterns after the merger was announced to experience more of the Marriott portfolio, and ended up staying nearly 100 nights on the Marriott side in the past year or two. I'm currently just over 600 nights on the SPG side, but if the Marriott nights are added in at 8/1/18 from the past couple of years, I will likely have over 750 nights. I recognize that there are many people in their own unique situations, but I would have 100% kept all of my nights on the Starwood side for the last two years if I knew that 750 within SPG only was the threshold for this new status. It's not for the name or prestige of LTPP, there are real implications in terms of suite upgrades (very important when traveling with family), and seemingly the United partnership which may only be at the 75-night level.

Absolutely still holding out hope that the thoughtful Marriott leaders reading these threads will yet announce some modifications or clarifications that improve the outlook for those on the SPG LTP side.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by jrothenb
To argue for SPG LTP between 500 and 750 nights to have some pathway to (even eventual) LTPP, I as but one example altered my stay patterns after the merger was announced to experience more of the Marriott portfolio, and ended up staying nearly 100 nights on the Marriott side in the past year or two. I'm currently just over 600 nights on the SPG side, but if the Marriott nights are added in at 8/1/18 from the past couple of years, I will likely have over 750 nights. I recognize that there are many people in their own unique situations, but I would have 100% kept all of my nights on the Starwood side for the last two years if I knew that 750 within SPG only was the threshold for this new status. It's not for the name or prestige of LTPP, there are real implications in terms of suite upgrades (very important when traveling with family), and seemingly the United partnership which may only be at the 75-night level.

Absolutely still holding out hope that the thoughtful Marriott leaders reading these threads will yet announce some modifications or clarifications that improve the outlook for those on the SPG LTP side.
Do not expect MR to react to FT postings. Make direct contact (with both MR & SPG) and hope your call gets escalated to someone that can/will make a decision. FT is a very small percentage of the total membership in any program, venting here is just that and is not likely to result in any action.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by padirescu
While I see your point about the asterisk, that chart is specific to benefits achieved at each level during a calendar year based on nights stayed (Silver through Ambassador). If you achieve that level through lifetime status each year I think there still needs to be clarification from Marriott on this topic. If the suite nights aren't awarded to LT PP then the only real benefit difference between LT Plat and LT PP would be a 25% point bonus and 48 hour guarantee which aren't very significant for someone who has achieved that status and is no longer traveling enough to achieve the night thresholds. For someone who has effectively achieved LT Plat 3 times over based on current threshold requirements I believe rewarding LT members with ALL benefits of their associated level is appropriate. I'm sure we'll get clarity eventually but my hope is Marriott does right by their most loyal customers who have achieved these levels.
I'm surprised at the upheaval reading through these posts to make LTPP over LTP. Like you pointed out there's just a couple of small benefits (2.5 extra pts per dollar and 48 hr guarantee) that separates the two. I guess you could argue the higher status would 'win out' when trying to get a complimentary upgrade, but overall there is such a small difference between the two statuses esp if you don't get the extra 5 suite night awards a year.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Unfortunately, many CSRs will make up rules to get you off the phone. Although this would be very nice, I doubt it will happen as well.
Or are just uninformed. Honestly, the communications are badly worded with confusing phrasing.

If the Suite Night Awards in the combined program function like they did under SPG (highly highly likely), then they will not be given to lifetime members unless they actually hit the 50/75 nights threshold in a given year.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian320
I'm surprised at the upheaval reading through these posts to make LTPP over LTP. Like you pointed out there's just a couple of small benefits (2.5 extra pts per dollar and 48 hr guarantee) that separates the two. I guess you could argue the higher status would 'win out' when trying to get a complimentary upgrade, but overall there is such a small difference between the two statuses esp if you don't get the extra 5 suite night awards a year.
It's what I call the "brass ring" syndrome. For those old enough to remember (and that's this age group) the days when merry-go-rounds had a shute dispensing rings to throw at the clown. If you got the brass ring then you got a second run on the ride. It's the same here. As long as there is a higher tier there are people that will strive to get it even for very minimal benefit. Imagine the furor if a chain offered waived resort fees for every 10 nights after 100! The cost to get there would far outweigh the fee, but as they said in Field of Dreams, "If you build it, they will come".

Just look at all the posts about today's PP status. It's a moving target yet many strive, and are proud, when they earn it. But what do they get? Almost nothing.
mikeef and FlyinHawaiian320 like this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
For me, Plt Premier 75 offer very minimal benefit

other than higher point earn, the other benefits is not really useful for me.

48 hours room guarantee and extra 5sna

hotel “might” treat plt premier better, but then its something that quite dubious as some hotel even think current plt is a liabilities due to late checkout.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by kaizen7

hotel “might” treat plt premier better, but then its something that quite dubious as some hotel even think current plt is a liabilities due to late checkout.
Didn't I see somewhere also that PP/new PP75 will get you United Silver going forward vs. nothing for Plat 50?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Michilander
The points should be added to her LT total when transferred in, the subtracted back out when she transfers them to you.
The points would be coming directly from her SPG account. That doesn't increment the LT total.

So she could have 270,000 redeemable MR points in her account, but 0 LT points.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pinniped
The points would be coming directly from her SPG account. That doesn't increment the LT total.

So she could have 270,000 redeemable MR points in her account, but 0 LT points.
Yes, but you don't "transfer" LT points, you transfer points that would cause a negative LT for her and a positive for him.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NWAsilvELITE
Didn't I see somewhere also that PP/new PP75 will get you United Silver going forward vs. nothing for Plat 50?
I haven't read it explicitly yet, but this is what I'm expecting.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kaizen7

I totally agree. I don't think PP is useful for many people as you will need to pay a premium to utilize the 48-hour guarantee.

The way they came up with so many levels is laughable. They are just trying to keep SPG customers in the comfort zone. When implementing these different levels, I bet there will be so much confusion across the properties and PP will not likely be treated better than P.

If LT P or LT PP members don't get those suite upgrades automatically, then LT P is the sweet spot with lounge access. That's it.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: United Lifetime Plat 2 million, Starwood Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold 75k
Do any other lifetime Marriott Golds feel Marriott has moved the goal posts?

Marriott and Starwood announced the acquisition on November 16th, 2015, which is about 2 and half years before they announced the combined program on Monday.

Have any Marriot Lifetime Golds shifted their stay pattern to SPG in anticipation that the combined program would count towards lifetime status? Do they now feel shafted that these stays do not count toward Lifetime Premier Platinum? If they had known this, would they have continued with Marriott instead of SPG? Everything they did, especially the status matching, indicated they would recognize stays and points across both programs.

I am in this situation and I really feel like Marriott has moved the goal posts and been completely unfair. If my SPG nights/points from the date of the merger announcement counted, I would easily be a lifetime premier platinum and now I am stuck having to cancel all my upcoming SPG stays, move to Marriott, book meeting rooms, etc.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:26 pm

Why I think LTPP might actually be worth it:

- United partnership. I'm in the camp that believes new Plat 50's won't get it.
- Insulation against future benefit devaluations, such as limiting "regular" Plats' lounge access or breakfast options.
- Now that the level is formalized, more hotels may actually prioritize it for upgrades. It didn't mean anything before, but it very well could in the future.
- Possibly the 48-hour guarantee, although the heritage-Marriott brands seemed to always "game" this benefit. Not sure about Starwood... I did invoke it as a Plat in Seattle and San Francisco for good hotels at fair rates (high-ish, but not absurd). Also got rejected by all sorts of small-town Courtyards and Fairfields that weren't within 500 miles of any major global event that would warrant an exemption from the rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.