Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Chicago Ritz Carlton [Master Thread]

Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium

Just saw this posted on the luxury hotels board:

"On July 31, 2015, Four Seasons will be concluding its management of The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel). Effective August 1, 2015, the Hotel will become a full participant in the Ritz-Carlton system. This means that the Hotel will no longer be a Ritz-Carlton in name only, but it will be a part of the Ritz-Carlton family of hotels."

Could be a new interesting option.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Excellent!! Thank you for the heads up. Stayed here once hears ago and would love to go back with Ritz Carlton benefits, club upgrade from Ritz card...
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:40 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Top-shelf property. It will be good to have it fully in the RC family.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Gold, Nat'l Exec, Amex Plat
That's awesome news.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Great news for sure!
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:01 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
15 more days!!!
Old Jul 16, 2015, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Maybe this is in the other post (I couldn't find the link), but looks like Sage will do the management under the RC-Marriott side.

Extensive renovation to come, but no ownership change of the hotel itself (just the management change aforementioned).

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/reale...ive-renovation

Rasheed
Old Jul 31, 2015, 10:34 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
You can officially book the Ritz in Chicago via the Marriott website!
Old Aug 1, 2015, 8:47 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
It seems there are no club rooms.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:51 pm
t1c

Originally Posted by cbellero
It seems there are no club rooms.
I think they carried over all the 4 season's reservations...
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Official press release about it being live/part of Marriott now:

http://news.marriott.com/2015/08/thi...el-system.html

Noticed in the release the following:

"The hotel will undergo an extensive renovation of its public space and guest rooms over the next two years."
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
looking at staying here in December, but it looks like no points stays are available. however, base rooms (city view room) are available to book. I thought there are no black-out dates when using points? Is this not the case at this property?

has anyone else had issues booking this property since the conversion?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Ritz Carlton Chicago

The Ritz-Carlton Chicago

Map| 7 Reviews | 43% Recommended

The Ritz-Carlton Chicago

160 E Pearson Street Chicago, IL US 60611

Ritz Carlton Chicago (0 Photo)

The Ritz-Carlton Chicago

Had a one-night stay. Booked a lake view king. I am a Marriott Platinum as part of the SPG matching program, which they mentioned at check in.

At check in, I received a room at the John Hancock end of the hallway on likely the lowest floor that could pass for a 'lake view'. As I was headed to dinner and leaving relatively early the next day, I decided that complaining wasn't worth the energy. To be clear, my complaint would have been that I don't believe that I even received the best room available in the category that I booked, nevermind some sort of upgrade. For those that haven't stayed here, the JH building blocks the view, at least partially, when you are on that end of the hallway. I was as far down to that side as possible.

I probably would have just let this go, but to add to it, starting at like 7:30am, there was a combination of noise both outside the room as well as above/next door. There was some sort of repairs being conducted in either the room next to me or upstairs (scraping and banging). There was also an elevator 'bing' noise, which I believe came from the service elevator. That service door was left open througout the evening and into the morning (the regular elevators are too far away to have made the noise).

The lobby is also under construction, but I knew that when I booked it.

Ritz Carlton Chicago

Would you like to write a review on the The Ritz-Carlton Chicago?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
For whatever it is worth, I received a nice note from the General Manager. I would certainly be willing to give the hotel another try.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SPG
I made the mistake of booking a prepaid rate on the Marriott site for this hotel (I NEVER book prepaid) and now have found out that the hotel is under renovation. There was no mention of this when I booked, so I called Marriott guest care now to see if I could cancel and be refunded due to the renovations. They called the property and were told "We can't refund pre-paid reservations. And that's the final answer". Wow! Hopefully the actually hotel experience can make up for this extremely negative pre-stay experience. I did notice that Marriott.com now says that the hotel pool is undergoing a "refreshing", but makes no mention of a hotel-wide upgrade. Weird.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.