Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Portland, OR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Portland, OR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:49 pm

Where are you working?

I work about 2 blocks from the AC and it's looking pretty nice. The construction was driving me crazy for months, so glad that's over. Very convenient if you are working in the city.

The Marriott Waterfront is actually connected to the building in which I used to work and I remember it being pricey at times. It's also further from the Max and the heart of downtown and the Pearl. Great if you want to run along the waterfront though or your office is over in that area.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:39 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Looking for some suggestions/info - I am staying overnight with a group (3 of us in total) in Portland and then will be taking the Amtrak Coast Starlight from Union Station the following day. Deciding between these 3 options:

- Portland Marriott City Center - This would be my preference, but when booking, I can't seem to find or select a room with 2 doubles or 2 queens, the only option I can seem to book is 1 king. (Are there actually rooms with doubles? Or would I have to get a king bed room and request a rollaway?)
- Residence Inn Downtown/Pearl District - mostly for how close it is to Union Station, but it obviously won't have a lounge and I'm not sure what the surrounding area is like?
- Marriott Waterfront - I know it's a bit further away from things, but the renovated pictures look nice, as do the views. Wondering if anyone has experiences with their M Club, as it looks like they've switched over to that now?

I've stayed at the Courtyard City Center before on individual travel and thought it was fine, but ideally would like to stay somewhere this time with a lounge (or at least a free breakfast!)
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I'm trying to decide between the CY at the Convention Center and the Doubletree nearby.

We are going to a basketball game, so the CY is closer, but is currently under renovation. I'm wondering if anyone has stayed there recently and can say how noisy it is? Is that a safe walk to/from the Moda Center? Also, since it's a CY, no free breakfast.

Any help deciding? I'd use points for either one, both acceptable levels.

We ended up staying at the Courtyard and it was a perfect choice. Very quick walk to the Moda center (they offer shuttle service to but not from, we would have taken it had it been raining but it was not, plus the front desk/lobby/bar were slammed and it would have been one of the front desk clerks who had to drive, so we were happy to walk, and it was very close, easy and safe).

Got the Gold amenity choice at check-in. Took the 500 points. Stayed on points and they gave us a smaller room close to the elevators, but it was surprisingly quiet inside and out. For one night it was fine.

"Renovations" were a non-issue - heard nothing, saw nothing except the sign in the lobby saying they were happening.

Happy hour specials at the bar are terrific - we opted to eat there rather than the restaurant (which is not a typical CY Bistro, but a "nicer" restaurant called BLVD. Some of the same food was at the bar at great prices - we had 2 glasses of wine (very generous pours of a very decent HH special chard), 2 craft beers, and four food items - rosemary fries with gorgonzola dipping sauce, mac & cheese, Buffalo wings (a huge portion) and a Caesar salad - 4 drinks, 4 food items - ready? $33 TOTAL before tip.

Best part? Trailblazers stomped the Warriors. I thought the roof was going to come off - great game.

Last edited by Eujeanie; Feb 17, 2018 at 8:48 pm
Old Jan 27, 2018, 8:26 am

Our Favorite is Fairfield Inn, 17717 SE Mill Plain Blvd, Vancouver, WA 98683....it's close to the airport and fairly new-hard to come by in Portland. Excellent service. We are plat and miss out on the points but having a good hotel is worth it.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'm trying to decide between the CY at the Convention Center and the Doubletree nearby.

We are going to a basketball game, so the CY is closer, but is currently under renovation. I'm wondering if anyone has stayed there recently and can say how noisy it is? Is that a safe walk to/from the Moda Center? Also, since it's a CY, no free breakfast.

I cant speak to which property is better but the walk from either will be safe. Assuming it is for a blazers game, there will be plenty of people walking to the game coming from either location.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Eujeanie

We ended up staying at the Courtyard and it was a perfect choice. Very quick walk to the Moda center (they offer shuttle service to but not from, we would have taken it had it been raining but it was not, plus the front desk/lobby/bar were slammed and it would have been one of the front desk clerks who had to drive, so we were happy to walk, and it was very close, easy and safe).

Got the Gold amenity choice at check-in. Took the 500 points. Stayed on points and they gave us a smaller room close to the elevators, but it was surprisingly quiet inside and out. For one night it was fine.

