Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Portland, OR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Portland, OR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Trip Report - Portland Oregon Marriott FS City Center

Recently stayed 1 night at the Portland Oregon FS Marriott City Center. (Jan 2014)

Location: downtown - centrally located. Portland has good public transit so easy to get around. Pedestrian friendly area.

Took the MAX red line from PDX for $2.50 and got off at pioneer square (40 minutes), then walked 2 blocks to the hotel - very easy. There are free maps at the airport, and a Portland Police officer was at the MAX info/ticket area and was very helpful with directions.

Check-in: Small lobby, no waiting. Checked in early (before 2pm) but room was ready. Upgraded from standard room to king parlor suite (a nice surprise). Offered choice of points or $10 coupon (took coupon). Thanked for being Plat member.

Room: Parlor suite is a true suite with an entry hall, sitting/TV room, bedroom, and full bath. 2 nice flat screen TV's, plenty of closet space and a safe. Don't remember if it had a fridge. 2 choices of Wi-fi and the fastest is free for MR Gold/Plat.

Gym: on 4th floor, decent facility. 1 of 3 treadmills out of service. Had water bottles, towels, and headphones.

Lounge: On 20th floor, with panoramic view of downtown and river area. L-shaped and a little narrow but lots of seats. Small desk with computer and printer/fax machine (I used it to print boarding passes and it worked fine.)

Evening spread - several hot items, better than average for domestic lounge. Really nice salad and cheese crackers also. Alcohol was not self service (lounge agent served.) Got 2 glasses of white at $10 each and it was just fair (I am not a wine snob by any means). Desert was good - selection of cookies, brownies, etc.

Breakfast - eggs were fair. bacon & sausage were really good. excellent fresh fruit. Also had breads, yogurt, cereals, etc. Very friendly lounge agents.

Check out took 1 minute. 2 blocks to MAX and 40 minutes back to airport. Glad I have pre-check because the normal line at PDX was LONG!
Old Jan 16, 2014, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the updated trip report! Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Recently stayed 1 night at the Portland Oregon FS Marriott City Center. (Jan 2014)

Offered choice of points or $10 coupon (took coupon). Thanked for being Plat member.

Gym: on 4th floor, decent facility. 1 of 3 treadmills out of service. Had water bottles, towels, and headphones.

Lounge: Evening spread - several hot items, better than average for domestic lounge. Really nice salad and cheese crackers also. Alcohol was not self service (lounge agent served.) Got 2 glasses of white at $10 each and it was just fair (I am not a wine snob by any means). Desert was good - selection of cookies, brownies, etc.

!
Thanks for the very helpful review. I am considering staying there in the near future. I have two questions:
Did the fitness center have good weight training equipment?

Were you able to use your $10 certificate for the glass of wine in the CL?
Thanks.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by Armani
Thanks for the very helpful review. I am considering staying there in the near future. I have two questions:
Did the fitness center have good weight training equipment?

Were you able to use your $10 certificate for the glass of wine in the CL?
Thanks.
To be honest, I can't remember the specifics of the weight training equipment. I stayed at 4 Marriotts in the last 2 weeks! I looked at the photo on their website and it didn't show much - a mult-station and cardio equipment. Not sure if they had free weights; perhaps you could call the hotel.

I did use the $10 cert in the CL. Gave it to the attendant when I signed the slip, and it was properly deducted from the bill (the remainder showed up on the room charges)
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:05 am

Transportation between Union Station and Courtyard

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Courtyard City Center would be my choice. Pretty new hotel, with a good restaurant / bar attached. Close to pretty much everything.

Probably a cab ride from the station though.
I will be also arriving by train and noticed that there appear to be light rail stations at Portland Union Station as well as near the Courtyard City Center. Does anyone know whether you can take light rail between the two?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, it runs down 5th Av
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:32 am

Stayed at the city center marriott saturday of last weekend. Purchased a "skyline view" room for ~160. Asked for an upgrade upon check-in (im platinum), didn't receive one because they've been "all booked out since yesterday". Both suites and corner rooms were still listed on the website at their normal prices and it was 7pm...whatever. Go up to the room and my "skyline view" is the top of a parking lot. Not impressed with this property. The lack of upgrades thing is fine and can be expected to happen, but the whole "skyline view" is a bit ridiculous. I'll take my money to the waterfront in the future for sure.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by llbad
Stayed at the city center marriott saturday of last weekend. Purchased a "skyline view" room for ~160. Asked for an upgrade upon check-in (im platinum), didn't receive one because they've been "all booked out since yesterday". Both suites and corner rooms were still listed on the website at their normal prices and it was 7pm...whatever. Go up to the room and my "skyline view" is the top of a parking lot. Not impressed with this property. The lack of upgrades thing is fine and can be expected to happen, but the whole "skyline view" is a bit ridiculous. I'll take my money to the waterfront in the future for sure.
If you're going to be there for more than one night, ask them to move you to a true skyline view room.

Cheers.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UAL Lifetime Gold
Stayed here several times and never gotten an upgrade ... They always have an excuse To be honest with you I really have never gotten a "nice room with a view". I stayed a few weeks back at the Courtyard Downtown, not bad and the rate was allot less. Upgraded to a corner room with a view !! I'll go back there before staying at the FS
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SPG-Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat
Portland Marriott Downtown waterfront

I have a weekend stay booked at the Portland Marriott Downtown waterfront this June. I an SPG PLAT but the *wood rates are outrageous that weekend. I have 'GOLD Elite' status with Marriott as I am UA GOLD. (Comped from UA) My partner is deaf and we gave a small service dog so the hike and bike trails by the lake look great. Also proximity to downtown is fine. Trip Advisor comments, more recent than anything on FT, mention renovations this winter/spring.
Anyone have any recent experience with tis hotel? Any experience with with Marriott Gold status means at this property?

Hotel doesn't seem to have a lounge, and marriott info says that they offer comp breakfast when there isn't one, but has anyone gotten an upgrade?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Any updates?

I am contemplating staying the Courtyard Downtown at the end of August. It looks like I would be redeeming points for my nights. I have zero status with Marriott.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
Any updates?

I am contemplating staying the Courtyard Downtown at the end of August. It looks like I would be redeeming points for my nights. I have zero status with Marriott.
Updates re: all the properties or just the CY? Looking back at reports CY seems to get decent reviews. CY isn't the brand that does a lot w/ elites in terms of bennies, so you won't be missing out on much. As a member of Marriott Rewards you'll get free internet & that's basically it.

Cheers.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:14 pm

Any updates?

I'd personally stay at the FS Waterfront. Same points and they just renovated the rooms.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:37 pm

Any updates?

I stayed there last Spring for a train trip layover. Although I typically avoid Courtyards because they offer nothing for elite benefits, this is a nice hotel and conveniently located near Union Station, food trucks, and several restaurants. The restaurant in the lobby is an independent modern diner and has great breakfast and lunch at a fair price. It appears to be popular with locals. The staff was great and I was upgraded to a large corner room with a nice view.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
I'd personally stay at the FS Waterfront. Same points and they just renovated the rooms.
That works if the FS is available for points. If it doesn't, then that may be why the CY was chosen. Based on Armani's response, sounds like the CY is an ok choice. Also, the FTer posting has zero status w/ Marriott so FS isn't going to really get him much more than CY.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.