Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to dcchi: "Whenever we do staycations in downtown Chicago, we use the ParkWhiz app to find parking. Normally pretty substantial savings off of hotel parking rates and even minor savings (and sometimes more) off of garage posted rates. If you're willing to walk one or a few blocks, this works well."
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Any opinions of the Marriott Suites in Downers Grove?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 8:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
Did a search through this thread dating back to 2010 without any luck.

I will be staying at the FS Chicago Northwest in Hoffman Estates. Any reviews, comments about this property? Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by vatraveler
Any opinions of the Marriott Suites in Downers Grove?
If you two stay at the above properties, please do a trip report in a new thread for the properties (to make it easier to come up on search). Thx!

Cheers.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If you two stay at the above properties, please do a trip report in a new thread for the properties (to make it easier to come up on search). Thx!

Cheers.
Sounds good, will do!
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:38 am

I just read that the Downers Grove Marriott Suites was recently renovated.

Cheers.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Review for the Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26169441-post255.html
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
I was at the Renaissance Chicago Downtown this past Thursday night (2/4), and I was a really big fan. I cannot comment on parking or bell services, as I arrived via L train and had only one bag, but everything else was outstanding.

I got upgraded to an Executive Suite on the 26th floor - apparently they have a fair number of these rooms, as at least 4 of my colleagues got the same room type as well. The room was over 900 sqft, 1.5 bath, and had seating for about 10 people, including a nice dining table in the living room area. The bed was very comfortable as well, and the view of the river, Marina Towers, and the Tribune and Trump buildings was fantastic.

Concierge lounge is on the first floor and had a very good hot breakfast with eggs, bacon, oatmeal, pastries, fruit, and some other things. Decent enough ($7-$8) prices for basic beer and wine, though I did not partake in those. Very friendly, spacious, and modern property - I've heard this was not the case a few years ago, so apparently the renovations have been successful. I would definitely return again if the rate is right!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:58 pm

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Carpboy823
I was at the Renaissance Chicago Downtown this past Thursday night (2/4), and I was a really big fan.

apparently the renovations have been successful. I would definitely return again if the rate is right!
I was there the previous night and got the same, great room as well. Having stayed here many times over the past decade I really like the renovation!
Old Mar 23, 2016, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Started a stay at Springhill Suites River North this week. Arrived to find major construction of the lobby area.
*No signs directing where to check in.
*Standard breakfast not available - only an offer to deliver a continental breakfast to my room...but I had to specify what time I wanted it the night before?

Absolutely no notice provided of the construction nor that the standard, hot breakfast would not be offered. In fact, checking Marriott.com today and there is nothing posted on their hotel page still.

I have always had decent stays here, but this one really rubs me the wrong way. Didn't have time yet to seek out a manager...hopefully today.

But be warned that any upcoming stays at Springhill / Residence Inn here is going to be impacted.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:18 am

Thanks for the heads up & really bad form for the property not to notify guests via website.

Cheers.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Started a stay at Springhill Suites River North this week. Arrived to find major construction of the lobby area.
*No signs directing where to check in.
*Standard breakfast not available - only an offer to deliver a continental breakfast to my room...but I had to specify what time I wanted it the night before?

Absolutely no notice provided of the construction nor that the standard, hot breakfast would not be offered. In fact, checking Marriott.com today and there is nothing posted on their hotel page still.

I have always had decent stays here, but this one really rubs me the wrong way. Didn't have time yet to seek out a manager...hopefully today.

But be warned that any upcoming stays at Springhill / Residence Inn here is going to be impacted.
In the spirit of piling on, people looking to stay at the Residence Inn side of this property should also be aware that this Residence Inn does not provide the evening manager's reception that is standard for Residence Inns. There is also no notice of this on the website. The explanation by staff is that there are so many nice restaurants nearby that corporate didn't think it was necessary.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
In the spirit of piling on, people looking to stay at the Residence Inn side of this property should also be aware that this Residence Inn does not provide the evening manager's reception that is standard for Residence Inns. There is also no notice of this on the website. The explanation by staff is that there are so many nice restaurants nearby that corporate didn't think it was necessary.
There's a stand-alone thread re: the Residence Inn & the wiki mentions that the property doesn't offer the brand standard evening reception. Of course that doesn't help the general public who don't read FT. Perhaps someone will mention it on TripAdvisor.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...cago-loop.html

Cheers.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
There's a stand-alone thread re: the Residence Inn & the wiki mentions that the property doesn't offer the brand standard evening reception. Of course that doesn't help the general public who don't read FT. Perhaps someone will mention it on TripAdvisor.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...cago-loop.html

Cheers.
That's actually a different property on LaSalle. This one is the River North property. So there are two in Chicago that don't offer this. Last I knew, the one on Walton still had it; hopefully this isn't a trend.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
That's actually a different property on LaSalle. This one is the River North property. So there are two in Chicago that don't offer this. Last I knew, the one on Walton still had it; hopefully this isn't a trend.
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I thought they were the same. Wonder if the same franchise company owns them.

Well besides mentioning it on FT, hopefully will post the lack of reception at both properties on TripAdvisor as well.

Cheers.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 2:07 pm

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I thought they were the same. Wonder if the same franchise company owns them.

Well besides mentioning it on FT, hopefully will post the lack of reception at both properties on TripAdvisor as well.

Cheers.
Agreed. I, being a cheap Dutchman, cancelled my reservation once I found out that it wasn't provided at the River North property, so I haven't actually stayed there. I did call and verify that the evening reception is not provided. Perhaps someone who has stayed will follow through with a TA review.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.