Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Portland, OR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Portland, OR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I stayed at the Courtyard last month (as it was very close to my office and there is a Starbucks across the street). Got upgraded to a rum with a couch on a higher floor -- one of my colleagues with no status got a room with no couch. Extremely friendly and helpful staff -- they were happy to put some items into their freezer for me. Nothing special given it's a CY but it was very convenient and that's probably where I'll stay next time (if there is a next time).

We had dinner one night at the Urban Farmer Portland on the 8th floor of the Nines. I thought it was very good for what it was.

-J.

David
Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by mildfrequence
(They call the courtyard "downtown convention center" but honestly to any local the Vance is more "downtown" than that by virtue of being southwest.)
I agree with this. The "other" CY near the Embassy Suites et al is more downtown than by the Moda Center. It's like New York hotels putting "Times Square" in their name even though they are far away.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 5:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Trying to decide where to stay for a 1 (or maximum 2) night stay in Portland. Haven't been there before, so not sure what to expect. Not really into art or museums, I'd just like to walk around a bit and get impression of the city.
Will probably have to work a bit from my room, so a desk would be nice.
Trying to decide between the Hyatt Centric and the Hotel Vance or Hi-Lo (or maybe the Moxy). Marriott Titanium and Hyatt Globalist. Which would you go with for a first time visit?
The Hyatt Centric looks best, but I have some Marriott offers on my Amex and Marriott also has double elite nights at the moment... So I'm slightly leaning towards Marriott...
Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:19 pm

New Luxury Hotel in Portland?

A Ritz Carlton coming to Portland?

I was just poking around and saw this - looks like it's being built on a lot that used to home several food trucks.

Opening April 2023 according to the website.

Just strikes me as odd that Marriott would be building (and yes, building, I don't think it's a redo of an existing building according to the address) when I'm not sure Portland is in a position to welcome a luxury addition yet. Many companies boarded up and left. Hope I'm wrong and they're on their way to recovery? It's been a terrible couple of years.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by Eujeanie

I was just poking around and saw this - looks like it's being built on a lot that used to home several food trucks.

Just strikes me as odd that Marriott would be building (and yes, building, I don't think it's a redo of an existing building according to the address) when I'm not sure Portland is in a position to welcome a luxury addition yet. Many companies boarded up and left. Hope I'm wrong and they're on their way to recovery? It's been a terrible couple of years.
yes this is a common topic of conversation— it is housing built for visitors. The question is, will they come. There is no local market but maybe if tech comes back, so will visitors who are willing to spend.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L

As soon as you mentioned the food trucks I knew exactly where this is, and to me at least it's disappointing since there were so many great food options there. A lot of good memories on that block

-J.
ExArkie, samosa and mildfrequence like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by samosa
yes this is a common topic of conversation— it is housing built for visitors. The question is, will they come. There is no local market but maybe if tech comes back, so will visitors who are willing to spend.
I live in Eugene, and Portland used to be a favorite "big city" overnight for us. Haven't been in years. I sure hope things get better.
KRSW likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
As soon as you mentioned the food trucks I knew exactly where this is, and to me at least it's disappointing since there were so many great food options there. A lot of good memories on that block

-J.
Yeah, they paved paradise and put up a ....luxury high rise.
mbluecpa, GW McLintock and samosa like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:53 pm

Yeah, they paved paradise and put up a ....luxury high rise.
on what used to be a parking lot
Eujeanie likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by samosa
They will have 1-3 bedroom residences on the top floors - but darn I couldn't find prices anywhere, but I suppose if you have to ask...
Old Dec 25, 2022, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
They will have 1-3 bedroom residences on the top floors - but darn I couldn't find prices anywhere, but I suppose if you have to ask...
Looks like “starting at $1.5 million,” with the smallest 1Br a little over 1100 sf.

The hotel is accepting reservations starting July 6. I was curious and checked: on a couple of random dates in August, lowest rate was $518, a $240-270 premium over The Nines.
samosa and mildfrequence like this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:17 pm

Anyone stay at Hotel Vance recently? What is their platinum/titanium breakfast amenity?
Old Feb 4, 2023, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by erics2356
Anyone stay at Hotel Vance recently? What is their platinum/titanium breakfast amenity?
Last year it was not a great breakfast selection. They had a small menu and you could pick most items off the menu, but sadly nothing was great
erics2356 likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by mbluecpa
Looks like “starting at $1.5 million,” with the smallest 1Br a little over 1100 sf.

The hotel is accepting reservations starting July 6. I was curious and checked: on a couple of random dates in August, lowest rate was $518, a $240-270 premium over The Nines.
They now have points rates up starting July through January. Range from 70's to 100's, most in the 80's.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Need to be in Portland for one night end of this week. I'll have some free time on my hands so I figure I'd explore the city a bit as it's my first time.

Is the HI LO worth an extra $30 over the Vance? Would love to stay at the Nines, but I feel it's wasted for only one night and it's almost double the price of the other two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.