Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to dcchi: "Whenever we do staycations in downtown Chicago, we use the ParkWhiz app to find parking. Normally pretty substantial savings off of hotel parking rates and even minor savings (and sometimes more) off of garage posted rates. If you're willing to walk one or a few blocks, this works well."
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2015, 3:22 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Happy to pay it forward.

Also as a nice bonus, points just posted. Don't know why as we were told (and fine with) it not being a points-earning rate but I won't look a points horse in the mouth. Nor, of course, will I mind it when they probably get backed out.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If anyone is in Chicago June 11th & rates are decent, you might want to stay at the Renaissance Chicago Downtown. Saw this on the Marriott website:

http://news.marriott.com/2015/06/the...formation.html

The Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel to Host Block Party to Celebrate $22 Million Transformation
Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel Will Feature Live Performances by Robin Thicke, Natalie La Rose And Hxlt On June 11, 2015

For tickets to The Happiest Hour block party and concert, RSVP to Www.RenChicagoRSVP.com Live concert is from 7pm-10pm.

* Sharon's note: no idea if you have to be a guest to attend the concert or can rsvp w/o a room ressie.

Renaissance Hotels will unveil the much buzzed about transformation of the Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel with The Happiest Hour block party on June 11 as part of the lifestyle brand’s fourth annual GlobalDay of Discovery, where all 160 Renaissance hotels around the globe will host events to help guests and locals experience new discoveries within the city. Headlining the Chicago event will be live, outdoor performances lining the Chicago River by Grammy Award-nominated singer-songwriter Robin Thicke, R & B newcomer Natalie La Rose, and HXLT.

Renaissance Block Party
Situated on the banks of the Chicago River, the Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel partnered with The Gettys Group to capture a spirit of wanderlust that inspires guests to explore the neighborhood and discover the unexpected. Indigenous touch points are infused into the design of the new Lobby, Marriott Rewards® Elite Club Lounge, The Artist Studio, Staytion Market and Bar, and The Library to capture the high energy, whimsical character and ebullience of Chicago. A high-low design approach pairs luxurious high-end finishes with raw, gritty, concrete and graffiti-inspired surfaces. Experiential works of art by homegrown artists are placed to intrigue; CTA bus-inspired windows from the early 1900s serve as a gateway into the chef’s display kitchen at Staytion Market and Bar; wallpaper and elevator lobby artwork illustrate the Chicago “L” map, immersing guests in the heart of the city’s transportation system; a specially commissioned artwork made of colored pencils melds into a local taxicab and even the lobby pillars are works of art, each featuring local images, which when viewed at a certain vantage point blends together harmoniously to form a single scene, encouraging guests to change their perspective and to look – and look again.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jun 2, 2015 at 10:49 am
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:58 pm

Best downtown Chicago hotel - Gold status

Hey all...planning a trip to Chicago with my husband and 2 kids. Husband has never been, and it's been about 6-7 years since I've been back. Want to stay downtown and give the hubby the full "downtown" experience.

I would like to be right in the middle of everything, realizing we will be doing some walking anyway. I also have gold status, so would like to take advantage of all it offers- particularly the concierge lounge.

I think I have it narrowed down to the Renaissance Blackwell and the JW Marriott; but would be open to any other suggestions. Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold. Usually WN or DL if in the air.
Originally Posted by HeHel331
Hey all...planning a trip to Chicago with my husband and 2 kids. Husband has never been, and it's been about 6-7 years since I've been back. Want to stay downtown and give the hubby the full "downtown" experience.

I would like to be right in the middle of everything, realizing we will be doing some walking anyway. I also have gold status, so would like to take advantage of all it offers- particularly the concierge lounge.

I think I have it narrowed down to the Renaissance Blackwell and the JW Marriott; but would be open to any other suggestions. Thanks in advance!
For me, the most "fun" part of downtown Chicago is north of the river,IMHO. The Blackstone is a bit far south in that regard, and the JW is very much in the non-touristy heart of the financial/office district. Overall my go-to is the Ren Downtown primarily because it's convenient to all L lines and I like the rooms better than the Marriott Downtown Mag Mile. I am usually down there on weekends so I can't speak to the CL offerings.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by mizzou65201
For me, the most "fun" part of downtown Chicago is north of the river,IMHO. The Blackstone is a bit far south in that regard, and the JW is very much in the non-touristy heart of the financial/office district. Overall my go-to is the Ren Downtown primarily because it's convenient to all L lines and I like the rooms better than the Marriott Downtown Mag Mile.
+1
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by HeHel331

First, Welcome to Flyertalk!

I agree with the others re: being north of the river if you want to be in the middle of everything, and that the Ren gets good reviews by FTers.

Will your stay be during the week or on the weekend? Most Chicago hotels exec lounges are closed on the weekend, so you might want to check this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13849211-post1.html

Also, in addition to the full-service properties near the river you might want to check out the Springhill Suites or Residence Inn if prices are similar. A bit more room & also free breakfast for everyone. The full service properties such as Marriott or Ren normally offer cont'l breakfast coupons for elite+1. Some might offer it for the kids; some might not. You'd need to check.

Enjoy your trip. Also, please note that Flyertalk has a Chicago forum if you have questions on things to do, places to eat, etc.

Chicago Forum

Cheers.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Just stayed at the Mag Mile Marriott for 5 nights and I would avoid if other options are available.

Little things like not responding to virtual concierge, outdated old rooms, real stingy with towels (2 per room for 2 adults taking multiple showers a day), long slow lines at the marketplace for coffee, lounge closed 9:30 am Friday, loud construction noise, door keys constantly not working, no refrigerators in room or available for rent.

Spent one night in a "special" updated room before moving for noise, no desk, no couch or chair (just an odd looking bench against a wall), no luggage rack. I hope this isn't the future of Marriott rooms...
Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by joshua362

Spent one night in a "special" updated room before moving for noise, no desk, no couch or chair (just an odd looking bench against a wall), no luggage rack. I hope this isn't the future of Marriott rooms...
Actually there's a long thread re: that & it indeed may be the (unfortunate) future. The thread even made TalkMail.

Cheers.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Also, in addition to the full-service properties near the river you might want to check out the Springhill Suites or Residence Inn if prices are similar. A bit more room & also free breakfast for everyone.
I'll add that the views from the higher floors at this hotel (SHS and RI share a building with each floor being part RI and part SHS) are the best of any of the downtown Marriott family hotels, as long as you are facing the city, and the location is very good.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:21 am

Just read an article that the Marriott Lincolnshire Resort is being sold, but it will stay a Marriott.

Cheers.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:46 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Ritz Carlton!!!
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by t1c
Ritz Carlton!!!
There's a thread on it:

Ritz Carlton Chicago

Cheers.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:32 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
There's a thread on it:

Ritz Carlton Chicago

Cheers.
Yes that's kind of why I mentioned it...
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
FS Chicago Northwest

Did a search through this thread dating back to 2010 without any luck.

I will be staying at the FS Chicago Northwest in Hoffman Estates. Any reviews, comments about this property? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Originally Posted by lucycan
The Ren on the river is a great hotel in a great location but the rooms are very dated.
Not anymore. They finished their entire remodel in April, which was ongoing since the Fall. The rooms are all updated now and you probably wouldn't even recognize the lobby, it's completely redone. I recommend it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.