"Renovations" were a non-issue - heard nothing, saw nothing except the sign in the lobby saying they were happening.

Happy hour specials at the bar are terrific - we opted to eat there rather than the restaurant (which is not a typical CY Bistro, but a "nicer" restaurant called BLVD. Some of the same food was at the bar at great prices - we had 2 glasses of wine (very generous pours of a very decent HH special chard), 2 craft beers, and four food items - rosemary fries with gorgonzola dipping sauce, mac & cheese, Buffalo wings (a huge portion) and a Caesar salad - 4 drinks, 4 food items - ready? $33 TOTAL before tip.

Best part? Trailblazers stomped the Warriors. I thought the roof was going to come off - great game.
Valet parking $26 but that was fine, too.
Old May 15, 2018, 12:46 am

Programs: AA - EXP, UA - resigned in protest, Marriott - Platinum, Pepsi - Platinum, TSA One-Finger Saluter
I'm looking at taking my fiancee to Portland for the first time (she's never been) and am trying to decide between either the Hi-Lo or the Marriott City Center. Using points for the stay, so really it comes down to which hotel would be better for sightseeing purposes and showing her all the Rose City has to offer. The Hi-Lo does seem new and "hip", but the Marriott City Center has a lounge (so breakfast and coffee, both important) and the rooms look slightly bigger and offer city skyline views. Has anybody stayed at both properties who could offer recommendations one way or the other?
Old May 15, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SoCalFlyer23
I'm looking at taking my fiancee to Portland for the first time (she's never been) and am trying to decide between either the Hi-Lo or the Marriott City Center. Using points for the stay, so really it comes down to which hotel would be better for sightseeing purposes and showing her all the Rose City has to offer. The Hi-Lo does seem new and "hip", but the Marriott City Center has a lounge (so breakfast and coffee, both important) and the rooms look slightly bigger and offer city skyline views. Has anybody stayed at both properties who could offer recommendations one way or the other?
I prefer the Hi-Lo. The Marriott City Center’s rooms are a bit bigger but the decor is very dated. The City Center does have a lounge but it’s small and the food is very basic (coffee, scrambled eggs, potatoes, and a meat for breakfast usually). The Hi-Lo has free coffee in the lobby and is walking distance from many great breakfast places.

If a lounge is important to you, check out the Marriott Waterfront which has a very nice lounge including more creative food, a Starbucks espresso/latte machine, and a nice cocktail menu.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: IHG Ambassador , Marriott platinum, United, Delta
The Waterfront Hotel Lounge is nice but it is a convention hotel and last time we were there we had to walk down to the lower level to get a elevator to go up. The lounge was very large and well stocked. No Alcohol or hot evening food on weekend. There also is a lot of constructions on the road infront of the Hotel. I would defiantly stay there again though. We also enjoyed the AC. Nice coffee bar in the lobby and bar eating area. Good location for walking around the city.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond
AC Marriott in Portland

The AC is a lovely hotel in a great location. It is a one block walk from the light rail line that services the airport. The breakfast menu is limited.
Old May 25, 2018, 10:54 am

Any Portland Hotels With Balconies?

Looking for something in the DT area. Have Kids and the Wife and I like to eat or have drinks while the kids try to sleep.
Old May 25, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Waterfront Marriott many rooms have small balconies - I think they some rooms with bigger available. Worth calling and asking.

Hi/lo - no balconies
City Center - no balconies
AC - no balconies

Not sure about the nines (SPG)

I think the Residence Inn may have balconies. If not, it at least has a separate living room.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: United GS MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
I have a trip to Portland next month and am currently debating between the AC Hotel and the Marriott City Center. The two are priced similarly and am trying to figure out which reservation to keep. Any recommendations?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by JLSocks
I have a trip to Portland next month and am currently debating between the AC Hotel and the Marriott City Center. The two are priced similarly and am trying to figure out which reservation to keep. Any recommendations?
With the CC you would get lounge access & free brekkie if that matters to you.

Cheers.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: United GS MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
With the CC you would get lounge access & free brekkie if that matters to you.

Cheers.
Sometimes that matters to me. I'm currently leaning towards the CC due to the breakfast/lounge access and it being slightly cheaper than the AC, but aesthetically, I like the AC more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.